All 62 Starting QBs From The 2021 Season Ranked

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-qb-index-ranking-all-62-starting-qbs-of-the-2021-nfl-season

Dak finishes 9th:

Dak's play sunk after a Week 6 calf injury, but his struggles ran deeper than the injury. "I wouldn't say it lingered as long as people gave me the excuse of it," Prescott said on The Rich Eisen Show during Super Bowl week. "I went through a period of time during the season where I just didn't play my best ball."

After Prescott's fast start to the season, his inaccuracy and tentative play made for one of the most inexplicable stories in the entire league. He still mixed in enough boffo games to finish with strong stats, but the bar is higher for Prescott, considering his teammates.

9th????
Or is it really 19?

RaZon

Reaction score
Again, he struggled. He said it himself, nobody was comparing Dak. You went on that tantrum. I said Dak put up same numbers this year, but we all know he struggle the last half the season, just like Russ

So you think that's it for Wilson, his best days are behind him? Not sure where you are going wit this. The guy had one of his best seasons in 2020, so if he was struggling sure didn't show up in his numbers.

Dre11

Reaction score
So you think that's it for Wilson, his best days are behind him? Not sure where you are going wit this. The guy had one of his best seasons in 2020, so if he was struggling sure didn't show up in his numbers.

I don't know what's going on with Russ, he has to figure out if Seattle is his home next season. As I said earlier. Numbers don't tell the whole story, nobody would think Dak struggled either if you just look at the numbers.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
[QUOTE="MountaineerCowboy, post: 11751582, member: 41691"]Sure it does.

When you only play well against bad teams then you start to gain a reputation. Dak has secured that reputation for now.

Using Stafford, who led his team to a Super Bowl win, as a defense of Dak makes zero sense. Every QB plays bad teams every year. The top QBs play well consistently against all teams. Dak does not do that.[/QUOTE]

No it doesn't.

But you don't understand my point, and I can't you help you....

DFWJC

Reaction score
:facepalm::huh:

the game went into overtime. we scored 33. the stat lines were

24-39 373 1TD
32-47 392 2 TD

I dare you without looking at the box score, tell me which one was Dak.
Not in on this Carr debate but wanted to fix the numbers for that game

Carr
394 Total yards
1 TD
81 QBR
102 Pass rate

Prescott
378 Total Yards
2 TDs
43 QBR
106 Pass Rate

Heckuva game 36-33...wish we would've won though

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Not in on this Carr debate but wanted to fix the numbers for that game

Carr
394 Total yards
1 TD
81 QBR
102 Pass rate

Prescott
378 Total Yards
2 TDs
43 QBR
106 Pass Rate

Heckuva game 36-33...wish we would've won though

Those QBR numbers are curious.. Carr completed a lower percentage, for fewer yards, one less TD and had the help of a running game that doubled up the Cowboys.. yet HE is the one who got the higher QBR? And by almost double? Color me confused on that one.. I'd love to know what component of the game got him the higher grade by such a wide margin.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Those QBR numbers are curious.. Carr completed a lower percentage, for fewer yards, one less TD and had the help of a running game that doubled up the Cowboys.. yet HE is the one who got the higher QBR? And by almost double? Color me confused on that one.. I'd love to know what component of the game got him the higher grade by such a wide margin.
Those ESPN QBR numbers are always a mystery to me.
But some people love them

I'm sure it's based on some form of situation analysis. But whatever.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Those ESPN QBR numbers are always a mystery to me.
But some people love them

I'm sure it's based on some form of situation analysis. But whatever.

Oh it is.. making it unavoidably subjective. Still for a guy who put up Dak's numbers including leading a drive to tie the game up at the end to be scored so poorly is a bit of head scratcher to me. No he was not "lights out" in that game but 42? 2 TDs.. no turnovers.. damn near 400 yards, 68.8 completion rate, game tying drive at the end and you basically get a failing grade? Maybe they were mad about all the times he could have run for a first down and chose not to? Because it has been shown time and again that QBR heavily favors QBs who run effectively. And I am not necessarily opposed to that.. But Carr ran for 21 yards to Dak's 3. I am hard pressed to understand how 18 yards could be that big of a difference. If they dinged him for leaving yards on the ground on the field then they have a point. Dak needs to not be so hesitant to take off in 2022. Run, get 5 yards and slide.. Nothing at all wrong with 2nd and 5.

GINeric

Reaction score
HOFer Drew…guess he’s a coward and other angry names :

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/dallas-dak-prescott-drew-pearson-40-million-disappointment

"I'm just wavering now with Dak," Pearson said. "I just saw regression as the season went on and that's a disappointment at $40 million a year."

"At $40 million a year, you've got to take charge in that situation," Pearson said. "You've got to be ‘the man’."

"He says all the right things, but now's the time to put up," Pearson said.

No Drew isn't a coward because he don't run and hide when Dallas win. He's never called Dak a bum and come out only when the Cowboys lose.

So his and others opinions really matter. Its the weak *** cowards who only come out after the Cowboys lose but hide when the Cowboys win and Dak plays great either way. Those cowards know who they are.

GINeric

Reaction score
Who would've thought being between Kyler Murray and Derek Carr in a QB ranking would make you guys so proud.

Nobody said it made anybody proud. But it hurts the idiots who say Dak is below average, a bum, or not a top 10 QB.

morat1959

Reaction score
No Drew isn't a coward because he don't run and hide when Dallas win. He's never called Dak a bum and come out only when the Cowboys lose.

So his and others opinions really matter. Its the weak *** cowards who only come out after the Cowboys lose but hide when the Cowboys win and Dak plays great either way. Those cowards know who they are.
Dak sux!

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There are few Dak homers left here as the majority accept the fact we do not have an Elite 40 million $ QB under center who can carry the team to glory.
They are a dying breed and after this coming season, I highly doubt if a handful will be left here selling Dak and his garbage stats.
Now that his cap is kicking in and talents around him will be lower and older look for a total pressure meltdown of # 4.
Patience, as sooner or later the truth always rises to the top!

Last edited:

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
There are few Dak homers left here as the majority accept the fact we do not have an Elite 40 million $ QB under center who can carry the team.
They are a dying breed and after this coming season, I highly doubt if a handful will be left here selling Dak and his garbage stats.
Now that his cap is kicking in and talents around him will be lower and older look for a total pressure meltdown of # 4.
Patience, as sooner or later the truth always rises to the top!
It'll get less and less after every failed season.

There is only so many times you can be wrong about someone before you throw up your hands and say enough is enough.

They'll get there and they will need our support when that time comes, by support I don't mean babying them, but giving them tough love and letting them know it's okay to admit you were wrong. We cannot enable their delusional thoughts. That doesn't help anyone in the long run.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It'll get less and less after every failed season.

There is only so many times you can be wrong about someone before you throw up your hands and say enough is enough.

They'll get there and they will need our support when that time comes, by support I don't mean babying them, but giving them tough love and letting them know it's okay to admit you were wrong. We cannot enable their delusional thoughts. That doesn't help anyone in the long run.

Not all but most of the members who are still Dak homers do so for reasons other than football.
It's personal for reasons only they can (if possible) comprehend.
Hence why they use the word HATE daily here which when you think about it has no place in these lovely forums of ours.
They have my sympathies and hopes that their personal demons stop blinding them of the reality of Dak and his most inept talent base.
The glory of the STAR above all.......yes including Dak!

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Not all but most of the members who are still Dak homers do so for reasons other than football.
It's personal for reasons only they can (if possible) comprehend.
Hence why they use the word HATE daily here which when you think about it has no place in these lovely forums of ours.
They have my sympathies and hopes that their personal demons stop blinding them of the reality of Dak and his most inept talent base.
The glory of the STAR above all.......yes including Dak!
Yeah, most are able to be reasonable about the QB situation, but the few hold outs left are just the sad few that are not mature enough to admit they were wrong. They're like that story of those soldiers that was still hiding out 30 years after the war had ended even though they had received information that it was over, they didn't accept it and thought it was a trick.

The STAR should always comes first. No player is bigger than the STAR. A few have Stockholm'd themselves into a false reality sadly.