All or Nothing solidified Garrett as a Poser for me

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
I wouldn't have to call you out on anything if you didn't spew fictional stories that help your agenda on bashing the Cowboys.

Bashing the Cowboys is my agenda? Just because I don’t agree with what you and a few others think? They deserve to be bashed! You don’t think the way they’ve been playing lately constitutes criticism?

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Bashing the Cowboys is my agenda? Just because I don’t agree with what you and a few others think? They deserve to be bashed! You don’t think the way they’ve been playing lately constitutes criticism?

You said they lose every Sunday. They don't. That's fiction you created. I asked you to explain that. You got mad. Here we are.

nobody

Reaction score
Sorry, but what you’re concluding here directly contradicts what Ware said. He explicitly says his knowledge of every area of the game is detailed. He explicitly said he’s a great coach. You can say there’s no argument to be had about that, but the reality is fans just have it generally wrong and don’t want to believe it.

And yet the overall results speak for themselves. Garrett isn't the answer and never will be, at least under Jerry's helm.

sean10mm

Reaction score
Really?

Demarcus Ware (on Jason Garrett): “I think he's a great coach. What a lot of people don't understand is he's a motivator. He'd give speeches before meetings and that's what coaches should do. He was a good delegator but he could go into any meeting room and know everything: what people are doing, what's going wrong and how to fix it. That's how you know he's a good coach.

Let's look at the part in bold, shall we? He's good at knowing everything? Romo said he wasn't an X's and O's kind of coach. And if he knows how to fix everything, why do the players and especially the coaches keep making the same mistakes over and over in games? That doesn't sound liking fixing anything to me.

Garrett could be a very good motivator to an extent. He could be hampered by Jerry's culture....but he's a terrible head coach (at least in the atmosphere that Jerry presents). There is no argument to be had about that. The results speak for themselves. It's time for change.

Ware was just being nice. He was never a guy to trash people in the media. He was always a class act. That doesn't mean any of that should be taken literally.

I mean, it's incredibly telling that the Cowboys let Ware go and he promptly won a ring in Denver while playing great in that Super Bowl playoff run.

nobody

Reaction score
Ware was just being nice. He was never a guy to trash people in the media. He was always a class act. That doesn't mean any of that should be taken literally.

I mean, it's incredibly telling that the Cowboys let Ware go and he promptly won a ring in Denver while playing great in that Super Bowl playoff run.

You don't have to tell me that. I'm not the one defending Garrett. I know he's not that good of a HC. Talk to Idgit. He's the one clinging to the absurd notion that Garrett is the answer to all ills

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I just read @Idgit sig quotes. Funny guy. And Dez was seduced by Garrett. He awoke after his release

links18

Reaction score
I posted back then that RB coach Gary Brown was way to chumsy with the players and got slammed here for it.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And yet the overall results speak for themselves. Garrett isn't the answer and never will be, at least under Jerry's helm.

You're making the mistake of thinking coaching is the only thing that gets good teams beat in the post-season.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
What was even more telling for me is how this team is ran like the small town local grocery store. Jerry, Stephen and another woman sitting around talking about this franchise like it is some small business. That let me know right there why things are the way they are. It's a family business and a charity case.

Dre11

Reaction score
I always had doubts about JG's ability to be a decent Head Coach but the thing that really solidified it was watching him behind the scenes in All or Nothing on Amazon a couple of years ago.
It was cringe-worthy watching him in meetings with the team.
He would feel the need to drop F-bombs constantly to I guess show the team that he was a tough guy and a real bad ***.
When in reality, everyone knows he is not, but watching him try to come across as such was so nauseating.
I know it, but I have a feeling that the players can sense it too that he was trying to be something he isn't.

except every media member says that is exactly him behind the scenes. matter of fact go listen to Rob Phillips interview today on 105.3 the fan.

Zman5

Reaction score
JG throwing the F-bomb on All or nothing looked like a little kid trying to fit in with his big brother and his friends. Looked very forced and awkward.
He is a big fake. That's why the Ravens told him he should run for an office. JG is a typical politician.

Dre11

Reaction score
Yep, so obvious he's overcompensating, trying to be seen as a tough guy and actual football player instead of the Ivy League career backup QB he really was.

But then it's been clear to me he was a fraud playing a role from the beginning. All that forced over-grinning when he knows the camera is on him is just as weird as the overcussing bad-*** act.

wrong as wrong can be, all the media members says that him. they even a way he's totally different during the walk off of his press conference. he gives more info that he do publicly

Dre11

Reaction score
Yep, so obvious he's overcompensating, trying to be seen as a tough guy and actual football player instead of the Ivy League career backup QB he really was.

But then it's been clear to me he was a fraud playing a role from the beginning. All that forced over-grinning when he knows the camera is on him is just as weird as the overcussing bad-*** act.

7:00 minute mark

https://omny.fm/shows/shan-and-rj/rob-phillips

Dre11

Reaction score
I always had doubts about JG's ability to be a decent Head Coach but the thing that really solidified it was watching him behind the scenes in All or Nothing on Amazon a couple of years ago.
It was cringe-worthy watching him in meetings with the team.
He would feel the need to drop F-bombs constantly to I guess show the team that he was a tough guy and a real bad ***.
When in reality, everyone knows he is not, but watching him try to come across as such was so nauseating.
I know it, but I have a feeling that the players can sense it too that he was trying to be something he isn't.

7:00 Mark

Dre11

Reaction score
People keep saying they think the players agree with their half-assed assessments of Jason Garrett, but over and over and over again, when we hear it directly from the players themselves, the exact opposite is proven to be true.

We just heard it again recently from Orlando Scandrick on Cowherd. And from Demarcus Ware in the AMA he did that’s quoted in my sig.

they'll ignore this

7:00 Mark.

Dre11

Reaction score
Really?

Demarcus Ware (on Jason Garrett): “I think he's a great coach. What a lot of people don't understand is he's a motivator. He'd give speeches before meetings and that's what coaches should do. He was a good delegator but he could go into any meeting room and know everything: what people are doing, what's going wrong and how to fix it. That's how you know he's a good coach.

Let's look at the part in bold, shall we? He's good at knowing everything? Romo said he wasn't an X's and O's kind of coach. And if he knows how to fix everything, why do the players and especially the coaches keep making the same mistakes over and over in games? That doesn't sound liking fixing anything to me.

Garrett could be a very good motivator to an extent. He could be hampered by Jerry's culture....but he's a terrible head coach (at least in the atmosphere that Jerry presents). There is no argument to be had about that. The results speak for themselves. It's time for change.

Yet Tony Romo also said this. which is right in line with what Ware said. hmmmm

"He can coach any position at this point. Not everybody can do that. I think he has a way of communicating with people and there's a reason he's been here so long. He's the best coach," said Tony Romo. "Each evening when we go back and look at practice. He shows the good, the bad and everything in between. His ability to reach every position and every group on the team I think sets the standard for our football team"

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Yep, exactly. It gets said over and over and over again. People just don’t want to hear it.

Jason is far from a perfect coach. It’d sure be nice if what he gets criticized for was actually the stuff he does wrong. 90% of what we talk about here is just so stupid, it’s impossible to take it seriously.

nobody

Reaction score
You're making the mistake of thinking coaching is the only thing that gets good teams beat in the post-season.

I'm going with common denominators. That's Jerry and Jason. We can only possibly hope for one of them to change. The other won't. 1+1 always equals 2.
The culture is the problem. Jerry promotes that culture. Jason does nothing to change that culture. Either he's unwilling or incapable of butting heads with Jerry enough to get it done. Ergo, Jason's a bad HC because he can't or won't do what is necessary.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm going with common denominators. That's Jerry and Jason. We can only possibly hope for one of them to change. The other won't. 1+1 always equals 2.
The culture is the problem. Jerry promotes that culture. Jason does nothing to change that culture. Either he's unwilling or incapable of butting heads with Jerry enough to get it done. Ergo, Jason's a bad HC because he can't or won't do what is necessary.

If he can’t do what’s necessary, that’s not necessarily on him. He’s actually done a better job under the circumstances than any coach since Jimmy. I think we all suspect what the actual common denominator is.

Either way, we all agree this is JGs last shot to make it happen, and it’s not looking good.