News: All Seven Rounds Of Dallas Cowboys 2016 Draft Board Rankings Possibly Revealed

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
It's called hyperbole.............. to highlight the silliness of your point on Hitchens.

the problem with a guy like Hitchens is that he appeared to regress or at least stall out last year instead of progressing.....in baseball they call it the sophomore slump but it has more to do with strenuous schedule and the pitchers getting a book on you.......in football it should be the opposite....the game slows down and you get stronger....

This is a huge year for Hitch

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
the problem with a guy like Hitchens

Most of his problem is having to cover for Rolando and Lee all the time ....... has to wear you out to cover for guys ho make more money than you and still cannot be there on gameday.

Sydla

Reaction score
the problem with a guy like Hitchens is that he appeared to regress or at least stall out last year instead of progressing.....in baseball they call it the sophomore slump but it has more to do with strenuous schedule and the pitchers getting a book on you.......in football it should be the opposite....the game slows down and you get stronger....

This is a huge year for Hitch

Hitch is what Hitch is. I think expecting more out of him than what you've seen is a mistake. He's not a particularly talented guy. He's an effort, smarts guy but that's it. He's smallish, not particularly fast, etc.

That doesn't mean the defensive coaching staff is doing a bang up job. They aren't. But I tend to think people overrate the talent on defense. Hitch would be one. He's nothing more than a spot starting/backup LB............. and there's nothing wrong with that. You need guys like that.

Sydla

Reaction score
I'm sorry ...... you are right ....... he is Mr. Reliable.

My bad.

He's not the guy who claimed that he'll never make a pro bowl and now is seemingly trying to argue that they just made him a pro bowl player because I guess they felt bad for him.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We need Elliott because we needed that bell cow, that three down back, that DeMarco Murray 2014 guy who can tote the rock 20+ times a game and wear down defenses with this OL.
Those RB's can be found in the 2nd round or later. A top 5 RB when we needed all the defense we could get was the way to go. My preference was to trade down and get 3 picks in the first two rounds and go defense with all 3. Go get your RB after that like Booker, Perkins, Dixon, Drake, Prosise...

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
He's not the guy who claimed that he'll never make a pro bowl.

I said he would never stay healthy.

But I do find it curious that the only year we had a good record since Lee was drafted, was the year he was out.

Sydla

Reaction score
Around 8-10 ........ and the guy on the other side should be the same.

Unfortunately we have no guy on the other side.

He had 8 sacks last year.

So Lawrence met that expectation but apparently he wasn't developed in your eyes. LOL.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I said he would never stay healthy.

But I do find it curious that the only year we had a good record since Lee was drafted, was the year he was out.

Obviously we just have different definitions of the word never

Sydla

Reaction score
Must have been that top notch coaching that you are so fond of huh? Jerry loves his sheep.

Yep, I love me this coaching staff. They are the best, best, best!

But I assume the fact you tried to change the subject again is yoru acknowledgement that you look silly claiming Lawrence is an undeveloped player who should be an 8-10 sack guy by now, despite the fact he was actually an 8 sack guy last year.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Yep, I love me this coaching staff. They are the best, best, best!

But I assume the fact you tried to change the subject again is yoru acknowledgement that you look silly claiming Lawrence is an undeveloped player who should be an 8-10 sack guy by now, despite the fact he was actually an 8 sack guy last year.

Did not try to change the subject at all ..... I still do not think he is were he should be ...... sacks are only one part of being a DE........ but I know you are sensitive to criticisms of this staff.

Sydla

Reaction score
You: Lawrence is undeveloped.

Me: Really? Where should he be as a player sack wise?

You: 8-10 sack guy

Me: He had 8 sacks last year.

You: Jerry loves his sheep.

LOL.

Sydla

Reaction score
Oh and as for the part about how there is more than sacks playing DE............. Lawrence was also Top 10 in tackles for a defensive end in the NFL.

But apparently, he's under developed.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I cant wait till that happens ..... and then suddenly all these horrible players we have will be playing much better.

Of course no apologies will be given.

You might have a point if any if the players they drafted went anywhere else and had success.

Like Bruce Carter for example, he was a Cowboys defensive draft pick who left, how has he fared elsewhere once freed from the Cowboys holding him back?

erod

Reaction score
It's the same logic still attaching Mo and a 1st round draft selection as a reason to skip out on Ramsey. It's stupidity desperately masked as deep thought.

Two college interceptions with lots of drops versus an amazing career at Ohio State.

Which is riskier?