All BPA, per Ireland on the Ticket

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
AdamJT13 said:
Rick Gosselin, whose Top 100 rankings have been BY FAR the most accurate each season, ranked Carpenter 18th overall, Fasano 54th overall and Hatcher 88th overall. We took Carpenter 18th, Fasano 53rd and Hatcher 92nd -- almost exactly where they should have gone.

All due respect - his list ranks players on projected talent based on what scouts say.

Just because they are there on his list doesn't mean that they should have been taken by us.

ravidubey

Reaction score
Both Gilles and Simpson are still available heading into the 4th round. The Boys will probably have to trade up to get one of them, though.

Eddie

Reaction score
JPM said:
You mean like Bradie James ?

Bradie James was a fourth rounder. He's not the beast everyone wants to believe he is.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
Carpenter was a good pick so I won't complain. I wanted Lawson and am convinced that the Parcells / Sexton incestuous relationship was the deciding factor. That and the fact that Parcells knows his Daddy.

I have no real problem with the Hatcher pick. We need guys to rotate in at the DE spots and give us depth should someone go down.

But how do they figure a TE with a bad back is a good second round pick. Three years tops and the third one will be on IR...just watch. This guy has a plate in his back for crying out loud; he is going to be Jacob Rogers all over again. BPA my ***

Natedawg44

Reaction score
I totally agree jack no way he was BPA he was a through and through Parcells pick. New Jersey guy, Italian TE, I'm surprized we didn't take him at 18.

X-Dawg

Benched
Reaction score
Natedawg44 said:
I totally agree jack no way he was BPA he was a through and through Parcells pick. New Jersey guy, Italian TE, I'm surprized we didn't take him at 18.
Both Parcells' parents were Irish....so what does him being Italian have to do with it?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
JackMagist said:
But how do they figure a TE with a bad back is a good second round pick. Three years tops and the third one will be on IR...just watch.
We are going with a 2 TE set on offense. We needed another pas catching/blocking TE and he was the best at both according to Ireland.

Tristan

Reaction score
When your offensive line has been preventing your QB from getting the ball to your receivers, and your offensive line has allowed people to slam your RB right after he gets the hand off, and you have three first round caliber DE's and a pro bowl TE, YOU MAKE OFFENSIVE LINE A HIGH PRIORITY!

Get the dang TE and developmental DE later!

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Yeah I remember when we were stoked the day we picked Derek Ross and Antonio Bryant. You would think some people would learn.

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
Spin it, package it call it the BPA, there is something really fishy with our picks this year...

Last year the Cowboys was seen to be one of the best drafts rated by everyone. 2006 draft just make everyone scratch there heads, its either a HERO or ZERO.

Look what who was drafted by Denver, New England, Tenn, Philly the NY Jets Even SD then compare them to Dallas????????

I'd give a second round pick for Jevon Walker in a Heart beat. instead we got another value pick at TE.

Natedawg44

Reaction score
All this means is we will probably see my main man Lynn Scott again sometime next year.

Reaction score
Crown Royal said:
All due respect - his list ranks players on projected talent based on what scouts say.

Just because they are there on his list doesn't mean that they should have been taken by us.

Actually, if the philosophy is strictly BPA, then that is exactly what it means,,, assuming there are no sliding players to consider(and if they're sliding, there may be a good reason).

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bigdog24 said:
I'd give a second round pick for Jevon Walker in a Heart beat. instead we got another value pick at TE.
We are going with a 2 TE set on offense. Why spend a #2 on Walker when we need a pass catching/blocking TE? Walker would have been a better player for us if we were going with a 3 WR set. Overall Walker is probably going to get better numbers than Fasano. But for our situation, Fasano is the better player. </spin>

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
VTEXPRESS said:
Because they didn't take the players you wanted?

No because it was full of value picks

I could have six pack of Budweiser but lets take a twelve pack of Plan label instead....

sago1

Reaction score
Well if Jerry cut out Gosselin's list and brought it along, he should have read the part where Gosselin ranked FS Calvin Lowry as 82 best player in top 100, several players above Hatcher. Lowry was described as just the kind of FS we need playing beside Roy Williams. I recognize both Fasano and Hatcher are pretty good players (and not lousy players are some on the board seem to think). My problem is we passed over players like Lowry that Gosselin rated higher then those we took and the passed over players were at positions we need. That's my gripe with last 2 picks.

VTEXPRESS

Reaction score
Tristan said:
When your offensive line has been preventing your QB from getting the ball to your receivers, and your offensive line has allowed people to slam your RB right after he gets the hand off, and you have three first round caliber DE's and a pro bowl TE, YOU MAKE OFFENSIVE LINE A HIGH PRIORITY!

Get the dang TE and developmental DE later!
So you don't think a healthy Rivera and the FA pickups, will help solve that?

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
sago1 said:
Well if Jerry cut out Gosselin's list and brought it along, he should have read the part where Gosselin ranked FS Calvin Lowry as 82 best player in top 100, several players above Hatcher. Lowry was described as just the kind of FS we need playing beside Roy Williams. I recognize both Fasano and Hatcher are pretty good players (and not lousy players are some on the board seem to think). My problem is we passed over players like Lowry that Gosselin rated higher then those we took and the passed over players were at positions we need. That's my gripe with last 2 picks.

So what you are saying is there are 3 FS on the board ranked in Gosselin's top 100 when we selected Hatcher, well IMO the logic would stand that there would be a good chance one would still be there in the next round.