All we have is hope

Toro9

Reaction score
Hope might get you into trouble but without it you're already doomed.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
Hope, in reality, is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man. - Friedrich Nietzsche.

It’s as if Nietzsche had Cowboys fans in mind.

Gambit

Reaction score
Many of us know that Jerry and his culture of pampering the players, has held this organization back. I love Jerry for what he’s done for the NFL, but he’s always sided with the players and has focused on taking care of them. Of course, this has led to what we have now. A soft team.

There’s no fix for this right now. Jerry’s 80 or so and focused on trying to win 1 more. Exactly what I said last year. His focus was with a pair of reading glasses that he got as a gift from the Comminisioner. So for all you Zoners who have given up, and are proud of it, trust me that there is hope.

I have hope for 2 main reasons.

1st: Every year is a different year with a different team. This is the last year of MM’s contract. He’s going to push Jerry for going all out. If Quinn leaves, which I hope, the new DC knows he’s got to prove himself just like MM. He’s going to go all out for the season as well.

2nd: Jerry will relinquish his duties soon.
Jerry has already relinquished most of his duties.

Listening to the rant by Broddaus it seems like there has been some hints of going all in this off season. Not sure I believe it, we shall soon see. 49 days til FA

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Many of us know that Jerry and his culture of pampering the players, has held this organization back. I love Jerry for what he’s done for the NFL, but he’s always sided with the players and has focused on taking care of them. Of course, this has led to what we have now. A soft team.

There’s no fix for this right now. Jerry’s 80 or so and focused on trying to win 1 more. Exactly what I said last year. His focus was with a pair of reading glasses that he got as a gift from the Comminisioner. So for all you Zoners who have given up, and are proud of it, trust me that there is hope.

I have hope for 2 main reasons.

1st: Every year is a different year with a different team. This is the last year of MM’s contract. He’s going to push Jerry for going all out. If Quinn leaves, which I hope, the new DC knows he’s got to prove himself just like MM. He’s going to go all out for the season as well.

2nd: Jerry will relinquish his duties soon.
you sound like jerry. generating hope and selling tickets!

Jerry is not relinquishing anything anytime soon. he is the new Al Davis. he will run this team to the ground. then his son who has been trained by him will take over. look over at the raiders, see how Davis Jr. is doing. so nothing is going to change. there will be a new Dak. there will be a new CD, there will be a new Micah. just like the past 30 years. same results.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I believe as you do, that we have a chance in 2024.

As for when Jerry relinquishes his duty, Stephen will be just more of the same. So I won't have any additional hope during the post-Jerry era.
We think Stephen will be the same, but we won’t know until he takes over.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You literally have NO idea about what you are talking about.

Stop attacking people with every other post.

You are one of the main things wrong with this board. This was a much better place after you quit and ran away.
Never quit. Not in my vocabulary.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Listening to the rant by Broddaus it seems like there has been some hints of going all in this off season. Not sure I believe it, we shall soon see. 49 days til FA
With so many variables this coming year this would be the year to go all in.

CCBoy

Reaction score

Jerry is not relinquishing anything anytime soon. he is the new Al Davis. he will run this team to the ground. then his son who has been trained by him will take over. look over at the raiders, see how Davis Jr. is doing. so nothing is going to change. there will be a new Dak. there will be a new CD, there will be a new Micah. just like the past 30 years. same results.
Be a Texan fan...no blaming there, smart guy.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

You have no idea how Stephen would run the organization. For one, I think he’ll hire a GM or officially name McClay the GM. That’s a game changer.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I believe as you do, that we have a chance in 2024.

As for when Jerry relinquishes his duty, Stephen will be just more of the same. So I won't have any additional hope during the post-Jerry era.
Really an absolute need, or just a need to make positive adjustment on team basis for standard in play? Player selection has fallen prey use of the draft for finances and then hoping for success.

Last edited:

CCBoy

Reaction score
Here comes Private Dipstick with one of his patented low quality call out threads, how original.

When insulting people and lecturing them about their fandom 17 times a week becomes the most exciting part of your life it's time to take a break from the internet.
You said not a word about football...I give a crap you don't talk football, but homie out on chest bumps instead.

You ever worked on a well site...talking knowledgeable about dipstick. How about a refinery? I worked both. You ever overhauled an engine or pulled a tank engine for annual installation level over haul. Speak on up about you know about here...

Quick, call me a dipstick, know nothing...

kskboys

Reaction score

Does that mean the 2nd round madness is over?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Don't let the haters get you down, Rocky. CCboy loves all your posts, so you have a friend and that is all that counts, he will always come to your aid. He likes helping the weak minded.

Hey, did you know that CCboy took an engine out of a tank and put it in a helicopter?