All Day Game Thread

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
? A tipped Hail Mary? JM scored 12 points in the first 60 minutes of that game.
Daniels had 326 yards passing. He looked cool, calm and collected on that Hail Mary. He had to scramble around and extend the play and never panicked. He held the ball for darn near 10 seconds, moving around biding for time, then made a great heave despite bad ribs. Washington hit the Powerball with him.

MikeT22

Reaction score
I’ve said the same thing. They’d win more money if they won a ring. But for some reason they just don’t give a damn because they make money.
Jerry's ego and arrogance. He does have those rings thanks to Jimmy and just likes tinkering with his hobby, but the marketing and $$$ is the top priority. Cant wait til he's gone from the Cowboys.

MikeT22

Reaction score
Not at all. I’d do the same thing. Why would I change what I’m doing if I’m making billions and my team is worth 10 billion? I’m a fan so I don’t give a damn about how much money he makes but if it was my business I would.
I'd try to make money and try to win. One can actually do that while hiring a quality GM and HC. But Jerry's ego is too big to have someone else outside of the family run the show.

blueblood70

Reaction score
All I got to say is Washington is not that dominant everyone's overreacting they're not running away with this division that was dumb luck great for Noah brown I know we're never gonna hear the end of it that's lucky to win that game just luck head-to-head matchups are always gonna matter to me so bring it on...

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Give them credit. I do think they will be legit if they add pieces to the D.

But the schedule is about to be much tougher here soon. Steelers, Eagles, Dallas (division games are never easy). Heck, the Giants always give them a tough time too. Atlanta is near the end of the year.
I’m waiting to see how they win divisional games. That’s the key. I think Eagles are better sadly. But Eagles defense may make things hard for them.

JustChip

Reaction score
Holy ****, a miracle for the Commies…even if the blatant holding on the o-line wasn’t called.
They’ll not call a hold in that situation unless the o-lineman literally tackles the defender when he’s got a free run at the QB.

The problem was the Bears rushed 3 and let Daniels run around long enough for all the receivers get deep enough. This us how all defenses play it and it makes no sense to me. Rush 4, or even 5, and make the QB get rid of before the receivers can get deep enough.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
They’ll not call a hold in that situation unless the o-lineman literally tackles the defender when he’s got a free run at the QB.

The problem was the Bears rushed 3 and let Daniels run around long enough for all the receivers get deep enough. This us how all defenses play it and it makes no sense to me. Rush 4, or even 5, and make the QB get rid of before the receivers can get deep enough.
Someone less mobile id rush more. I think there the issue wasn’t how many they rushed the issue was the defenders weren’t in the end zone. It was a fluke. I’ve never seen a Hail Mary like that typically when you under throw it like that it’s game over. To tip it backwards into the hands of Noah Brown….aye when you are having a good year luck goes your way.

MikeT22

Reaction score
Give them credit. I do think they will be legit if they add pieces to the D.

But the schedule is about to be much tougher here soon. Steelers, Eagles, Dallas (division games are never easy). Heck, the Giants always give them a tough time too. Atlanta is near the end of the year.
Yeah, this is just year one with this new regime and they have already far exceeded expectations and changed the culture. I wouldn't expect them to go from the #2 draft spot to the SB this year, but right now they are tied for 2nd one game behind the Lions in the NFC.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I'd try to make money and try to win. One can actually do that while hiring a quality GM and HC. But Jerry's ego is too big to have someone else outside of the family run the show.
See this is where I get it. I don’t agree with it but I get it. If I owned my own team I’d be GM and owner too. That’s how I know nothing will ever change. In life you change what you are doing if things aren’t going well. In the 90s Jerry wanted to win because he had no rings so he was willing to do what it took. He’s in the hall of fame and he has rings. Only thing left is to make money for a oil salesman.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Realize some of this is facetious and it's coming from a sarcastic place

and I know there's probably more to it maybe the rest of the year unfold differently how did devante Adams amore Cooper and DeAndre Hopkins do the last couple of weeks I'd say they have 0 impact so far and maybe down the road they will but the overreaction for these players moving around which by the way did amari Cooper or devante Adams help the Raiders did amari Cooper do anything with the Browns I mean when he was here was he an impact player in the playoffs and DeAndre Hopkins was flat out released last year from the Cardinals they didn't even try to get a draft pick for the dude and everyone's acting like these are big moves they did nothing today matter of fact The Jets fire their coach and then make a big trade for devante Adams and have lost two games in a row nothing looks any different..

Isn't that what those around here want from our own team and act like it would just absolutely change the direction of our team and I'd say that typically it does not I know Mark Cooper instantly helped us in 2018 first of all he's not the same player anymore... And I'm sure everyone of them will have at least one good maybe 2 good games this year but impact player that would be why you make a trade like this for an impact and I don't see any impacts happening from any of the trades from the last month anybody wanna name any names from the last month before the trade deadline so far of any players that's absolutely made an impact?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yeah, this is just year one with this new regime and they have already far exceeded expectations and changed the culture. I wouldn't expect them to go from the #2 draft spot to the SB this year, but right now they are tied for 2nd one game behind the Lions in the NFC.
I would never say it’s better to lose but they needed to suck again to get another top pick next year. This is why I liked what Texans did traded for another first to pair with Stroud. Now it looks like a steal. Commanders need talent but you can’t buy winning. All of this winning will help build character.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Daniels had 326 yards passing. He looked cool, calm and collected on that Hail Mary. He had to scramble around and extend the play and never panicked. He held the ball for darn near 10 seconds, moving around biding for time, then made a great heave despite bad ribs. Washington hit the Powerball with him.
DQ is also lucky , he keeps winning. LOL