TE: Kellen Winslow Jr.
OL: Kyle Turley, Nate Newton, Mark Stepnowski,

DL: Warren Sapp, Lyle Azzado, Alonzo Spelman
LB: Lawrence Taylor, Hollywood Henderson

Feel free to help me out

Dawgs0916

Will the Thrill
Reaction score
Quincy wasn't really mental, he has a drug problem, theres a big difference. He never was some crazy psycho the way Leaf was. He really IMO handled the situation of being released and such pretty well if you take everything into consideration.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
daboysin06 said:
Quincy wasn't really mental, he has a drug problem, theres a big difference. He never was some crazy psycho the way Leaf was. He really IMO handled the situation of being released and such pretty well if you take everything into consideration.

True, I would remove Q and replace him with Jeff George.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Vinnie2u said:
QB: Todd Marinovich, Ryan Leaf, Quincy Carter
RB: Onterrio Smith
RB: Ricky Williams
WR: TO
WR:Randy Moss, David Boston
TE: Kellen Winslow Jr.
OL: Kyle Turley, Nate Newton, Mark Stepnowski,

DL: Warren Sapp, Lyle Azzado, Alonzo Spelman
LB: Lawrence Taylor, Hollywood Henderson

Feel free to help me out
RB Lawrance Phillips

2much2soon

Reaction score
Some of these guys were diagnosed or should of been, some were just mental on the field...

DL Dmetrius Underwood, Hacksaw Reynolds, Diron Talbert, John Matusak
RB Charles White, Duane Thomas
QB Clint Longley
OL Conrad Dobler
LB Dick Butkus, Ray Nitske, Ted Hendricks
WR Michael Westbrook, Ray Carruthers

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
If QC gets on the team, then Jerry has to be given an honorable mention award for selecting him in the SECOND round.

Dumb dumb dumb.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
daboysin06 said:
RB-Duane Thomas

Ah...someone knows their Cowboy history.

Although, I think in the end, Duane was probably an OK guy. I think he got a lot of bad advice...not the least of which came from Jim Brown who I always felt wanted Thomas to fail because of how often he was compared to Brown.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
Ah...someone knows their Cowboy history.

Although, I think in the end, Duane was probably an OK guy. I think he got a lot of bad advice...not the least of which came from Jim Brown who I always felt wanted Thomas to fail because of how often he was compared to Brown.
That is a very interesting theory. Never heard it before.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Hostile said:
That is a very interesting theory. Never heard it before.

That's because it's my theory.

I have several others if you'd like to hear them. :D

Actually, if you watch the replays of the interviews after the SuperBowl vs Miami, when Thomas is interviewed, Jim Brown is there speaking for him most of the time, etc.

I've always felt Brown had a hand in ruining the kid's career.

I didn't see Brown doing the kinds of things he was coaching Duane to do. Seems to me that Brown had a good, long career.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
That's because it's my theory.

I have several others if you'd like to hear them. :D

Actually, if you watch the replays of the interviews after the SuperBowl vs Miami, when Thomas is interviewed, Jim Brown is there speaking for him most of the time, etc.

I've always felt Brown had a hand in ruining the kid's career.

I didn't see Brown doing the kinds of things he was coaching Duane to do. Seems to me that Brown had a good, long career.
I remember the interviews.

Jim Brown was so scary. Even in those interviews I was just in awe. I never saw Duane as a puppet, even for Brown, but maybe he was.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Hostile said:
I remember the interviews.

Jim Brown was so scary. Even in those interviews I was just in awe. I never saw Duane as a puppet, even for Brown, but maybe he was.

I have that game on DVD, including the interviews and it's pretty awful to see how Brown spoke for him...and he does so in a way that is very insulting toward Thomas.

Dawgs0916

Will the Thrill
Reaction score
Have you guys read Duane Thomas's autobiography? Good stuff. I read there how Brown was a big time mentor of his, but I hadn't gotten the hint that maybe he wasn't too much of a positive influence. Thats a good theory Juke, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was true.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
I have that game on DVD, including the interviews and it's pretty awful to see how Brown spoke for him...and he does so in a way that is very insulting toward Thomas.
I agree, I felt like Brown sort of questioned his toughness and Thomas just sat there.