Video: All of Dak's incompletions

khiladi

Reaction score
I don’t know the exact formula, but yes, I’d assume win probability goes up when the score is closer.

If you’re down 35 entering the 4th and you score 3 garbage-time TDs to make the score respectable, that’s factored in and is weighted much less than 3 TDs in a “normal” setting.

So basically, QBR is affected by stat padding, but we simply don’t know how much it affects it and is pretty much purely subjective.

Nav22

Reaction score
So basically, QBR is affected by stat padding, but we simply don’t know how much it affects it and is pretty much purely subjective.
Sure, dude. Whatever angle you feel like fits around your pre-determined inaccurate take better.

Dak didn’t “pad” anything and the game went down to the wire, but you do you.
:thumbup:

Reactions: CWR

khiladi

Reaction score
Sure, dude. Whatever angle you feel like fits around your pre-determined inaccurate take better.

Dak didn’t “pad” anything and the game went down to the wire, but you do you.

oh it went down to the wire based on quite a bunch of bogus PI calls on the last drive and a heavy dosage of Zeke and a bad throw by Darnold that went right into the hands of Lewis.. hardly Dak’s QBR at play though..

Nav22

Reaction score
oh it went down to the wire based on quite a bunch of bogus PI calls on the last drive and a heavy dosage of Zeke and a bad throw by Darnold that went right into the hands of Lewis.. hardly Dak’s QBR at play though..
Okay. Then since those plays didn’t affect Dak’s QBR, it shouldn’t matter.

Dak also dealt with negative plays on that final drive (holding plus a block in the back, on consecutive plays), but you conveniently left those out. I wonder why.

LOL at you counting literally everything BUT Dak’s good plays. The 28 completions and Rush TD had NOTHING to do with our comeback!

Reactions: CWR

pupulehaole

Reaction score
If you are blaming Dak for this loss then you need to actually start learning how the game of football works.....

khiladi

Reaction score
Okay. Then since those plays didn’t affect Dak’s QBR, it shouldn’t matter.

Dak also dealt with negative plays on that final drive (holding plus a block in the back, on consecutive plays), but you conveniently left those out. I wonder why.

Dak also had two picks dropped by the defenders.

Not sure what your point is. The fact is, Dak’s QBR was affected positively by garbage time.

Nav22

Reaction score

Not sure what your point is. The fact is, Dak’s QBR was affected positively by garbage time.
Do you know what “garbage time” is?

Doesn’t sound like it. There was no “garbage time” yesterday.

CB61

Reaction score
I saw Connor Williams play yesterday it's time for sua filo or looney

khiladi

Reaction score
Do you know what “garbage time” is?

Doesn’t sound like it. There was no “garbage time” yesterday.

You are the one quoting QBR formula. What defines win probability to value or not value a drive as ‘garbage’? Is a 18 point lead garbage time?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
That has always been my knock on JG's offense. They used a lot more crossing routes in the preseason and vs the Giants. Not sure why they have been slowly removed from the gameplan the last couple of weeks.
This is one reason we miss Beasley

Nav22

Reaction score
You are the one quoting QBR formula. What defines win probability to value or not value a drive as ‘garbage’? Is a 18 point lead garbage time?
Depends on how much time’s left in the game, of course.

An 18-point lead in the 2ND QUARTER isn’t garbage time, no matter how badly you want it to be.

khiladi

Reaction score
Depends on how much time’s left in the game, of course.

An 18-point lead in the 2ND QUARTER isn’t garbage time, no matter how badly you want it to be.

So you really have no clue about how it’s calculated on what the positive impacts are.. but you did admit that QBR is impacted positively by garbage time. I’m pretty sure you think a close to thirty point lead by GB going into the half wasn’t garbage time either..

Nav22

Reaction score
So you really have no clue about how it’s calculated on what the positive impacts are.. but you did admit that QBR is impacted positively by garbage time. I’m pretty sure you think a close to thirty point lead by GB going into the half wasn’t garbage time either..
What?

I pointed out that it’s weighted for “garbage time”, meaning what you do in garbage time counts LESS than what you do in non-garbage time.

You read what you chose to read in order to fit your pre-determined opinion.

Now, back to “garbage time.” Tell me that an 18-point lead in the 2nd quarter is “garbage time.” Go ahead. Expose yourself as a complete idiot who doesn’t know football.

khiladi

Reaction score
What?

I pointed out that it’s weighted for “garbage time”, meaning what you do in garbage time counts LESS than what you do in non-garbage time.

You read what you chose to read in order to fit your pre-determined opinion.

you pointed it out by trying to argue that Dak’s QBR being high isn’t influenced by garbage time to attest to his ‘greatness’, but the reality is, you have no clue how it’s weighted to judge the impact of it to say that it isn’t garbage time. Dak’s QBR was “high” in GB, wasn’t it?

the Jets were up 15 halfway until the third, meaning THREE scores and of not for a bad pass by Darnold, would have been up 20...

Last edited:

Nav22

Reaction score
you pointed it out by trying to argue that Dak’s QBR being high isn’t influenced by garbage time to attest to his ‘greatness’, but the reality is, you have no clue how it’s weighted to judge the impact of it to say that it isn’t garbage time. Dak’s QBR was “high” in GB, wasn’t it?
I don’t know the EXACT formula, but I know that it IS weighted to account for garbage time.

I can see that discussing this with you is a complete waste of time.

Dak’s #1 in QBR and that doesn’t mesh with your opinion of him. So now you’re on tilt trying to discredit QBR. It’s adorable!

No, Dak’s QBR vs the Packers was a terrible 27.1. Because he didn’t get going until the game was almost completely out of reach.

And despite that 27.1 QBR, he’s still #1 in the NFL through 6 weeks. Deal with it.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Not watching them so how did it look. How many catchable drops were there...

khiladi

Reaction score
I don’t know the EXACT formula, but I know that it IS weighted to account for garbage time.

I can see that discussing this with you is a complete waste of time.

Dak’s #1 in QBR and that doesn’t mesh with your opinion of him. So now you’re on tilt trying to discredit QBR. It’s adorable!

No, Dak’s QBR vs the Packers was a terrible 27.1. Because he didn’t get going until the game was almost completely out of reach.

And despite that 27.1 QBR, he’s still #1 in the NFL through 6 weeks. Deal with it.

You said it was weighted to try and refute the argument that Dak’s stat padding in garbage time doesn’t affect it. That is why you brought it up, as if to challenge my contention Dak QBR is over-hyped while to you it’s evidence he’s making magic happen all the time.

Other factors in Green Bay don’t just include garbage time, but the fact he threw THREE iNTERCEPTIONS as well.

So you have no idea how much it’s weighted.

Nav22

Reaction score
You said it was weighted to try and refute the argument that Dak’s stat padding in garbage time doesn’t affect it. That is why you brought it up, as if to challenge my contention Dak is making magic happen all the time.

Other factors in Green Bay don’t just include garbage time, but the fact he threw THREE iNTERCEPTIONS as well.

So you have no idea how much it’s weighted.
But we do know that it’s weighted. We may not know the exact formula or how they determine “win probability” on a given play, but we know that it’s an unbiased system that judges every QB equally. It wasn’t concocted by a Cowboys fan trying to make Dak look good.

We also know that Dak hasn’t played much of the season in “garbage time”, at least not more than other QBs.

Finally, we know that Dak’s QBR is #1 in the NFL.

If you’d like to educate yourself further, be my guest.

https://www.espn.com/blog/statsinfo...-calculated-we-explain-our-quarterback-rating

CWR

Reaction score

He also had a td called back.