All we have is hope

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Many of us know that Jerry and his culture of pampering the players, has held this organization back. I love Jerry for what he’s done for the NFL, but he’s always sided with the players and has focused on taking care of them. Of course, this has led to what we have now. A soft team.

There’s no fix for this right now. Jerry’s 80 or so and focused on trying to win 1 more. Exactly what I said last year. His focus was with a pair of reading glasses that he got as a gift from the Comminisioner. So for all you Zoners who have given up, and are proud of it, trust me that there is hope.

I have hope for 2 main reasons.

1st: Every year is a different year with a different team. This is the last year of MM’s contract. He’s going to push Jerry for going all out. If Quinn leaves, which I hope, the new DC knows he’s got to prove himself just like MM. He’s going to go all out for the season as well.

2nd: Jerry will relinquish his duties soon.

JBS

Reaction score
1. None of the other coaches have been able to change Jerry’s ways. Last year of deal or not last year of deal. This is nothing but wishful thinking.

2 doesn’t even deserve to be addressed

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Nope. Not after 29 years. Hope is when you see the possibility that something will be different.

I saw a picture today of an unassuming looking man way in the back looking admiringly as Patrick Mahomes was speaking to the media. I had no idea who he was.

I later found out it was Clark Hunt, owner of the Chiefs. All he cares about is letting his people do their jobs and winning Super Bowls.

All ours cares about is speaking to the media.

There is no hope, only anger and a feeling of betrayal by a man who continues to hold the team we love (or once loved) hostage.

He’s a disgrace and we are an embarrassment.

Fmart322

Reaction score
Many of us know that Jerry and his culture of pampering the players, has held this organization back. I love Jerry for what he’s done for the NFL, but he’s always sided with the players and has focused on taking care of them. Of course, this has led to what we have now. A soft team.

There’s no fix for this right now. Jerry’s 80 or so and focused on trying to win 1 more. Exactly what I said last year. His focus was with a pair of reading glasses that he got as a gift from the Comminisioner. So for all you Zoners who have given up, and are proud of it, trust me that there is hope.

1st: Every year is a different year with a different team. This is the last year of MM’s contract. He’s going to push Jerry for going all out. If Quinn leaves, which I hope, the new DC knows he’s got to prove himself just like MM. He’s going to go all out for the season as well.

A good DC won't come to the Cowboys under a lame duck HC.
We will suffer next season like we did in 2010 and 2019. 2025 will be our next real reset.
Sorry, just my opinion.

CWR

Reaction score

Yes the hope is we are aggressive this off-season and lock down a couple of upper tier FAs, plus draft some impact players. It's not illogical to think they may take that approach with this group, knowing this is their last attempt. It is, however wishful thinking and history points towards us doing anything but.

Our only chance of overcoming the typical Cowboy obstacles is to overwhelm with talent. This team needs a lot more toughness.

dckid

Reaction score

This is not a discussion about hope. Jerry is not trying to win a SB. I have said it for years, he just wants to field a competent team, hence why he stuck with Garrett and Romo for so long. This is the same with Dak, and McCarthy.
His franchise is worth 10 billion plus, even when we lose we dominate the sports news cycle.
He has won already , he is a HOF. Biggest most recognized owner in the NFL. The game is just window dressing. Winning a SB is number 8 on his top ten list.

Aven8

Reaction score
Nope. Not after 29 years. Hope is when you see the possibility that something will be different.

I saw a picture today of an unassuming looking man way in the back looking admiringly as Patrick Mahomes was speaking to the media. I had no idea who he was.

I later found out it was Clark Hunt, owner of the Chiefs. All he cares about is letting his people do their jobs and winning Super Bowls.

There is no hope, only anger and a feeling of betrayal by a man who continues to hold the team we love (or once loved) hostage.

And funny enough Clark and Jerry are neighbors in Highland Park…..

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
1. None of the other coaches have been able to change Jerry’s ways. Last year of deal or not last year of deal. This is nothing but wishful thinking.

2 doesn’t even deserve to be addressed
Hey I get it. I’ve seen many guys give up all hope when things are tough.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Hey I get it. I’ve seen many guys give up all hope when things are tough.

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score
1. Hope isn’t a plan…I want to see a plan, but every year under MM he promised improvement in penalties, stopping the run, and run/pass balance. It’s never happened.

2. Nepotism. With nepotism, each successive generation gets more and more ignorant and lazy because they have to work less and less. If JJ died tomorrow, it would be the worst case scenario because dribbles has no idea what to do, who to bring in, nor who to trust.

Big_D

Reaction score
Jerry and his kid don't supply any hope at all. Cowboy killers. It's what they've been for a long time now. They are this team's own worst enemy!

lkelly

Reaction score
1*ww7xssjfq-qGmv35t-t5wg.jpeg