Alfred Morris was a certified heist

Dodger12

Reaction score
I think Morris is a better RB than DMAC if Morris has anything left in the tank. At the end of the day, you guys are getting worked up over "fillers." This team, just like any other, will win when it drafts better and coaches better so I'm not looking for a savior in FA. Give me a solid draft and we'll improve. If we continue to suck on Day 2, then we'll continue down the long path we're on.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
And then what? Look for another RB next year. We have a chance to get one of the best backs to come out of college in the last 5-6 years and we pass :banghead:

Like I have said for years on this site. Dallas draft their HOF RBs. Forget how Denver, NE, Giants, and other teams win. Win the Dallas Cowboys way. GRIND GRIND GRIND.

Actually sounds like a great idea.. Fournette, Dalvin Cook, McCaffery, Chubb,Gallman, Perine, Elijah Hood.. Just to name a few.

Gameover

Reaction score
If our D ever gets off the field...

They didn't the second half of last season? Minus the finale.

Let's just hope the offense can sustain more than one draft per half, that will help the D!

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Some of the blah responses are exactly why I made this thread. I know many of us feel pretty ho hum about this signing but, if we allow ourselves to get past the fact that it's not a major headliner, we will see the value in what we have. Dude is a beast in the locker room and on the field. He is your classic overachiever. Quiet.. Humble. & just gets it done. Oh.. Add the fact that he has a major chip on his shoulder as well after going through the humbling experience of seeing your replacement drafted and then having to take a back seat to said draftee. We are getting a real gem based upon intangibles and his emotional state. The first thing he said was that it's great to feel like he's part of a "family" in Dallas. A subtle jab at Washington that will drive him to show them exactly what they gave up on.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
Dude is primed for a bounce back year behind arguably the best oline in the NFL. A steal!

I've like the man from afar except when he played against the Cowboys. I think he isn't as washed up as some say he is. As a matter of fact I'm hoping after a year of light work and a new scenerio for Alfred that he will become the beast in the east. He can be a featured back or a complimentary back either way he is very talented at toting the rock. He's a Cowboy now not a dirty Commander. I'm a fan.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Morris? Not even close

Has Dunbar ever scored a TD?

Good Sir, I'll have you know that you he has, multiple times...or maybe once...err..actually not at all. But let's not drag this down by stats. The kid can run! Scat back!!!

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
You're just concerned because this could possibly free-up the chance that we go QB at #4, bro. Your boy will still be QB2 if we take Wentze/Goff. Kellen will get his chance to go all Doug Flutie for us.

It's not that @ all....I hope we take Wentz. I really do. I just would have went w/ a RB in the middle rounds. I'm not a believer in signing another teams washed up RB. You always go younger when you can. :rolleyes:

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
Morris? Not even close

Has Dunbar ever scored a TD?

wasn't being literal so yeah he is an upgrade over Dunbar. My point is that Alfred Morris doesn't excite me anymore than Darren McFadden does. Just don't see this "steal" that this thread and some posters say he is.

If I was considering Elliot at #4, I would consider him still at 4.(making a point, not necessarily saying we should be)

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I just can't see that. I'm thinking our rotation at RB is pretty much public knowledge now unless DMC or what's his name gets hurt.

Dunbar most likely is starting on pup. Last year we carred 4 rb's.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
We don't need a CB or RB at #4. We need dat dude in my sig because Romo won't make it past 8 starts. He's old and brittle. Super talented with the biggest heart in the world but.. old & brittle.