All of a sudden it's the front office's fault

kskboys

Reaction score
Lamb was too good to pass up. Maybe they could have traded down, but at that point he was a clear steal. This was a good draft for 2nd and 3rd round players. Who knows what a trade down would have yielded, but maybe no one wanted to trade up for Lamb.
Of course. However, the bottom line is that we do too much not passing up and it leads to the worst D in the NFL.

Creeper

Reaction score
Of course. However, the bottom line is that we do too much not passing up and it leads to the worst D in the NFL.

There wasn't much to choose from on defense by the tie Dallas picked. I would not have taken Chaisson there. Patrick Queen and Ken Murray were available but I don't see how they could help.

Mannix

Reaction score
------It seemed like everyone here was excited about the hire of Mike McCarthy.

Um...no

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
It seemed like everyone here was excited about the hire of Mike McCarthy.

It seemed like everyone here loved the drafted players.

It seemed like everyone liked the free agency signings of McCoy, Poe, Aldon Smith, and Griffen. Even Ha Ha Clinton Dix and the new Swing Tackle.

Yet, here we are at 1-3 (should be 0-4) after some really ugly performances through 4 weeks.

This falls all on Mike McCarthy because he's the Head Coach. He is responsible for getting this team ready to play each week. And the 1-3 record indicates he isn't doing a good job at it so far. In fact, it indicates he's been terrible as a Head Coach.

He inherited a competitive team and the off season moves that were made were applauded by this board and even the media. But now it's the front office's fault.

Give me a break.

First, most of us were way more excited to see Garrett depart than McCarthy arrive.

Second, we liked SOME of the drafted players, others? Well, it was wait and see. And what we're seeing right now isn't great. But we can't abandon them yet, because it's a season without much of an offseason, and they're young. We are going to have to practice some patience.

Now, is this early season debacle the Front Office's fault? Until JJ dies, it will always be the FO's fault. :eek: But The Zone does like to spread the blame to the HC, the coordinators, Dak, Zeke, Jaylon, the entire secondary, the offensive line, Amari, and more. Hec, sometimes we blame the position coaches too. We go all in around here with our blame. :p Gallup is about the only player we never really complain about. Hard to find any Gallup haters around here, no want wants to trade him for draft picks :cool:....making it quite impressive that we have an actual consensus in The Zone.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Cool.

Who hired him?
There you go!
and I wasnt thrilled they hired mike, I was just excited someone besides JG would be HC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The green bay teams always seemed competent and prepared, something I havent seen so far in his stay here.

Many said MM hiring nolan was a mistake, and I now think they were right.
All of MM staff are on mike, not on FO.
Except kellen who is on the jones boys.
Nolan has sucked, and kellen has sucked, and MM has had 2 in game blunders.

I have given up on Nolan and pretty much on kellen, but not Mike yet. I am going to wait longer , need to see what he does in face of
this adversity.

I think right now they are all to blame, so plenty of blame to go around, but lets wait till we either do or dont make playoffs to judge them .
either way jerry aint firing no one this season, so might as well accept that.
I am hoping mike can cut nolan, if the bad defense doesnt get better.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
People were much more excited about getting rid of Garrett than the arrival of McCarthy.

It could have been anyone.

What I DO know is that Jerry needed to get this hire right...and so far the results havent been great.
The Garrett idiots dont get it yet. I dont care about either guy to be honest but McCarthy is obviously better. Bet Daniel Jones would look better with MM coaching him too.

fansince68

Reaction score
Yeah I agree. If you want to fault the front office its for hiring McCarthy but this teams downfalls are on Mike. Sorry. I know its easier to blame Jerry but no one here had any issue with McCarthy even though the signs pointed to him being the issue in GB. And I haven't written him off but he has this team in this mess and he needs to get them out of it ASAP.
McCarthy's teams in GB usually beat us. They would always get us with that quick snap and too many men on the field crap, every single game.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
I don't know if you can blame the front office so much. If you look at the talent on defense alone, we're probably about as good as we were last year. We have had some significant injuries, but that can happen any season. Fans were a little too hyped over our offseason though. They made it seem like incredible improvements, but it was really just a wash. That being said, we shouldn't be this bad.

Here's who we lost on defense and who we replaced them with:

DL:

DE Robert Quinn - DE/OLB Aldon Smith
DE Michael Bennett - DE Everson Griffen
DT Maliek Collins - DT Gerald McCoy (injured/released)
DT Christian Covington - DT Dontari Poe

It's really a wash. Quinn was our biggest loss, but Smith has easily filled that hole. Losing McCoy does hurt, but we've had Hill step in and contribute more than last year. We also have Gregory coming back. You really can't say we've had a drop off in talent on DL.

LB:

No significant FA losses. The biggest issue here has been injuries to LVE and Lee. The talent has really stayed the same. The issue has been injuries and players not performing as expected.

DB:

CB Byron Jones - CB Trevon Diggs
S Jeff Heath - S HaHa Clinton Dix (released)

This is definitely a position you can argue has regressed. Jones was a proven star in this league. Diggs may prove to be better in the future, but a rookie can't match what Jones gave us. Also, HaHa didn't even make the team, so we basically lost Heath for nothing. But was Heath really that special that losing him would turn your defense historically bad? And yet again, like at DL and LB, injuries to Awuzie and Brown definitely made things worse.

Overall:

Heath was the only guy we lost who we didn't have a replacement for. We replaced Jones with someone not as good in Diggs. Everyone else was replaced with someone at least as good. And injuries to McCoy, LVE, Lee, Awuzie and Brown have hurt.

kskboys

Reaction score
There wasn't much to choose from on defense by the tie Dallas picked. I would not have taken Chaisson there. Patrick Queen and Ken Murray were available but I don't see how they could help.
Not the point. The point is that there's always a flashy toy. One time, fine. But, when we take Jaylon, Gregory, Connor Williams, Sean Lee, and even Vander Esch w/ his injury history, you're just not going to get better. You're way too focused on that one pick.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
This is kind of a dumb thread. It's ALWAYS the front office.. good or bad.. Drafting good or bad.. hiring coaches good or bad. The buck always stops with Jerry and that's just the way he likes it. I will never believe he is okay with losing because Jerry is a fan first and foremost. And fans hate seeing their favorite team lose.

Am I wrong guys?

kskboys

Reaction score
This is kind of a dumb thread. It's ALWAYS the front office.. good or bad.. Drafting good or bad.. hiring coaches good or bad. The buck always stops with Jerry and that's just the way he likes it. I will never believe he is okay with losing because Jerry is a fan first and foremost. And fans hate seeing their favorite team lose.

Am I wrong guys?
Yes, but since he continues to employ a GM who in his own words should've been fired already, winning is more obviously not at the top of his list.

ICP

Reaction score
The front office has been making stupid decisions for the past 20+ years. That includes hiring coaches, overpaying players that more often than not don't continue to ay at a high level, and making poor draft choices. So yeah as much as McCarthy might be to blame, Jerruh and his clown son to me are the real problem. You have a family trying to okay at being real football guys, they aren't.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Not the point. The point is that there's always a flashy toy. One time, fine. But, when we take Jaylon, Gregory, Connor Williams, Sean Lee, and even Vander Esch w/ his injury history, you're just not going to get better. You're way too focused on that one pick.

That injury history stuff is especially maddening. Vanderglass is showing early signs of being a constant injury problem. Jerry has a thing for those injury cases and drug cases, then we pay the price later when it doesn't work out well.:banghead:

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
@J12B I do not think it is McCarthy's fault either. I do not think it is the front office's fault either. The players just are not playing well. Who's fault is it that Zeke is fumbling? Who's fault is it that Lawrence can't sniff a sack? Who's fault is it that players can't tackle?

We have had injuries which hurt. They are not excuses just reality. Lost 60% of the OL from last year.

The defense playing this bad is a shock to most everyone. The players need to show up and man up.

We have a poll here where people predicted the Cowboy's 2020 record. If I remember correctly, many people predicted a good record. For the most part, they were not ripping the FO then.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

Am I wrong guys?

No, you're not wrong because the "front office" never changes in Dallas.

3c2xtf.jpg

Cmac

Reaction score
JJ obviously is sell Snake Oil.....this team still carries the curse of firing Jimmy Johnson. Thanks JJ for that.