All BPA, per Ireland on the Ticket

Word Mofo

Reaction score
Jeff Ireland says we went best player available on every round on the first day, and will continue to do so on the second day. Maybe that explains some of our picks

Eddie

Reaction score
BPA with common sense should be the approach.

Pure linear thought without regard to impact is useless.

Drafting the BPA when we have a Pro Bowler in front of him and HUGE holes in other areas may NOT be the best approach. After the top 8-10 players, most of the next batch grade out very similar.

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
Word Mofo said:
Jeff Ireland says we went best player available on every round on the first day, and will continue to do so on the second day. Maybe that explains some of our picks

I think that Ireland should be tested for substances in his system... He is really smoked out in his head... So you telling me Hatcher was the best player availiable in the 3rd Round... and Fasano the best player in the second?

Only question I have is who's doing the smoking drugs in the Dallas Cowboys organization?

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I'm not talent evaluator or scout. So what do I know about whether this was a bad draft or not.

Again, we'll have to wait at least two years before we know the true draft grade.

Word Mofo

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not really buying the best player available thing. At least Jerry was trying to spin Pasano at TE as a need

InDakWeTrust

DezBRomo9
Reaction score
RealCowboyfan said:
I think that Ireland should be tested for substances in his system... He is really smoked out in his head... So you telling me Hatcher was the best player availiable in the 3rd Round... and Fasano the best player in the second?

Only question I have is who's doing the smoking drugs in the Dallas Cowboys organization?

To look at it with a half full attitude....Hasnt their been a run on TE's and DE's. Do you think a player of Fasano's quality would have been availible a round later?

Why has Watkins slipped onto the second day if he was such a true FS? Same with Simpson. Hell, we still could draft either on the second day.

Only time will tell.

Eskimo

Reaction score
tyke1doe said:
I'm not talent evaluator or scout. So what do I know about whether this was a bad draft or not.

Again, we'll have to wait at least two years before we know the true draft grade.

In principle, I agree with you. If Hatcher and Fasano are great players, all will be forgotten and Ireland will be hailed as a genius.

If they are only adequate players for where they were chosen, it was probably a big mistake because needs could have been addressed.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Hold on. That would be drafting for need which pissed us off forever. I think people need to just realize that the Cowboys do not follow all these draft guides. They have scouts and watch film and know everthing about every prospect. We fans have a few draft guides with info that could have been written 6 months ago. I trust the team and if Ireland says each pick was the BPA on the Cowboys board then thats good enough for me. If these guys don't work out and this happen for a few years, then Ireland and the scouts dhould be fired for putting together crappy draft boards. For now, I'm content with waiting to see how these guys pan out and who we get tomorrow.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
tyke1doe said:

One thing that we can say for certain at this point is that physically we're a much bigger team than two years ago. So far this year we seem to be drafting big intimidating types. Vintage Parcells.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Rick Gosselin, whose Top 100 rankings have been BY FAR the most accurate each season, ranked Carpenter 18th overall, Fasano 54th overall and Hatcher 88th overall. We took Carpenter 18th, Fasano 53rd and Hatcher 92nd -- almost exactly where they should have gone.

X-Dawg

Benched
Reaction score
AdamJT13 said:
Rick Gosselin, whose Top 100 rankings have been BY FAR the most accurate each season, ranked Carpenter 18th overall, Fasano 54th overall and Hatcher 88th overall. We took Carpenter 18th, Fasano 53rd and Hatcher 92nd -- almost exactly where they should have gone.
So basically Jerry Cut Rick's Saturday morning Mock draft out and brought it to the draft room .

Scotman

Reaction score
Most people graded JuJo's draft as genius at the time. Look what that got us. Some players and some remaining potential, but not the coup many thought it was.

This draft may still be a good thing. I like the two TE set. I think Ellis' days are growing short so a big DE makes sense. He may even be a possible trade bait to take our newly acquired late fourth round pick and move up to the top of round four.

Who knows? I surely don't.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
RealCowboyfan said:
You must have missed JJ on the ticket or his press conference. He explained everything perfectly.

neosapien23

Reaction score
AdamJT13 said:

Thanks man. You made me feel alot better.

Eddie

Reaction score
tyke1doe said:

One thing I know for certain ... when we throw sentences like "we need to wait 2 or more years to truly evaluate this draft" ... that's when I know we things up royally.

If we truly had a top notch draft like last year ... we KNOW it IMMEDIATELY!!!!

JPM

Reaction score
joshjwc9 said:
Why has Watkins slipped onto the second day if he was such a true FS? Same with Simpson. Hell, we still could draft either on the second day.

Thank you !!

dstew60105

Reaction score
AdamJT13 said:

He was pretty right on with the Cowboys picks.

X-Dawg

Benched
Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
You must have missed JJ on the ticket or his press conference. He explained everything perfectly.
:laugh2: :laugh2: Everyone read that and roll it round your head for a moment.

JPM

Reaction score
Eddie said:
One thing I know for certain ... when we throw sentences like "we need to wait 2 or more years to truly evaluate this draft" ... that's when I know we things up royally.

If we truly had a top notch draft like last year ... we KNOW it IMMEDIATELY!!!!

You mean like Bradie James ?