Alfred Morris was a certified heist

Bullet22

Reaction score
If Morris is so good, why did the Skins not want him back and no other team wanted also at his low price tag...

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Should he be the lead back over Darren McFadden?

Joe Theismann: I think so. Absolutely. I think it would be good for Darren McFadden to be honest with you. To be a back who could carry 8-10 times a game. I do believe that Alfred could be and should be the workhorse. Alfred would serve the purpose, and I think serve it very well, to be a first- and second-down back. He's gonna pick up short yardage and goal line for you. He's not gonna break an 80-yarder, but he's gonna get you enough 15s to be able to feel like it's a great contribution to your football team. Besides the fact of what he can do after contact, he does not put the ball on the ground. He does not have a history of fumbling. He does make people miss. He always finishes going forward. He's much more powerful than people give him credit for. He has a running style a little like Emmitt. They're both not the tallest of guys, but they're very elusive when it comes to getting through the line of scrimmage. And they're very difficult to bring down when you have them in one-on-one situations. That's where the comparison lies when you talk about Alfred and one of the greatest running backs that's ever put on a uniform.

http://sportsday.***BANNED-URL***/d...tting-incredible-first-class-person-lead-back

Well, there you have it. Theismann has spoken. Was waiting for that. All is well.

"I think, so."

That says it all.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I'm not depending on McFadden for a full 16 games morris should start soon honestly.. Morris is better runner I like his vision

McFadden is better in the open field and in the passing game. Short yardage, sure go with Morris.

kazzd58

Reaction score
McFadden is better in the open field and in the passing game. Short yardage, sure go with Morris.

Morris is more elusive meaning he gets yards after contact and he break tackles something I don't se McFadden do much at all meaning he can do more with less...

Morris is smooth slippery watching his tape, McFadden has more power than I thought but hes not the better over all runner of the ball rhose extra 2-5 yds after contact matter especially in 4th qtr... I've watched both play I still think Morris is a better overall runner

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Morris is more elusive meaning he gets yards after contact and he break tackles something I don't se McFadden do much at all meaning he can do more with less...

Morris is smooth slippery watching his tape, McFadden has more power than I thought but hes not the better over all runner of the ball rhose extra 2-5 yds after contact matter especially in 4th qtr... I've watched both play I still think Morris is a better overall runner

I'll take McFadden in the open\ field when it comes to elusiveness. Morris hasn't the speed to be more elusive.

kazzd58

Reaction score
I'll take McFadden in the open\ field when it comes to elusiveness. Morris hasn't the speed to be more elusive.

McFadden is faster yes but Morris got better feet and breaks waaaaaaayyyyyyyy more tackles than McFadden

egn22

Reaction score
pinocchio-a-bad-motivational-speaker.gif

Hahahahaha nice.
But I honestly believe he's gonna resurrect his career here. You don't think so?

egn22

Reaction score
is it me or does THIS PLAYER IS A CERTIFIED HEIST!!!! coupled with "primed for a bounce back!!!" just scream contradiction?

Yeah I can see your point. Skins saw enough of him to believe letting him go wouldn't be a huge deal since he appeared to decline.

But Fans of the signing (myself included) believe this system will allow him to do what he did prior to last season. Getting him at that price was a great move or some might say "heist".

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Hahahahaha nice.
But I honestly believe he's gonna resurrect his career here. You don't think so?

I think he will be average as long as McFadden is not in the way. Still have concerns about the tread on his tires and especially pass receiving.

Swanny

Reaction score
It's certifiably crazy to think that Alfred Morris is a certified heist. (Not really just using that term to go with the OP)
1. The Cowboys were the only team interested.
2. He's gonna be the back up
3. The Commanders have good online and Morris was awful last season

Only a Cowboys fan would think this signing is a steal. And I don't mean that as a knock on Cowboy fans (because I'm a Cowboy Fan) I say that because any fanbase likes to get excited about the players the team just signed.
I like the signing it does give us depth for when DMC gets injured. But I think DMC is clearly the better option. And neither are a good option to have as a number 1 RB

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

He is.

I would take Matt Jones over Morris everytime.

I'm not impressed with a RB that produces in Shannahans scheme and falls off after and neither was the rest of the NFL and that's why we got him for nothing.

He'll be a solid player for us but we didn't outsmart anyone on this signing. He's just a guy.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
If he is used CORRECTLY, he is the perfect lead back for this team. Someone who will chew up clock and eat carries on first and 2nd down. I live 20 mins from Commanders Park...so I know the team and personnel pretty well for a rival fan. McFadden would be better off playing a couple of series and on 3rd down. This will protect Romo from injuries and protect the defense. Love this move!

And no I am not saying this guy is Adrian Peterson type power/explosion. Or Barry Sander type of shiftiness. But think an Emmitt Smith "type" RB. He runs well inside. Falls forward. Runs low to the ground. Consummate professional. If healthy, the RB corps just got better.

Lastly, did not look up his "numbers". I don't need to. I have seen him play a LOT. So I know what we are getting.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
And then what? Look for another RB next year. We have a chance to get one of the best backs to come out of college in the last 5-6 years and we pass :banghead:

Like I have said for years on this site. Dallas draft their HOF RBs. Forget how Denver, NE, Giants, and other teams win. Win the Dallas Cowboys way. GRIND GRIND GRIND.

The draft hasn't occurred yet. The Morris signing does not mean we'll pass on Ezekiel Elliott, if he's our targeted player.

No one is going to confuse Alfred Morris with Ezekiel Elliott.