Signed by Cowboys Allen Hurns, Cowboys Agree To 2-Year Deal

Rayman70

Reaction score
thank you...I TOLD YA SO GUYS. I nailed it. I figure a 2 year deal laden with incentives...its a smart contract..low risk high reward.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If Seattle would take that deal I would jump on it. I'm not sure Beas carries that much value to the Seahawks though.
i actually thought bease would have much value to seahawks...they dont have anyone like him and with the QB running around so much...bease even better chance of getting open...plus dont they need receivers?...just speculation on my part...have you heard any chatter about possibility of bease getting the axe?....i have not...but i think another person thought so?

Broges74

JerryJonesMustGo
Reaction score
Well, we made a move and I like it and the terms. Not sure I can get with Dez and Hurns lining up as Hurns isn't going to burn past anyone.

I'm warming up to targeting a 1st or 2nd rd WR if they are the BPA meaning everything falls in place and Ridley is there. Then let Dez walk if he doesn't take a cut. Dak forcing the ball to Dez isn't a winning gameplan.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
He has a chance to be better than those receivers. So, yeah I guess I would. I was specifically referring to the idea of him replacing Bryant.
That's what I figured you were talking about but just wanted to be sure. That being said I agree with you that Dez and Hurns is better then Hurns and....... Whoever. Hopefully this works out, just need to get creative on offense

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Well, it shouldn't be quite as difficult for Dak to spot an open receiver with Hurns around. I'm encouraged, knowing someone with legitimately respectable skills could make a very timely difference. Our WR corps begs for help in 2018 and it looks like they just might get it. :)

Last edited:

ksg811

Reaction score
SHOW ME THE MONEY! ! !

We have about 4.5 mill in cap right now. Accounting for the top 51.

That doesn't count for Hurns or the 7+ mill we need for draft picks.

We still need a starting guard. Unless you are planning on rolling with a rook.

No online depth.

So where is this money coming from?

Witten? Bease? Dez?

Unless they do a deal for Martin and lower his hit THIS year, but having massive hits down the road. The same road that will have us needing to fork out 20+ mill a year to a QB.

Oh, and our starting Safeties are right now Heath and probably Woods.

Please, tell me how this all works out in your plan?

Well, it starts with only needing $2.5 million to sign rookies not 7. Please stop spreading the false panic. And yes, re-signing Martin would lower this year’s cap hit and those future years you’re talking about? They come with $10 million dollar raises every year along with rollover, never mind the yearly shuffling of the roster opening up space. Your fear of the cap is misguided and uninformed.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
FRISCO, Texas – Two days after taking a free-agent visit to Dallas, wide receiver Allen Hurns has agreed to a two-year deal with the Cowboys.

Hurns, 26, was released by the Jaguars on Tuesday after starting 42 games in Jacksonville over the last four seasons, posting 2,669 receiving yards and 21 touchdowns in four seasons. Hurns reportedly drew interest from other teams, including the Jets, who were expected to visit with him this week.

Read the rest plus Broaddus scouting report

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2...oys-expected-sign-allen-hurns-2-year-contract

Whoa.................we actually signed a free agent that doesn't suck or was previously on our practice squad?

Hell must have just frozen over:laugh:

s990389325454429633_p58_i1_w397.jpeg

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Let's be real. We aren't keeping all our WRs, the two guys we just signed AND taking a receiver high. Almost zero chance of that happening.

Agreed.....................I think this takes WR in the first off the table now.

I know a lot of you guys are going to hate it, but it is looking more and more like we are going oline in the first.

Should be several really good oline guys available at 19.............I think that is the way this thing is going to play out.

Verdict

Reaction score
Agreed.....................I think this takes WR in the first off the table now.

I know a lot of you guys are going to hate it, but it is looking more and more like we are going oline in the first.

Should be several really good oline guys available at 19.............I think that is the way this thing is going to play out.

That's the way I am leaning towards at this time as well. Hurns is a significant signing. It may mean the end of Dez as a Cowboy.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Thanks for posting that. But the guy notes we've got 7 WRs on the roster and thinks we'll add an 8th in the draft because our 8-10 WRs are spotty. Really?

Yea, that doesn't make much sense...............I don't see how WR is an option early in the draft now with what we got.

Unless we are going to trade or release somebody.

Looking more and more like oline in the first since we have two major holes...........LG and swing T

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Can somebody give me a quick rundown on the contract.....

Its a 2 year deal that can be worth up to $12 million with incentives based on playing time.

So, assuming he doesn't get hurt, we are looking at $6 mill per season...........that is a steal in this WR market!!!!!

I would much rather pay Hurns $6 a year than pay Watkins $15 a year...........Watkins is not $10 mill better than Hurns

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Williams would be on my chopping block long before either of them.

But we have that idiotic contract that Stephen Jones gave him that is in the way.

Exactly............it saves us virtually nothing to cut Twill thanks to his contract, in fact I think it is actually cheaper on the cap to keep him than release him this year due to the dead money that would accelerate.

So unless we can work out a trade, Twill is pretty much here by default this season.