All I know is... The Cowboys can play with the Pats

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Dallas is the only team thus far that has put up any kind of fight vs the Pats. We clearly made too many mistakes some unforced to challenge a team like the Pats. I do think this Cowboys team will improve as we go forward and hope for the chance of facing the Pats again.

dcowboysfan76

Reaction score
Doomsday101;1734993 said:
Dallas is the only team thus far that has put up any kind of fight vs the Pats. We clearly made too many mistakes some unforced to challenge a team like the Pats. I do think this Cowboys team will improve as we go forward and hope for the chance of facing the Pats again.

I agree........they put up a good fight, but just didn't have that extra....oomph!! I was not impressed at all with their defense, and IMO Peyton will shred them.........the score is going to be like 41-38

Doomsday101

Reaction score
dcowboysfan76;1734998 said:
I agree........they put up a good fight, but just didn't have that extra....oomph!! I was not impressed at all with their defense, and IMO Peyton will shred them.........the score is going to be like 41-38

I guess I feel different, I have seen several colt games this season and come away unimpressed by the Colts. I think the Pats are as good as they are showing everyone. Washington has a very good defense and just got kicked around like a step child as for the Pats D I think they are smart ball players who are very quick to the ball and I'm expecting they will blow out the Colts this weekend. I guess in the end I'm more impressed with the Cowboys offense than that of the colts.

dcowboysfan76

Reaction score
Doomsday101;1735009 said:
I guess I feel different, I have seen several colt games this season and come away unimpressed by the Colts. I think the Pats are as good as they are showing everyone. Washington has a very good defense and just got kicked around like a step child as for the Pats D I think they are smart ball players who are very quick to the ball and I'm expecting they will blow out the Colts this weekend. I guess in the end I'm more impressed with the Cowboys offense than that of the colts.

The difference between the Colts offense and ours is the chemistry Peyton has with his WR's.....I say this because Romo is just beginning to get chemistry with TO, Witten, but Glenn has been out, and you combine that with Romo being the new kid on the block......However, what makes our O more potent is the threat of the two-headed monster in Julius and Barber....I look forward to a "healthy" Cowboys team in the near future!!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
dcowboysfan76;1735025 said:
The difference between the Colts offense and ours is the chemistry Peyton has with his WR's.....I say this because Romo is just beginning to get chemistry with TO, Witten, but Glenn has been out, and you combine that with Romo being the new kid on the block......However, what makes our O more potent is the threat of the two-headed monster in Julius and Barber....I look forward to a "healthy" Cowboys team in the near future!!

I agree and think our offense will get better the longer this group is together. As for the Colts they look good but they don't look as dominate in their play as I'm seeing out of the Pats. Pats are driving the ball at will aginst everyone. I think some take what I say the wrong way like I'm some kind of fan of the Pats and that is far from the truth I'm no fan of theirs but I know what I'm seeing and that is outstanding football with few mistakes being made by them. To say anything else is just kidding myself.

dcowboysfan76

Reaction score
Doomsday101;1735034 said:
I agree and think our offense will get better the longer this group is together. As for the Colts they look good but they don't look as dominate in their play as I'm seeing out of the Pats. Pats are driving the ball at will aginst everyone. I think some take what I say the wrong way like I'm some kind of fan of the Pats and that is far from the truth I'm no fan of theirs but I know what I'm seeing and that is outstanding football with few mistakes being made by them. To say anything else is just kidding myself.

Nothing wrong with being truthful......They are a well coached disciplined team and that can't be argued.......The thing that I really liked the most is our team attitude after that loss...We as fans can only post our opinions after we see the game on tv, but the players know what they saw, and know what could've been.....Our players spoke truthfully about their impression of the Pats and how they felt they were a good team but not dominant......I hope they can grow on that, and become hungrier to get to that point

Doomsday101

Reaction score
dcowboysfan76;1735046 said:
Nothing wrong with being truthful......They are a well coached disciplined team and that can't be argued.......The thing that I really liked the most is our team attitude after that loss...We as fans can only post our opinions after we see the game on tv, but the players know what they saw, and know what could've been.....Our players spoke truthfully about their impression of the Pats and how they felt they were a good team but not dominant......I hope they can grow on that, and become hungrier to get to that point

I think we can beat them as well but to do so we can't go out and draw 12 flags and we can't fall behind by 14 at the get go like we did. Dallas impressed me in that game with how we continue to fight but when you are playing a team like NE you can't afford that many mistakes because they are not going to make many mistakes

dcowboysfan76

Reaction score
Doomsday101;1735061 said:
I think we can beat them as well but to do so we can't go out and draw 12 flags and we can't fall behind by 14 at the get go like we did. Dallas impressed me in that game with how we continue to fight but when you are playing a team like NE you can't afford that many mistakes because they are not going to make many mistakes

Exactly and it's not even the quantity of the penalties, but the timing of them were crucial....We were about to force them into a field goal on that pi call on Watkins against Moss.....The holding penalty after we went for it on 4th down just to name a few....I mean you can't have those kinds of calls and expect to win that kind of game....

Doomsday101

Reaction score
dcowboysfan76;1735071 said:
Exactly and it's not even the quantity of the penalties, but the timing of them were crucial....We were about to force them into a field goal on that pi call on Watkins against Moss.....The holding penalty after we went for it on 4th down just to name a few....I mean you can't have those kinds of calls and expect to win that kind of game....

Exactly. When you play the best you better play your best. I think Dallas did a lot of good things in that game but I know we can play better than we did. I hope the Cowboys get the chance to prove that.

Star-Fan

Old enough to remember the Ice Bowl, Young enough
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1735061 said:

I know it's fiction, but the first thing I thought of when I read this is Rocky 1 and Rocky 2.;)

scottsp

Reaction score
I would like to say Dallas can play with New England, but I'm not sure I believe that. Both teams were without key personnel. Based on what we saw, I'd still give the nod to the Pats and feel they would paste the Cowboys again on a neutral field.

I predicted a double-digit loss when they came in. Barring some unforseen injury, I'd expect the same.

Bizwah

Reaction score
I really think we can play with the Pats.

Remember, we only had three days to prepare. We had a very tough Monday night game. Now, that's not a good excuse, but it did affect us. And while both teams were missing personnel, I think Henry missing affects us greater than the Pats missing Maroney.

I feel our defense is better than theirs. Especially, when we have our full compliment of CBs.

If we get Glenn back healthy (probably won't happen), then I don't know how they'll stop us....they had a tough time stopping us last time. We stopped ourselves more than they did.

Now, I'm not saying we should kick their tails. I think it would take our best game to beat them. But we can do it.

And who among us doesn't want the shot to do it again?

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
YoMick;1734067 said:
up until now... No team can say that.

We took there best shot... was down by 14 and STILL were able to go ahead later

We can fix the way our last game ended if we play them again (in SB). I am sure of it.

Go ahead Pats... keep winning... I only want the game in Feb.

Did the Pats cover the spread against the skins?:laugh2:

we played with them for 35-ish minutes of a 60-minute game.

lame.

now if we were coached, disciplined & played as smart as the pats with a healthy team then we'd have a chance anytime we played them.

HogsRLegends

Reaction score
YoMick;1734067 said:

We can fix the way our last game ended if we play them again (in SB). I am sure of it.

Cleveland played them closer then you did.

Bizwah

Reaction score
HogsRLegends;1735806 said:
Cleveland played them closer then you did.

According to the final score yes.

But we had the lead on them late in the third quarter.

We were within seven midway through the fourth and we were driving to tie, when a stupid holding penalty negated a fourth-down conversion.

Our game was a lot closer for most of the game than the Browns. They got two junk TDs at the end of the game.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
YoMick;1734067 said:

Holla!!!:bicep::patriots::patriots::patriots:

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Bizwah;1735403 said:
I really think we can play with the Pats.

Remember, we only had three days to prepare. We had a very tough Monday night game. Now, that's not a good excuse, but it did affect us. And while both teams were missing personnel, I think Henry missing affects us greater than the Pats missing Maroney.

I feel our defense is better than theirs. Especially, when we have our full compliment of CBs.

If we get Glenn back healthy (probably won't happen), then I don't know how they'll stop us....they had a tough time stopping us last time. We stopped ourselves more than they did.

Now, I'm not saying we should kick their tails. I think it would take our best game to beat them. But we can do it.

And who among us doesn't want the shot to do it again?

definitely since they did their most damage through the air

dthahn

The Doctor Is IN!
Reaction score
If the Cowboys play the Pats in the Superbowl, the Cowboys WILL WIN!!!

BOOK IT!!

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
I think the Pats are about ten points better than the Boys and there is no shame in that, the Pats are a veteran team with three Super Bowls under there belts.

The only caveat would be a healthy or near healthy Terry Glenn and still than I think the Pats are a better team...not much better....but better.