Signed by Cowboys Allen Hurns, Cowboys Agree To 2-Year Deal

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
FRISCO, Texas – Two days after taking a free-agent visit to Dallas, wide receiver Allen Hurns has agreed to a two-year deal with the Cowboys.

Hurns, 26, was released by the Jaguars on Tuesday after starting 42 games in Jacksonville over the last four seasons, posting 2,669 receiving yards and 21 touchdowns in four seasons. Hurns reportedly drew interest from other teams, including the Jets, who were expected to visit with him this week.

Read the rest plus Broaddus scouting report

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2...oys-expected-sign-allen-hurns-2-year-contract

phildadon86

Reaction score
Not a big fan of this deal, but I'll feel better about if Hurns is an addition and not a replacement.
Hes replacing Bease. Its actually hilarious to read Broaddus' scouting report. Now I know why he is no longer one. Its the complete opposite of every other scouting report out there lol

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Great signing. Cut Dez and draft a WR and our WR issues are much less. Dez has been a drag mentally and financially on this team for a couple years now. Time to let him go ***** and moan on another team.
Not so sure he’s gone this year.

Yet. 2019 does look like he won’t be here though.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
This is actually a good signing, it seems fans who arnt familiar with him are the ones who don' understand. Maybe because I am heavy into fantasy football and have watched these players over the years, and not just the ones on my favorite football team roster.

What you guys have to realize is that dede Westbrooks breakout preseason last year along with marquis Lee's emergence the last couple of years is what pushed hurns out the door.

That is really rare for a team to have that much talent at the position. C'mon now the jags got rid of Robinson AND Hurns?

Not only are both still good wr's but it took stones for the jags to make that move.

Trust me, Hurns is a good signing and I believe he and Thompson should replace both twill and butler who may also be traded if not Dez.

Dez, Hurns, and Thompson would be way better options for dak and both can catch with their hands unlike twill.

C'mon guys look at the big picture. Our wr core is actually starting to look similar to the eagles of last year. Not too much going on but just enough.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Hes replacing Bease. Its actually hilarious to read Broaddus' scouting report. Now I know why he is no longer one. Its the complete opposite of every other scouting report out there lol
Yeah whenever Broaddus starts talking strengths and weaknesses of a player, I tune him out. He’s been wrong so many times.