Signed by Cowboys Alfred Morris is Back

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Morris had a 50 yard TD last year while playing on the 49ers which was a bad team. In 17 Morris had a 70 plus yard run. Morris isn't terrible, he isn't close to Zeke either.

I'm saying that because this isn't a good sign that Zeke is staying. Add in what Jerry said about not needing a rushing champ to win a Superbowl...... For all the Zeke fans, y'all might be cheering for a different team next year.

Last edited:

AbeBeta

Reaction score
This is about Gary Brown liking Morris and knowing he'll be an excellent role model for our rookies. Morris knows he's not making the team but we might see him as a low-level offensive assistant in the future when he's ready to hang it up.

stiletto

Reaction score
Alf is a known commodity, good guy, everyone likes him. He can still go in and play if the rookies are terrible and no Zeke. Seems like an insurance policy but I think they should've kicked the tires on Ajayi as well...

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Morris had a 50 years TD last year while playing on the 49ers which was a bad team. In 17 Morris had a 70 plus yard run. Morris isn't terrible, he isn't close to Zeke either.

I'm saying that because this isn't a good sign that Zeke is staying. Add in what Jerry said about not needing a rushing champ to win a Superbowl...... For all the Zeke fans, y'all might be cheering for a different team next year.

Please. No one in their right mind thinks that two years after failing to produce as Zeke's replacement that Morris is somehow the answer.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Please. No one in their right mind thinks that two years after failing to produce as Zeke's replacement that Morris is somehow the answer.
I don't think they are going with Morris as the answer but more of running by committee. I'm thinking the bell cow back is getting less and less important in today's league

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Haha, this is awesome! I would much prefer Ajayi but this is a step in the right direction. This may not mean anything at all or it may mean the Cowboys aren’t playing games. Cowboys may be playing chess while Zeke is trying to figure out if checkers is a game or the name of a run play.

What would be awesome is if they signed that Darkwa cat that Zeke is allegedly working out with.
I bet you draft Zeke in your Fantasy League!!

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I don't think they are going with Morris as the answer but more of running by committee. I'm thinking the bell cow back is getting less and less important in today's league

We've literally been here just a few years ago. It sucked so we used the #4 pick on Zeke.

Willful ignorance is not wisdom.

Reactions: CWR

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
"If you need three yards, Alfred Morris can get you three yards. If you need seven yards, Alfred Morris can get you three yards."
Morris has had some big runs, had a 50 yard TD last year.

This will make people mad but when was the last time Zeke had a 50 yard TD.

Before people jump on me Morris isn't even close to being as good as Zeke, just posting some facts.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
We got the 4th pick because of terrible QB play not running back play. We had the number 4 overall rusher that year and still went 4-12 because of QB and coaching.

Don't be thick.

We USED the #4 pick on Zeke because our backs sucked.