All or Nothing Episode 1. Dez

blueblood70

Reaction score
Dez is gone can we move on..the contant Dez talk continuing, just means all these fans still wanting to talk Dez have secret man crush on him and want him back..If these cameras and all this SM hype would have been in the ;locker rooms of ALL our generations of teams it would be more horrifying.. the things they did back in the 70s/80s and especially the 90s would have gotten many Cowboys suspended or cut..these players are subjected to 24/7 media scrutiny and unfairly criticized..i can tell you this much Dez isn't the first and wont be the last WR complaining about not getting the ball and not being opened.. See TO, the outbursts by Irving back in the day, and the famous Keyshawn Johnson writing a book on not getting the damn ball!..it happens all around the league,just not everybody are followed around by cameras everywhere..its a blessing and a curse of being a Dallas Cowboy in this day and age..I see Rbs do it as well..OBJ antics are ridiculous.. dez isn't alone..

CPanther95

Reaction score
Biggest Dez revelation for me was the episode where they played the Commanders when the focus was on Dez vs Norman. I remember that game when the assumption was that he was screaming about only getting the ball a couple times. That helped feed the narrative that he's always demanding that Dak throw him more passes.

Turns out the yelling, and putting up two fingers, was him talking about the fact that the Commanders/Norman only had the balls to go man-to-man on Dez twice so far in that game. He was pumped up, not complaining.

My wife had a question about the show early on that I found funny when it stood out as I watched the rest of the episodes. She asked, "Why does Garrett spend so much time talking to nobody?"

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I see far more "meltdowns" on this site daily.
Create a thread about the forum fans. This one is in regard to Dez. If you're incapable of other opinions about Dez, I understand.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Biggest Dez revelation for me was the episode where they played the Commanders when the focus was on Dez vs Norman. I remember that game when the assumption was that he was screaming about only getting the ball a couple times. That helped feed the narrative that he's always demanding that Dak throw him more passes.

Turns out the yelling, and putting up two fingers, was him talking about the fact that the Commanders/Norman only had the balls to go man-to-man on Dez twice so far in that game. He was pumped up, not complaining.

My wife had a question about the show early on that I found funny when it stood out as I watched the rest of the episodes. She asked, "Why does Garrett spend so much time talking to nobody?"
That situation isn't related to all the other incidents he's created. I agree, he was talking about the coverage. In my opinion, the real problem is his lack of production that he has control of. Not a bad pass etc.., but the Skins game where Dak (contrary to what many suggest) threw a perfect pass into the end-zone and it went right off his hands. So while I don't have an issue with Dez talking things up like the defense is respecting him, you have to at the very least walk the walk.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Create a thread about the forum fans. This one is in regard to Dez. If you're incapable of other opinions about Dez, I understand.

If I see a meltdown from Dez, I will say it. Being passionate and wearing it on his sleeve does not make a meltdown to me. His personality is about 180 degrees from mine , but that doesn't make it wrong.

It's better than Garrett and his mindless stare after the Tyreek Hill play. He was like a robot, "ERROR. ERROR. DOES NOT COMPUTE."

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Welp, we got absolutely dominated that game. 42-17.

I know a lot of us don't want to believe it, myself included, but I think Dez was a rough person to deal with behind the scenes.

Did this rub any of you the wrong way?

Absolutely. But was it unexpected? No. Half of the reason I think some of us are watching is waiting for those Dez moments.

I will say this: I think this series may actually hurt Dez even more in terms of finding a suiter.

Aven8

Reaction score
He was an entitled jerk and if he were catching 16 TDs he could justify it. He couldn't so the team moved on.

Dude needs to go to a therapist. He is not taking his eroding skills well at all and the athletic decline after age 28 is a reality he cannot escape.

After seeing the first episode just last night, I was embarrassed actually. And the most embarrassing thing to me is acting like that and then failing on the field. Dooley was right, Denver had an awesome defense and they proved it that day. If I were Dooley I would have walked up to Dez after the game and say what were you whining about again in the meeting?!?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
If I see a meltdown from Dez, I will say it. Being passionate and wearing it on his sleeve does not make a meltdown to me. His personality is about 180 degrees from mine , but that doesn't make it wrong.

It's better than Garrett and his mindless stare after the Tyreek Hill play. He was like a robot, "ERROR. ERROR. DOES NOT COMPUTE."
I choose to not make excuses for Dez and try to divert the topic to other areas as you continue to do.
Meltdowns, lack of focus, poor decision making, poor attitude toward the team and staff, whining, complaining on social media, poor execution, being a distraction etc....
All of these things collectively are why in the middle of last season I had enough of Dez and felt the team needed a change.
Turns out the FO and staff agreed.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Absolutely. But was it unexpected? No. Half of the reason I think some of us are watching is waiting for those Dez moments.

I will say this: I think this series may actually hurt Dez even more in terms of finding a suiter.
After watching this series, it made me ponder the question of- Was this reality show a distraction for the franchise over all? I mean it had to have had some effect with all the cameras and coverage. It was a great picture of what many fans haven't seen, but could it have been at some cost? Hell, there were so many obstacles, pressures and distractions without the show.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Watching the all or nothing honestly shows me how country club the coaching staff is. I get it they are men but it seems like guys just get a pass. I saw jason get tough with the scout team defense though. lol.
That was funny. Talking about throwing up a sub, lol

Lutonio

Reaction score
Dez is only at the beginning of his decline. Can you imagine what it will be like once he's in the real free fall? That's what the front office avoided.

Verdict

Reaction score
I saw that. He's so wound up that I wonder if he realizes that it's disrespectful. I don't think he meant to be. I think stuff gets into his head too easy, even a rookie cornerback who he had just beaten in a "fun" competition. I wouldn't use the word cancer for Dez, but maybe he's a little too self-centered.

There are different types of cancer but all of them eventually kill you. Dez is a cancer.

Verdict

Reaction score
I still feel that there is very little difference, both in football skills & personality, between Dez and Irvin. If roles were reversed, we'd all be talking about Irvin being released because of his lack of production and his immature ways. As a few have noted earlier, there's no way that Dez is not on this team if Jimmy was the coach. Unless of injuries, mental breakdowns, etc.. :p Other than Garrett's blatant attempt to be a hard-butt, w/ his potty mouth, he is an extreme pushover and coddler. All that equals to a soft football team and an 8-8 record no matter the talent level.

If jimmy was the coach Dez may not have received his second contract.

Dre11

Reaction score
He bothered me for all 8 episodes. Dez has been one of my favorites since he was drafted, but after watching that series it's no wonder they walked away.

Then you had a predetermined mindset from the beginning.