All Mental team

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
daboysin06 said:
That is weird haha, was it both the same year? And about the TD in Texas Stadium thing, its pretty weird, I mean we'd expect it to be one of the faces of the franchises to be the first to score in the stadium, but no it was good ole' Duane Thomas.

Nah. They were there a few years apart from eachother. And I think it was Hill, not Thomas, who ended up in Hawaii for the WFL.

Yeah. Good ole Duane.

Truly a shame.

Good to see that you have a good grip on Cowboy history. :)

Ring Leader

Reaction score
Ernie Holms - Steelers DL 1970s: Shot a gun at an in-flight helecopter. The bullet went through the pilots foot. Unfortunately, not a military setting.

Jack "Hacksaw" Reynolds: Rams LB 1970s: In college, cut a car in half with....you guessed it!

Terry Bradshaw: Hard to be chronically depressed with all the lucky breaks he got in those 70s Superbowls but he was. Chuck Noll made the country bumpkin his whipping boy.

Cowboys honorable mention:
Lance Rentzel
Raphiel Septien

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
My "Mental" MVP goes to Romanowski. Let's see

1. Fractures a player's orbital bone when he pulled of his helmet and beat him in the face. Oh yeah, this was during practice. It was his own teammate. The player was forced to retire.

2. Spits in a players mouth during the playoffs

3. Breaks Kerry Collins jaw due to an illegal and dirty hit IN A PRESEASON GAME

4. Escaped Drug Trafficking charges

5. Admits to taking steroids

Romo is the most underrated Mental player on that list.

Gibby!

Pom Pom Waving Shill
Reaction score
He also broke Meggetts fingers during a dogpile during the game. Just for the hell of it...

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Hollywood Henderson
Dmetrius Underwood
Alonzo Spellman
Rae Caruth
Ron Jaworski
OJ Simpson
Rafael Septien
Joe Theisman
TO
Conrad Dobler
Fred Smoot
Dwight Smith
LT

Richmond Cowboy

Reaction score
Referee for all mental bowl:

Dennis Hopper in 90's Nike commercials.
"Bad things man, bad things"

burmafrd

Reaction score
SOme so called experts here mocked me when I mentioned how good Duane Thomas was- but I don't mind, stupidity like that is kind of funny. He had it all physically- but he could not discipline himself to behave. The 71 season he was a machine- running, blocking, catching passes, he did it all as good as any cowboy RB in our history. A year later he was gone.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Did anyone mention DL Demetrius Underwood?

He had serious mental issues......with lot's of talent.

CooterBrown

Reaction score
I think you got it exactly right. Thomas would have shattered Brown's record.

ravidubey

Reaction score
QB: Quincy "Third Person, BiPolar" Carter
RB: Ricky Williams, Cecil Collins, Lawrence Phillips, Jamal Lewis
WR: Terrell Owens
WR: David Boston, Rae Carruth
TE: Kellen Winslow Jr.
OT: Ross Verba, Kyle Turley
OG: Tony Mandarich, Nate Newton
C: Barret Robbins

DL: Alonzo Spellman, Demetrius Underwood, Warren Sapp, Lyle Alzado
LB: Romo, Ray Lewis, Leonard Little, Hollywood Henderson, Lawrence Taylor,

Head Coach: Jerry Glanville
DC: Buddy Ryan
Owner: Daniel Snyder
[EDIT]
added Romanowski

Doomsday101

Reaction score
ravidubey said:
QB: Quincy "Third Person, BiPolar" Carter
RB: Ricky Williams, Cecil Collins, Lawrence Phillips, Jamal Lewis
WR: Terrell Owens
WR: David Boston, Rae Carruth
TE: Kellen Winslow Jr.
OT: Ross Verba, Kyle Turley
OG: Tony Mandarich, Nate Newton
C: Barret Robbins

DL: Alonzo Spellman, Demetrius Underwood, Warren Sapp, Lyle Alzado
LB: Ray Lewis, Leonard Little, Hollywood Henderson, Lawrence Taylor,

Head Coach: Jerry Glanville
DC: Buddy Ryan
Owner: Daniel Snyder

You may want to add Bill (The Juice) Romonoski

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
Well I don't think Step belongs on the list. he simply has an opinion that weed should be legalized and is working within an organization to see if they can bring about reform of the laws. He has never caused problems for anyone or for the team that I am aware of. He has an opinion that many Americans (myself included) quitely agree with...he just feels more strongly about it and is more outspoken about it.

And as for Kickers...Raphael Septein...child molesters have to me mental cases IMO.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
Tom Brookshire after the 95 yard rushing performance in the SB, asks Thomas "Are you really that fast?"

"Evidently"

Yep, he was bright.

The roll call deal was simple. He felt it was stupid to have to say "here" when his name was called by a coach who could plainly see that he was there.

The guy was a super talent. I don't know how much you saw of him. I have some DVD's of old games. He would just glide through defenses.

He was a 220 lb RB 35 years ago. A physical freak. And he was fast.

Funny how it changed our history... Dorsett would likely never been drafted by Dallas had Thomas had his head on straight...

Doomsday101

Reaction score
trickblue said:
Funny how it changed our history... Dorsett would likely never been drafted by Dallas had Thomas had his head on straight...

The trade with the seahawks to get Dorsett was a blessing for the Cowboys. I'm sure the seahags still cringe at the thought of losing out on TD.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Now - Sebastian JaniCOWski

Then - Rafeal Septien :mad:

RedLine

Reaction score
Dobler,Conrad4.jpg

Conrad Dobler – “A filthy player. Used to tape metal strips to his calves so his leg whip could do more damage. Put a lot of people out that way.” - Dr. Z

ESPN Dirtiest Pro Players

6. Conrad Dobler (79 letters)
Conrad Dobler was a pit bull without a leash on the field. He didn't care who he hurt, how he hurt, and who saw him hurt. He even went as far to write a book called "They Call Me Dirty" to proclaim he didn't have a care about anyone's health.

I'm from Buffalo and even I hated the guy, but I was glad he was with us and not against us.

Paul
Orchard Park, N.Y.

Even his teammates kept their distance from in games. He radiated meanness.

Jamie Jacoby
Coleman, Texas

"When I hit a guy," Conrad Dobler liked to say, "I'll hit him in the throat. He doesn't have any pads on his throat." http://www.villagevoice.com/news/9944,stravinsky,9672,3.html

What do you think? Can we add Conrad as one of our OGs?

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
The trade with the seahawks to get Dorsett was a blessing for the Cowboys. I'm sure the seahags still cringe at the thought of losing out on TD.

The two number one's for Galloway probably soothed them...Alexander was one of those picks.

:bang2:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Juke99 said:
The two number one's for Galloway probably soothed them...Alexander was one of those picks.

:bang2:

True and Robinson was the other and while Alexander has done great Robinson has not lived up to his billing