All I know is... The Cowboys can play with the Pats

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
up until now... No team can say that.

We took there best shot... was down by 14 and STILL were able to go ahead later

We can fix the way our last game ended if we play them again (in SB). I am sure of it.

Go ahead Pats... keep winning... I only want the game in Feb.

Did the Pats cover the spread against the skins?:laugh2:

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
I'm not sure of anything. Let's see how we do against the three division rivals coming up. I've seen too many Cowboy teams self destruct after the bye to get all cocky now.

The fact that the Commanders got their butts whooped more than we got our butts whooped isn't much to hang your hat on. The only thing that matters is they got an L.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
Although we always seem pretty cocky at this point in the year, I just feel a different 'aura' about this team. Seems this is a well coached ball club that will adjust to its weaknesses, not continue with the same conservative system that gets exploited every year after turkey day.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Re-watch that game though and you will see Randy Moss come within a whisker of 2 more TD catches in the 2nd half. I re-watched it a few days after the game and realized we were thoroughly dominated. Now, would Henry and Tank have made a difference? Who knows, but their defense throttled Romo and our offense as the 2nd half played out, so I don't know if those 2 players would have made that much difference.

I thought the '99 Rams and the '94 Niners were 2 of the best offenses I had ever seen, but this Pats offense makes it look like they are playing against college teams. It's unreal.

I'm as big a Cowboy fan as anyone, and have been since the Ice Bowl, but I don't look forward to a re-match with that bunch. It could be worse in a SB and that would be sickening to endure.

Aikbach

Reaction score
TheCount;1734076 said:
I'm not sure of anything. Let's see how we do against the three division rivals coming up. I've seen too many Cowboy teams self destruct after the bye to get all cocky now.

The fact that the Commanders got their butts whooped more than we got our butts whooped isn't much to hang your hat on. The only thing that matters is they got an L.
Dallas was in the game until 5 minutes left when they kicked a field goal and ended up being down by fourteen with 1:30 left later.
The last pat score was just garbage time stat padding.

Dallas penalties accounted for at least a ten point swing, Dallas may still have lost but it was hardly a butt kicking as it was a mistake fest.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
TheCount;1734076 said:

Not true. We were in the game. It was competitive. The Skins cant say as much. No team can say as much to date.

Our loss was different than the Skins loss.

CowboyBlog

Reaction score
Glad someone else said it.

We spotted them 14 points in the first few minutes and then led in the 3rd quarter. The stole a TD in garbage time to make is look worse than it was. If we played that game 10 times, we would win at least a few of those. The Commanders could play that game 100 times and never get a W.

The truth is that pats had to give us their best and the game wasn't decided until late.

I'm not sure I would bet the house on a single game against them, but I wasn't feeling as bad as the Commanders do after their pats game.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
YoMick;1734095 said:
Not true. We were in the game. It was competitive. The Skins cant say as much. No team can say as much to date.

Our loss was different than the Skins loss.

I do agree Romo and the Cowboys at least competed with them, after the first quarter. Ellis' sack and forced fumble kept us from getting blown out early. I thought we played scared in the first quarter of that game.

Reaction score
I don't care about the Superbowl right now, I do however have interest in the remaining schedule against some pretty good teams... The saying is "crawl before you walk", get it?

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
No two games are the same. You can say what you want, but there is no promise we don't get blown out in a rematch.

Maybe we win, but there's no point pretending it is the obvious conclusion that we would win a rematch. They are damn good and consistently so, we aren't so consistant.

hairic

Reaction score
The only difference in the Pats game was really the first 14 they put up.

After that, the game is simply divided into two sequences:

Dallas on a 24-7 run.
NE on a 27-3 run.

From there, you go to the bad calls (e.g. Watkins PI, instead of putting them on the 1, they lose 10 yards) and it's much more even.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
hairic;1734146 said:
The only difference in the Pats game was really the first 14 they put up.

After that, the game is simply divided into two sequences:

Dallas on a 24-7 run.
NE on a 27-3 run.

From there, you go to the bad calls (e.g. Watkins PI, instead of putting them on the 1, they lose 10 yards) and it's much more even.

You guys are playing fantasy football right now. This is ridiculous.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
TheCount;1734156 said:
You guys are playing fantasy football right now. This is ridiculous.

:laugh2:

I agree, Count.

The Boys got beat and handily. Yeah, we fought back, but that game was at no time in jeopardy for the Pats. They knew they could move the ball on us at will and could have scored more points.

We were just too young for an experienced team like the Pats.

Truth hurts, but the Cowboys weren't ready to beat the Pats that day.

Kilyin

Reaction score
CaptainAmerica;1734090 said:
Re-watch that game though and you will see Randy Moss come within a whisker of 2 more TD catches in the 2nd half.

Rewatch any Pats game this year. Moss gets away with alot of illegal contact and pushing off.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
CaptainAmerica;1734090 said:
Re-watch that game though and you will see Randy Moss come within a whisker of 2 more TD catches in the 2nd half.

That can go both ways. Rewatch that game and realize how close MBIII was to breaking that run where he danced through the end zone. It was literally their last guy that pushed him out of bounds. He gets past that or cuts to the middle and he's going the distance.

deepBLUE

Reaction score
don't forget.......we were only 1 td behind in the 4th qtr; and we were marching down the field to tie it up. great pass completion to t.o. at cheatriots 38 yard line.......nullified by illegal motion penalty. we overcame that; and continued to march: 4th & 1 run by barber nullified due to a holding penalty, after barber had already achieved the 1st down. punt.

my point? the 4th qtr. should have been a shoot-out, down to the last minute. 12 penalties; many at crucial times? clean it up, guys.........

sacowboysfan513

Reaction score
deepBLUE;1734343 said:
don't forget.......we were only 1 td behind in the 4th qtr; and we were marching down the field to tie it up. great pass completion to t.o. at cheatriots 38 yard line.......nullified by illegal motion penalty. we overcame that; and continued to march: 4th & 1 run by barber nullified due to a holding penalty, after barber had already achieved the 1st down. punt.

my point? the 4th qtr. should have been a shoot-out, down to the last minute. 12 penalties; many at crucial times? clean it up, guys.........

That hold was a killer.

deepBLUE

Reaction score
sacowboysfan513;1734348 said:
That hold was a killer.
take away that hold, or the illegal motion on that same drive........and we'd a had a shoot-out. those popcorn-eating puds would of had to earn that victory, in the 4th qtr.......

Silverstar

Reaction score
The great part, is that the Cowboys are 6-1 right now and still haven't played at full strength. Not to mention, that Garrett and Phillips have implemented new schemes, formations and terminology and that takes time for players to digest. The Pats may be rolling right now, but if we face them in Arizona I really like our chances. They are peaking right now and that's fine by me, because the Cowboys will be peaking when it matters most.

:starspin