All charges dropped vs Lucky Whitehead, warrant rescinded, cops had wrong guy

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
Keystone cops up in the front office. Embarrassing for Jason and Jerry. They have to do something or they risk losing the locker room.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I had a feeling Lucky was telling the truth when he said he had no idea what was going on and called it all fake. I feel bad for him the way he was dumped. Part of it is that all teams are now so hyper-sensitive to any potential crime, that they over-react, but only with bottom-rung players. Not stars.

I really don't know why the Cowboys didn't wait a day or two to get all the facts. Cowboys look stupid now for doing what they did. I was surprised they cut him so quick.

aikemirv

Reaction score
He wasn't cut for being arrested. He was cut for not informing the team and causing the team even more embarassment after the dognapping or whatever.

He may or may not be brought back, but it wont be anytime soon.

I would not necessarily inform my boss that I was charged with shoplifting if I was absolutely innocent either - that's embarrasing!

I would start my lawsuit against that police department for even bringing a charge! Search warrant for the guys Commander Paraphernalia and off we go !!!!

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
I would not necessarily inform my boss that I was charged with shoplifting if I was absolutely innocent either - that's embarrasing!

I would start my lawsuit against that police department for even bringing a charge!

Heck, I would sue to Dallas Cowboys for wrongful termination. There is some money to be made for sure

Reaction score
He wasn't cut for being arrested. He was cut for not informing the team and causing the team even more embarassment after the dognapping or whatever.

I thought I read his initial quotes that he had no idea there were charges against him, a looming court date he missed, etc. Not sure how he can inform the team of something he's not aware of. Just an all around odd situation.

jday

Reaction score
Un
th
th
th

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Sure..... bring him back..... so you can cut him again....
This is going to be a bad look for our 'Boys, who immediately cut Lucky when news of the (false) accusation against him broke. You can be sure the media is going to let the Cowboys have it, particularly in light of their unflinching stance that Elliott is innocent of multiple far more sinister crimes.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

I think that Stephen Jones said the team had had a lot of issues with Lucky, so it doesn't seem like they were happy with his behavior before this broke. Now, I doubt they would have cut him if this had not happened, but he was only a strike away from being made an example anyway.

aikemirv

Reaction score

I would start my lawsuit against that police department for even bringing a charge!
Heck, I would sue to Dallas Cowboys for wrongful termination. There is some money to be made for sure

I don't think you could win that one. The NFL fines and suspends without evidence....

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I would start my lawsuit against that police department for even bringing a charge! Search warrant for the guys Commander Paraphernalia and off we go !!!!
NFL is a different beast. Youre better off informing the team of every transgression vs being blindsided.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I doubt he would ever win a wrongful termination suit.

It is not like the Cowboys have not protected themselves by stating it was a decision made on the totality of his issues, not just this one. They can easily point to the continued distractions, his unavailability during the offseason, his behavior last season.

Virginia-Dave

Reaction score
The team finally makes the right decision, and it still turns out to be the wrong decision. I don't understand why they cut him so fast. I wasn't happy to see another player in the news for committing a crime, but the as the facts started coming out something seemed fishy about the story. He said he wasn't in VA when the crime happened, that would be very easy to confirm. Should have at least given him 24 hours for the truth to come out. Ugh. So ready for the season to start.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I don't think you could win that one. The NFL fines and suspends without evidence....
Very very true. Nobody should ever consider the NFL business to be "fair". If you expect that, you are probably a fan of the wrong sport.