All or Nothing solidified Garrett as a Poser for me

jwitten82

Reaction score
People keep saying they think the players agree with their half-assed assessments of Jason Garrett, but over and over and over again, when we hear it directly from the players themselves, the exact opposite is proven to be true.

We just heard it again recently from Orlando Scandrick on Cowherd. And from Demarcus Ware in the AMA he did that’s quoted in my sig.
Lol but players speak down on Garrett, like TO or Dez. We just brush them off as holding a grudge, right? Only believe the good things

cern

Reaction score
Garrett doesn't seem the same since JJ made that comment about the coaching staff. He seems to be a little pissed off on the sidelines lately. Maybe losing is adding to that attitude.
I would describe his look as more worried. and constipated. it sucks when the only future you are able to see is your own demise.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I always had doubts about JG's ability to be a decent Head Coach but the thing that really solidified it was watching him behind the scenes in All or Nothing on Amazon a couple of years ago.
It was cringe-worthy watching him in meetings with the team.
He would feel the need to drop F-bombs constantly to I guess show the team that he was a tough guy and a real bad ***.
When in reality, everyone knows he is not, but watching him try to come across as such was so nauseating.

I know it, but I have a feeling that the players can sense it too that he was trying to be something he isn't.
:hammer:

Praxit

Reaction score
..you ever seen Joel Osteen have a bad day. Thats Garrett for you.. ;)....

shabazz

Reaction score
It didn't help that he had to follow Bruce Arians in the previous season.

You don't get more "real" than Arians.

No doubt, Arians has clearly reached Kellerman status

maxresdefault.webp

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
According to several players, he didn't know. They snuck him through the locker room.

I don't know how they feel about him and don't really consider what they say because a lot of that is what they're supposed to say.
The fact that they snuck him out there is the problem.

I'd be less critical of him allowing it (though I'd disagree) with the rationale that the players wanted to be supportive...but to have no clue is baffling.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
All or Nothing showed me nothing. It gave me a preview of the Country-Club lifestyle that these players live in. Maybe that's why so many retired players/ex- Cowboys players loved it (besides JG). You get away with anything and everything. Everyone and everything is so relaxed, unlike a real football locker room. You're essentially getting paid millions to workout every day and lose games every Sunday. What a great team :facepalm:.

They lose games every Sunday? Explain.

khiladi

Reaction score
Players love and loved playing for Wade. They say it all the time.

Garrett lackeys:

“what do you expect? They wouldn’t diss their HC.”

team is collapsing with Garrett.

“Ask the players under Garrett. They say they love their coach.”

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
They lose games every Sunday? Explain.

They lose actual games. The Giants, Commanders, Dolphins, and even the Eagles are barely counted as true "games" as those teams are bottom feeders. So, in actuality, they have lost every Sunday in real football games.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
They lose actual games. The Giants, Commanders, Dolphins, and even the Eagles are barely counted as true "games" as those teams are bottom feeders. So, in actuality, they have lost every Sunday in real football games.

Ok good. Just making sure you were being your over dramatic self still. Carry on.

Nav22

Reaction score
watch all or nothing, watch hard knocks ... those are better insights to this loser than his robotic press conferences
I saw them both.

You’re contradicting what the OP is implying anyways.

If those shows are “better insights” to Garrett than his press conferences are... then why should I believe that his press conferences are “the REAL Garrett” and that he’s being phony in other settings?

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Ok good. Just making sure you were being your over dramatic self still. Carry on.
I'm being overdramatic when in actuality, I am rarely wrong. I think you are being more overdramatic than I by calling me out at every chance you get to say how wrong and overdramatic I am. Maybe the dramaticness would stop if they Cowboys themselves weren't such a soap opera.

CPanther95

Reaction score
I saw them both.

You’re contradicting what the OP is implying anyways.

If those shows are “better insights” to Garrett than his press conferences are... then why should I believe that his press conferences are “the REAL Garrett” and that he’s being phony in other settings?

It's not about deciding which Garrett is "real", All or Nothing vs Press Conference. Just watching All or Nothing, it was apparent that one was fake.

Nobody outside the loop knows what the real Garrett may actually be like, we just know that ain't it.

Nav22

Reaction score
It's not about deciding which Garrett is "real", All or Nothing vs Press Conference.

Just watching All or Nothing, it was apparent that one was fake.
LOL so then Garrett’s “fake” in every setting you’ve ever seen him in?

Um, okay.

I saw the show too and I didn’t think he came off as fake. That’s just me.

He’s a phony robot in pressers, so it’s hilarious that people think THAT is the real Garrett just because that’s the only Garrett they’ve been able to experience.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
I always had doubts about JG's ability to be a decent Head Coach but the thing that really solidified it was watching him behind the scenes in All or Nothing on Amazon a couple of years ago.
It was cringe-worthy watching him in meetings with the team.
He would feel the need to drop F-bombs constantly to I guess show the team that he was a tough guy and a real bad ***.
When in reality, everyone knows he is not, but watching him try to come across as such was so nauseating.
I know it, but I have a feeling that the players can sense it too that he was trying to be something he isn't.
Landry never had to drop f-bombs for players to know who was in charge.........but they knew.

CPanther95

Reaction score
LOL so then Garrett’s “fake” in every setting you’ve ever seen him in?

Um, okay.

No clue.

But I do know what we saw in All or Nothing was someone that was uncomfortably and unnaturally forcing a hard nose personna.

If that was genuine, he has some serious issues.

Nav22

Reaction score
No clue.

But I do know what we saw in All or Nothing was someone that was uncomfortably and unnaturally forcing a hard nose personna.

If that was genuine, he has some serious issues.
It only surprised you to see him cussing because you’re so used to the robotic pressers.

You thought you knew Garrett because you’ve seen these robotic pressers for 10 years.

I don’t believe he was being fake to the players, but that’s just me. Aside from the cussing, what did he say or do that set off an alarm for you?

CPanther95

Reaction score
It only surprised you to see him cussing because you’re so used to the robotic pressers.

You thought you knew Garrett because you’ve seen these robotic pressers for 10 years.

I don’t believe he was being fake to the players, but that’s just me. Aside from the cussing, what did he say or do that set off an alarm for you?

It's not the cussing, it's HOW he was cussing.

It isn't hard to spot bad acting.