News: All Seven Rounds Of Dallas Cowboys 2016 Draft Board Rankings Possibly Revealed

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
I put it at 85 percent that he'll be a top 3 back in football instantly. Very little risk.

Ramsey will be special in 3-4 years.

It's time to win now.

93 percent of statistics are completely made up.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Which was basically my point, which was a retort to another post.

It's dumb to draft positions specifically by round, other than QB. You take the most impactful player on the board early. Period.

A lot of corners bust in the first round. A lot of running backs don't live up to their billing. There is no proven method in that regard.

Elliott is the most complete running back to come out since Adrian Peterson. Runs inside, runs outside, speed and power, great receiver, tremendous pass protector, lead blocker on Buckeye sweeps, almost never fumbled, solid citizen......you take that guy and pair him with this offensive line and never look back.

Ramsey would have been just another corner here wishing for a pass rush.

All things being equal, I think alot of people would take Fournette (next year's class) or Gurley (last year's class) over Elliott. Even if you disagree (which is fair to argue), the point is it is debatable. The primary basis trotted out by Elliott's uber supporters is the notion that he's a "elite level....generational....once-a-decade" type of player. I'm not convinced he's that echelon of player, which is not a slight to him, but just a more realistic (IMO) conservative take in contrast to the hyperbole and ridiculous projections assigned to Zeke by some fans since we drafted him.

We all just watched a retread 8-year, former Top 5 (I might add...) running back in McFadden, run for 1,000+ yards, and increase his YPC by 1.2 yards per touch from the previous season behind our offensive line and without the benefit of having Tony Romo for most of the season. I'd be willing to bet whomever we put back there with a healthy Romo would have/will be successful.

Last edited:

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
All things being equal, I think alot of people would take Fournette (next year's class) or Gurley (last year's class) over Elliott. Even if you disagree (which is fair to argue), the point is it is debatable. The primary basis trotted out by Elliott's uber supporters is the notion that he's a "elite level....generational....once-a-decade" type of player. I'm not convinced he's that echelon of player.

EElliott is not below Gurley or Fournette on any level....they all are elite RB prospects

They are all 1st round talents......where they go in the first depends on when a team in need drafts

Fournette will go in the top half of the first next year

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
EElliott is not below Gurley or Fournette on any level....they all are elite RB prospects

They are all 1st round talents......where they go in the first depends on when a team in need drafts

Fournette will go in the top half of the first next year

lol, thanks.

Last edited:

erod

Reaction score
All things being equal, I think alot of people would take Fournette (next year's class) or Gurley (last year's class) over Elliott. Even if you disagree, the point is it's debatable. The primary basis trotted out by Elliott's uber supporters is the notion that he's a "elite level....generational....once-a-decade" type of player. I'm not convinced he's that echelon of player.

We all just watched a retread 8-year, former Top 5 running back in McFadden, run for 1,000+ yards, and increase his YPC by 1.2 yards per touch from the previous season behind our offensive line and without the benefit of having Tony Romo for most of the season. I'd be willing to bet whomever we put back there with a healthy Romo would have/will be successful.

Fournette is a runner only, and frankly, he's dumb as a rock. I would not trust him as a rookie in pass protection. Plus, Alabama made him look really awful.

Gurley is a tremendous player. I think Zeke is as good or better, and he's better built for the position. Gurley is much bigger. Zeke is more compact.

Zeke is a brilliant pass protector and receiver, and he simply doesn't fumble. He's more pro-ready in my opinion.

Sydla

Reaction score
So apparently Zeke is "brilliant" at everything.............. brilliant blocker, brilliant pass catcher, brilliant runner, overall he's brilliant..............

LOL. There's absolutely positively no way he's going to live up to your hype. They way you talk he's a Top 3 back of all time.

And if he runs for like 1200 yards this year and has about 7 or 8 TDs, I don't want to hear the excuses........... he was a rookie, he split carries, etc.

If he's as good as you claim, he better be dominating the NFL by Week One.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
LOL. There's absolutely positively no way he's going to live up to your hype. They way you talk he's a Top 3 back of all time.

I'm only half kidding when I say I think I remember reading a couple of posts made in other threads effectively claiming he already is.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
All things being equal, I think alot of people would take Fournette (next year's class) or Gurley (last year's class) over Elliott. Even if you disagree (which is fair to argue), the point is it is debatable. The primary basis trotted out by Elliott's uber supporters is the notion that he's a "elite level....generational....once-a-decade" type of player. I'm not convinced he's that echelon of player, which is not a slight to him, but just a more realistic (IMO) conservative take in contrast to the hyperbole and ridiculous projections assigned to Zeke by some fans since we drafted him.

We all just watched a retread 8-year, former Top 5 (I might add...) running back in McFadden, run for 1,000+ yards, and increase his YPC by 1.2 yards per touch from the previous season behind our offensive line and without the benefit of having Tony Romo for most of the season. I'd be willing to bet whomever we put back there with a healthy Romo would have/will be successful.

Yup