All 62 Starting QBs From The 2021 Season Ranked

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Good for you -- that's the first chapter. You're becoming famous for your long-winded chapters. Keep up the good work with your excuses. I'm not referring to one game. Let's see what Dak can do in the year to come before getting quite so optimistic. I'll be glad to see him rebound if he's got it in him.

Well you actually did exactly that when you trotted out the Thanksgiving Day game.. I am also anxious to see what Dak can do in a year when he's NOT coming off a serious injury and will have spent all offseason honing his craft and not rehabbing. Should be fun..

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Well you actually did exactly that when you trotted out the Thanksgiving Day game.. I am also anxious to see what Dak can do in a year when he's NOT coming off a serious injury and will have spent all offseason honing his craft and not rehabbing. Should be fun..

Remain in touch with your wistful optimisms, if it suits your purposes despite Dak's inconsistencies. I'm not quite so inclined to be in denial of them. I'll certainly be hoping for his recovery in the season that remains to be played. He had sufficient time to recover from the injury that you found so devastating and yet his swoon persisted. I'll be hoping that he "hones his craft" as never before, in the meantime. I'm sincere in saying that.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I realize that the quote you used was not YOU trying to be right and that it was Todd Archer.. Sorry if you took it that way. However he's also wrong.

Phill Simms, drafted in 1979 by the Giants.. went to the Super Bowl in 1986.. Now again I'm no match whiz but that would actually make it year 8 for him not 7 as I previously posted. That bumps the count already up to 4 and I suspect if I dug deeper I could find more.. but what would be the point? When in reality I don't care about that sort of crap. In the early 90's people poo-pooed Emmitt's dominance early on because "no NFL leader rusher has ever won the Super Bowl.." And then Emmitt and Co won three.. then Davis won two and that stupid narrative went where it should always have remained.. in the crapper. Put the NFL's leading rusher on the best team and the NFL's leading rusher can win a championship very easily. Same is QBs past year 6.. put them on the great teams and they can also get it done. Trying to pass this nonsense off about "QBs after year 6 not with their first team?" as some sort of "rule" is what I take exception to. That crap aint got nothin to do with nothin. A guy can either play or he can't and nothing that has gone on in the past will determine that. Only the future. I have stated repeatedly that Dak is NOT a great QB.. He is a good one.. I think he's got work to do to be great.. but I'm not interested in these idiotic proclamations that he can't get any better.. especially given the long list of QBs I just found who got their teams to the Super Bowl for the first time waaaay past their 6th years in the league. The fact that so many of them did it with their second and third team should be seen as proof that maybe their original teams were stupid and maybe should have stood by the guy?

I like a lot of what you say but I just don’t get the anger about it or just getting fired up. I’m being pretty low key here, The stat has been used for awhile now. It just shows that it’s a rarity, whether you care or not. We both agree and have stated he’s good and not great. I also stated that the stat could be skewed by things…staleness, talent around etc. What I think it represents though is how hard it is to go through cycles with one QB. We had gun slinging/interception Tony, kind of bus driver/use the RBs Tony, please rescue us Tony to sad/hurt Tony. We are going on 7 years with Dak and have seen talent come and go. That’s rough. At some point you think it hits but it gets harder with pressure etc. That’s why I think guys find life elsewhere. I think Dak could win one on say Baltimore/Tenn or a place where they cherish D, running the ball and grinding possessions. I’m just not sure he’s built for our style long term…which I don’t see changing. That’s why I think that stat has legs…guys get run down in one system and in cycles so once you hit a time period the newness is gone

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
This should give all the Dallas Prescott fans something to look forward to when they're rooting for their new "favorite teams" in a few years when Dak becomes the back up there.
What's your favorite team Brokeback?
Probably Philly.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
No we support the Cowboys unlike you. Dak is the QB on this team, good QB, not elite but he is the QB of the Cowboys. So you come here and slam him at every turn, anything of positives you dismiss or spin it. Should Dak leave I can say 100% I would remain a Cowboys fans and endure the likes of Hutchinson, and Henson and Vinny because I am a Cowboys fan. I have been a fans since 1965 how about you? No your a fan as long as they win. Not much of a fan
the sad truth is that without Dak they would have nothing to post about, no where to point their hatred and anger. they would be lost. they need Dak more than they are willing to admit, specially when almost all they post, comment and say is exclusively Dak.

RaZon

Reaction score
Lol..i gave you Russ himself explaining his struggles , either you didnt read it. Or you just want to argue stats. You haven't grasp the concept yet that Russell Wilson struggled the last half of the season and through this season. Stop being dumb and go back and watch his games. Not post numbers.
Dak has the same numbers, yet he struggled the last half of the season. I just gave you everything you need to verify he struggled. What part of that you don't understand. Stop just looking at numbers.

Anytime anyone tries to debate/argue Dak vs Wilson it's just too silly for me to start looking for anything, here are two different levels and it;s totally obvious. Wilson among the elite, Dak maybe 10-12ish. If Wilson struggled putting up those great numbers, he needs to keep struggling, ha!!!!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Like I stated in my post, it's largely a matter of opinion. Carr made Dak look poor in their meeting this year and Tannehill is certainly nobody to laugh about, either. Maybe Dak will rebound in 2022 but right now, he doesn't look like a top 10 at all. (jmho) I'd like nothing better than to see that rebound happen, in all honesty. I believe Dak is overrated, at this point in time. His inconsistency says as much. Dak has much to prove in 2022.
:facepalm::huh:

the game went into overtime. we scored 33. the stat lines were

24-39 373 1TD
32-47 392 2 TD

I dare you without looking at the box score, tell me which one was Dak.

Dre11

Reaction score
Anytime anyone tries to debate/argue Dak vs Wilson it's just too silly for me to start looking for anything, here are two different levels and it;s totally obvious. Wilson among the elite, Dak maybe 10-12ish. If Wilson struggled putting up those great numbers, he needs to keep struggling, ha!!!!

Again, he struggled. He said it himself, nobody was comparing Dak. You went on that tantrum. I said Dak put up same numbers this year, but we all know he struggle the last half the season, just like Russ

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
ranked 9th but paid like he's elite. that's where the hate comes from.
why does the pay bother everyone so much? he and his agent maximized their opportunity. has nothing to do with football.
now, I am sure you will say the impact to the cap.

in 2021, he had 17M cap hit. in 2022, its 34M and being redone. yes, money gets pushed into future and there is dead cap money to deal with, just like everybody else.

and I ask you what I ask everybody else. if not Dak, then who? give me a viable option or solution, not Madden Football or Fantasy football trade.

Dre11

Reaction score
ranked 9th but paid like he's elite. that's where the hate comes from.

Which is the Market fault, if any of the elite qbs were up for a new contract, they're contract would make Dak contract look like a Bargain, that's how it works.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
I could careless about Jerry, I pull for this team before Jerry ever bought this team. You don't have to watch them, no one has a gun to your head. As for Dak, yes I expect him to continue to improve as a QB just as I expected growth from Romo

And I pulled for them before Jerry owned them, too. Congrats. As for Dak, you expect him to improve. I don't.

tcain2004

Reaction score
Which is the Market fault, if any of the elite qbs were up for a new contract, they're contract would make Dak contract look like a Bargain, that's how it works.

that's fine if they're elite. dak isn't, he's slightly above average.

willia451

Reaction score
God help us.
Why would he care? After 26 years, why would you? Because you think next season will be different?

Just stop beating up the Jones Boys. They aren't going anywhere. They own the team. And the generation after that. And the generation after that. Just troll and try to have fun with it. It's all that is left.