CashMan

Reaction score
Faerluna;4563818 said:
Favorite version of ST?

Favorite characters?

Favorite episodes?

Anything else?

Ds9
Quark, Geordi La Forge, and Capt. Pike in the movie(cause I like Bruce Greenwood)
The one where the go back in time to TOS in DS9
There needs to be a new series!

Phoenix

Reaction score
Favorite version of ST?

TNG

Favorite characters?

Wesley....I KID! :laugh2:

Q
Worf
7 of 9
Spock
Data
Guinan

Favorite episodes?

All Good Things
The TNG episode where Enterprise got stuck in a repetitive time loop and kept getting destroyed over and over
Locutus of Borg 2-parter

Anything else?

I vividly remember watching my first episode as a kid, on a b/w TV. It was one where Kirk & Spock were in the past, and I saw these pointy ears, thought ***? and became glued to the TV and a fan of the franchise instantly :)

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
Phoenix;4563848 said:
Favorite version of ST?

TNG

Favorite characters?

Q
Worf
7 of 9
Spock
Data
Guinan

Favorite episodes?

All Good Things
The TNG episode where Enterprise got stuck in a repetitive time loop and kept getting destroyed over and over
Locutus of Borg 2-parter

Anything else?

I vividly remember watching my first episode as a kid, on a b/w TV. It was one where Kirk & Spock were in the past, and I saw these pointy ears, thought ***? and became glued to the TV and a fan of the franchise instantly :)

That's almost exactly what I was going to say. Even the Wesley joke. LOL

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Faerluna;4563818 said:
Favorite version of ST?

Favorite characters?

Favorite episodes?

Anything else?

I have liked all of them

It would be easier to list the ones I didn't like.....Dr. Bashir was about the only character I really disliked

I don't know them by name

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
Favorite version of ST?

DS9 or Voyager

Favorite characters?

Picard, Odo, Chakote, Jadzea Dax

Favorite episodes?

Fair Haven episodes (Voyager) and Blink of an Eye (Voyager). Blink of an Eye was the one where they find a planet that exists is a much slower time rate and the people of the planet think that Voyager is a new star in the sky.

Anything else?

I started watching ST after watching one of the movies (might have been WoK but I can't remember) at a friend's house. I couldn't get enough of it after that. Even Enterprise.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
TNG

Q, Worf, Lore

Hard to say on the episodes. So many good ones.
Cause and Effect, the loop episode
Q Who, first encounter with the Borg

I like most of the series except Voyager. Didn't care for it too much. I even liked Enterprise quite a bit.

CashMan

Reaction score
Another good episode was a TNG one when the Enterprise met the old Enterprise and Tasha went back in time with it.

Phoenix

Reaction score
Talk about timely! :)

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2012/05/17/star-trek-universal-translator-to-join-war-on-terror/

• Star%20Trek%20Universal%20Translator.jpg

Is the fanciful universal translator that let Captain Kirk and co. communicate close to reality? (Paramount)

Imagine being able to turn up in any city anywhere in the world and speak freely with the locals.

It was fiction as Star Trek’s Universal Translator, in the hands of Lieutenant Uhura, chief communications officer on the USS Enterprise who kept Captain Kirk in touch with both Starfleet Command and the universe at large.

It’s now nearly a reality and may soon be in the hands of U.S. boots on the ground.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I guess I like the Original Star Trek. I like them all but the original is the one I remember with a certain nostalgia.

I always liked Kirk and Spoke, of course but I really liked Warf from NG and DS9, Quark and Data. Jadzia Dax, Lt. Rand from back in the day, Tipol, and of course, Seven of Nine were all smokinhot! Throw in Minuet as well. She only had a small role in one or two episodes but she was way gorgeous.

Favorite Episode is tough. I guess maybe "All Good Things."

I wish there was still a Star Trek Series on. I would still watch it.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Faerluna;4563818 said:
Favorite version of ST?
That's hard for me to answer. I pretty much loved TOS, TNG, DS9 and Voyager equally well. If anything, Enterprise fell short of my expectations, but I enjoyed the final three seasons enough to not be completely disappointed.
Faerluna;4563818 said:
Favorite characters?
Too many to list. Least favorites is another question. Neelix from Voyager, Quark's brother's wife from DS9 (glad she wasn't a regular) and Hoshi (the communications officer) from Enterprise.

I have tried to imagine TNG without Marina Sirtis, but biology never allows me to hate on her for very long. :cool: I was practically born with TOS, so its hard for me to hate on any of the series characters. However, I still enjoy watching Christopher Lloyd's Klingon character being killed in The Search For Spock. Even though I love him in Taxi and Return To The Future, he was horrible, H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E casting. :banghead:

Faerluna;4563818 said:
Favorite episodes?
You are evil. :D Way too many, but if I were stuck with one per series...

TOS - The Enterprise Incident
TNG - The Best Of Both Worlds
DS9 - Favor The Bold/Sacrifice Of Angels (actually one episode/referred to this episode in the other ST thread)
Voyager - Scorpion (was highly tempted to add Year Of Hell)
Enterprise - Carbon Creek (this is actually an early second season episode which aired when some fans were already tuning out)

Faerluna;4563818 said:
Anything else?
All the series have excellent lead-ins/opening themes, but Voyager is the best of all of them without question in my opinion:

[youtube]eofNOxhisX4[/youtube]

The animation is superb. Heck, I get chills every time the "camera" following the ship "passes through" the rocks that composed the planet's rings. The music resonates with the premise of the show: a Starfleet crew isolated yet inspired. It will forever be one of my all-time favorite television openings regardless of genre.

The animated series does not get enough respect in my opinion. Even though it was Saturday morning cartoon fare, it had its moments.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Star Trek always has been superior to Star Wars and always will be.

Jar-Jar Binks=nail in the coffin.

But seriously they should do an old Star Wars KOTOR type series and do it seriously and thoughtfully as in like a movie that isn't a goofy characterization on itself.

New Star Trek movie will again have some non Star Trek universe plot. Ugh.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
No paticular order

Favorite Series
  • TOS
  • TNG
  • Voyager

If pressed, I would probably go with TNG.

Favorite Characters
  • Kirk
  • Spock
  • Scotty
  • Khan (if you include movies)
  • Dr. McCoy
  • Picard
  • Laforge
  • Data
  • Warf
  • Q
  • Janeway
  • B'Elanna Torres
  • Tuvok
  • Seven of Nine
  • The guy in the red shirt on away parties
Even if pressed, I couldn't name a favorite. Some of these characters IMO should be in some type of HoF for TV characters.

Favorite Episodes
I never paid much attention to their names, but I have a few that I really liked. The Q episodes were almost always good. The TOS with the little fluffy things (Wuggles or something) The Borg episodes were usually good too.

Other

As someone else mentioned. Definitely need a new series. The bad thing about it, is I really don't have / make time for TV and probably wouldn't end up watching it.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CashMan;4563840 said:
Ds9
Quark, Geordi La Forge, and Capt. Pike in the movie(cause I like Bruce Greenwood)
The one where the go back in time to TOS in DS9
That was a very nice meshing of scenes from TOS with DS9. One of my favorite parts was O'Brien (I think) questioning Worf why did Klingons look so different from him back then. I forget his response, but it was too funny. :muttley:
CashMan;4563840 said:
There needs to be a new series!
Indeed. Perhaps J.J. Abrams will do us the honors. :)

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Phoenix;4563848 said:
Favorite characters?

Has anyone watched Eureka on SyFy? Wil Wheaton has a recurring character on the show. He was a handsome young man on TNG, but he grew into an UGLY adult. I think he has made some appearances on The Big Bang Theory too. He really let himself go.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Ashley Judd stuffing her face and talking about her on Star Trek TNG. She was like 21 or 22 at the time.

[youtube]nFthhb-zJSQ[/youtube]

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CashMan;4563865 said:
Another good episode was a TNG one when the Enterprise met the old Enterprise and Tasha went back in time with it.
Yesterday's Enterprise. Excellent choice. Stewart had a great line at the end: "Let history never forget the name... Enterprise" or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.