CFZ All in- When your FO is more worried about the cap than winning a championship

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I knew what he didn’t mean right away. I didn’t expect them to go wild in free agency. He meant they would clear the cap space needed to improve now as opposed to worrying about dead money later on.

The question I have is why did he say that, only to do about the exact opposite? Are him and the kid not on the same page? If so, not good.

Another clue may be what Jerry said during that same interview….”we want to extend Dak but he has to work with us.” Meaning…they expect some sort of discount. Did they not even inquire? Doubtful. They probably spoke with France and were told to pound sand. That’s just France doing his job, it’s not about greedy Dak…and don’t discount that Dak may want to keep his own options open and stop taking blame for it all when management blames your contract for not being able to improve.

The inability to rework a deal with Dak may have changed some plans. Tough to say, we all are just guessing. Although if they need to pay him a top of the market deal to keep him, may as well make him assume the injury risk for this season.

I have a very tough time believing that they are going to let Prescott walk and essentially go into 5-6 win mode voluntarily.

The next move is probably very much tied to how Lance looks in preseason/camp. Further complicating that is even if that goes well, you’re asking him to learn yet another offense if they don’t retain McCarthy.

I think Prescott returns for another 3-4 years at a number slightly under the top paid QBs. Jerry will feel vindicated from the last round and Prescott can keep his endorsements and his home.
Because he’s an 80 year old Jerry Jones. Those that choose to get all bent out of shape over it are just not paying attention. Jerry’s been saying dumb stuff since he took over the team and now he’s in his 80’s. Get ready for more.

ArtClink

Reaction score
the-big-lebowski-thats-like-your-opinion-man.gif
I love when facts are cited and people call it my opinion lol.

Well it sounds like you're very happy with the past 29 seasons as long as we win a Wild Card game once every 10 or 15 years. That's a very low bar Joe.

ArtClink

Reaction score
I don’t like defending Jerry. He’s made a mess of the last 30 years but he didn’t say ”All In” the way you guys wanted him to. I mean come on Bob, it’s Jerry. What he did mean, and has failed to do, is go ”All In” on signing his free agents. Still have time before the season. So Jerry’s mismanaged the organization for sure as far as winning Super Bowls but to blatantly misquote him and what he meant, is disingenuous.
"All In" means all in so there is no other interpretation in this context. All in means spending in free agency and the successful teams (i.e., not us) spend money in free agency, many times in spite of the salary cap (see Rams last 3-4 years). "All in" to the fuhrer and son means a sound byte to pacify certain fans.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

Well it sounds like you're very happy with the past 29 seasons as long as we win a Wild Card game once every 10 or 15 years. That's a very low bar Joe.
You didn't present any facts, just hearsay. You can't tell us Jerry Jones' thoughts, motivation, or goals no matter how it looks. The pretense of knowing the operation of another's brain function is a lie. It's not admissible in a court of law and it shouldn't be allowed in a debate. It certainly shouldn't be called fact.

I called you out, so you accused me of lies as well. I don't like not having success in the playoffs any more than you do. Attacking me doesn't solve anything.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I think "ALL IN" in Jerrys mind, has an entirely different meaning and has NUTHIN to do with sports, unless u consider females and skirt chasing a sport.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
"All In" means all in so there is no other interpretation in this context. All in means spending in free agency and the successful teams (i.e., not us) spend money in free agency, many times in spite of the salary cap (see Rams last 3-4 years). "All in" to the fuhrer and son means a sound byte to pacify certain fans.
You don’t know Jerry at all do you.

ArtClink

Reaction score
You don’t know Jerry at all do you.
I know the most important thing about him as a fan and that’s he’s exclusively the reason we can’t win in the post season because he won’t hire real football people to run football operations. Mic drop …

fivetwos

Reaction score
I know the most important thing about him as a fan and that’s he’s exclusively the reason we can’t win in the post season because he won’t hire real football people to run football operations. Mic drop …
People chanting his name during TC as if he is some sort of hero tells his ego the team needs more of him, not less.

I really don’t know what those people are thinking, but some folks get all giddy over someone who has appeared on TV.

Jerry does indeed want to win, but he isn’t giving that part up and risk having someone else in that spotlight. This could actually get real ugly and could go on for a while longer than we all hope.

The whole front office setup is a sham on several levels and has no good reason to work out as structured, yet Jerry has the nerve to say things like “you ask what you did to deserve this.” Ha, right.

Maybe making a deal with God for SB30? Maybe publicly humiliating your wife? Intimidating media? How many other things we don’t know about? You’ve done plenty to deserve this and are taking the rest of us for the ride.

One day you’ll answer for it and those billions won’t be in your pocket at that point.

kskboys

Reaction score

Not "people", just a person!!!!

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Forget about the phrase "all in". That was just Jerry trying to mislead the fanbase.

The Cowboys did the whole "push your chips in" thing a few years ago. I believe its been pointed out here that Dallas spent far and away the most cash in the NFL at that time. They just spent it on the wrong players (Zeke) and pushed cap hits down the road until . . . . now. Other teams are going to go through this. Philly went through it last year. SF's time is next year. Dallas' time is now.

The whole "the cap is a myth" thing . . . is a myth.

With all that said, Bob is probably correct. Dallas knew that its window closed after last year. They should have got an RB and an LB for a better run last year. Not sure it would have made a difference but it wouldn't have hurt much either.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
If you knew my history, you’d know that I feel the same way. But you’re blinded by your agenda.