All we have is hope

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I abandoned hope with this franchise a while ago. What I have is a few hours of escapism watching the games and eating and drinking with fellow friends and fans. But to invest any emotion in this cluster no way
Thanks for admitting that you’re not a Cowboys fan because they never give up hope.

Big_D

Reaction score
I can't wait to watch them do their due diligence this offseason. It's incredible to see this front office in action.

Wildcat711

Reaction score
Thanks for admitting that you’re not a Cowboys fan because they never give up hope.
Stop telling people "how" they should be a fan, its ridiculous.

I have to have some hope.. not sure what I would do if I had "none". I'm slowly getting less pissed as the days go by.

I have to hope that Dak gets better in Macs offence after learning it,

As 90% of the board has said.. I agree that we have to have a run game/stop the run.

I have to hope the FO does something about it.

and then I have to hope that somehow the Cowboys catch lightening in a bottle and win it all.

A lot of hope I know.. lol.. but there it is.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

I have to have some hope.. not sure what I would do if I had "none". I'm slowly getting less pissed as the days go by.

As 90% of the board has said.. I agree that we have to have a run game/stop the run.

and then I have to hope that somehow the Cowboys catch lightening in a bottle and win it all.

I didn’t tell anyone how to be a fan other than stating facts. Thank you very much.

MikeT22

Reaction score

That's all there is at this point. Lightening in a bottle, stars align, etc. Because Jerry and Stephen have no idea how to build a championship team, nor do they seem too interested in trying.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I didn’t tell anyone how to be a fan other than stating facts. Thank you very much.
Your opinions are not facts. You run around here telling people if they're a real fan, aka think exactly like you.

I think it's about time for the ignore option. Your silly act got old a long time ago. Have fun yelling into the void.

CCBoy

Reaction score
This is not a discussion about hope. Jerry is not trying to win a SB. I have said it for years, he just wants to field a competent team, hence why he stuck with Garrett and Romo for so long. This is the same with Dak, and McCarthy.
His franchise is worth 10 billion plus, even when we lose we dominate the sports news cycle.
He has won already , he is a HOF. Biggest most recognized owner in the NFL. The game is just window dressing. Winning a SB is number 8 on his top ten list.
There is a plan and that is being worked upon. Leadership can accomplish a lot of things and over come for success.

Discipline and accountability are the two elements that have to be overcome.

Hell yea there is hope. Those are human elements and doable.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Your opinions are not facts. You run around here telling people if they're a real fan, aka think exactly like you.

I think it's about time for the ignore option. Your silly act got old a long time ago. Have fun yelling into the void.

CCBoy

Reaction score

This isn't a discussion from a sporting news room. This isn't based upon level of a team group. Jerry can eat catfish each and every day. Talent is on the team.

Coach has to take charge and get it done. These aren't groups in conflict. I'll take that as well. Neither of us is afraid of your pompous donut hole quivering.

Ban me first...

To order a reaction or your selection one has to have legitimation of authority. Let's go Mussilini!

There is always hope.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Many of us know that Jerry and his culture of pampering the players, has held this organization back. I love Jerry for what he’s done for the NFL, but he’s always sided with the players and has focused on taking care of them. Of course, this has led to what we have now. A soft team.

There’s no fix for this right now. Jerry’s 80 or so and focused on trying to win 1 more. Exactly what I said last year. His focus was with a pair of reading glasses that he got as a gift from the Comminisioner. So for all you Zoners who have given up, and are proud of it, trust me that there is hope.

I have hope for 2 main reasons.

1st: Every year is a different year with a different team. This is the last year of MM’s contract. He’s going to push Jerry for going all out. If Quinn leaves, which I hope, the new DC knows he’s got to prove himself just like MM. He’s going to go all out for the season as well.

2nd: Jerry will relinquish his duties soon.
Hopefully you are right about Jerry relinquishing his duties soon.
That's what holding this team back.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Many of us know that Jerry and his culture of pampering the players, has held this organization back. I love Jerry for what he’s done for the NFL, but he’s always sided with the players and has focused on taking care of them. Of course, this has led to what we have now. A soft team.

There’s no fix for this right now. Jerry’s 80 or so and focused on trying to win 1 more. Exactly what I said last year. His focus was with a pair of reading glasses that he got as a gift from the Comminisioner. So for all you Zoners who have given up, and are proud of it, trust me that there is hope.

I have hope for 2 main reasons.

1st: Every year is a different year with a different team. This is the last year of MM’s contract. He’s going to push Jerry for going all out. If Quinn leaves, which I hope, the new DC knows he’s got to prove himself just like MM. He’s going to go all out for the season as well.

2nd: Jerry will relinquish his duties soon.
I believe as you do, that we have a chance in 2024.

As for when Jerry relinquishes his duty, Stephen will be just more of the same. So I won't have any additional hope during the post-Jerry era.

CCBoy

Reaction score
1*ww7xssjfq-qGmv35t-t5wg.jpeg
Families are driving forces more than a weak hope. Real cause. That requires value as well!

kevm3

Reaction score
We don't even have hope. All we can do is enjoy the Cowboys as a bit of time wasting and some regular season entertainment.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The incompetence isn’t on Jerry anymore, it’s on Stephen. Stephen and McClay are running this team now — Jerry is just the public mouthpiece.

Things won’t change because Stephen has supreme job security and his way of business still keeps the Cowboys at the top of the mountain when it comes to ratings and revenue.

As fans, we just care about our favorite team winning a Super Bowl. As owners and businessmen, Stephen is more driven by $$$. So until that dries up, he’ll never change.