Am I The Only One Always Frustrated With Our Drafts?

philo beddoe

Benched
Reaction score
zrinkill;1397521 said:
I think Phillo has officially taken the "forum joke" title away from BB ...... with Prophet running a close second ....

;) Its like the second coming of Nors
No, I'm afraid that title is yours and yours alone. LOL:lmao2:

TheProphet

Benched
Reaction score
superpunk;1397533 said:
Nice response, doll-face. About what I expected.

If our "great" drafts translate into no playoff wins in 10 years, then yeah I guess ole Jerry has done a bang-up job. LOL. Quit defending the indefensible. Believe it or not Jerry's capable of many bonehead decisions in his role as playing GM. Wake up for pete's sake.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
TheProphet;1397591 said:
If our "great" drafts translate into no playoff wins in 10 years, then yeah I guess ole Jerry has done a bang-up job. LOL. Quit defending the indefensible. Believe it or not Jerry's capable of many bonehead decisions in his role as playing GM. Wake up for pete's sake.

I don't think anyone has said Jerry has not made mistake but things have changed over the last few years in how we go about doing business. Our last few drafts have not been bad.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
the '01 draft was the only draft I hated, didn't hate the '00 draft too much since we only had 5 picks, and no 1st rounder, but back to the '01 draft, I was pissed we took Quincy Carter, and I didn't hear about any of the other guys

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
philo beddoe;1397587 said:
No, I'm afraid that title is yours and yours alone. LOL:lmao2:

Right kid ..... Thats why the only person on this site who agrees with ya is your buddy Prophet ..... :lmao2:

We all know that you 2 clowns go from cowboys site to cowboys site getting banned ...... bowman ..... you are not fooling anyone ...

Opps look another one of your threads just got closed

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82679

:lmao:

TheProphet

Benched
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1397598 said:
I don't think anyone has said Jerry has not made mistake but things have changed over the last few years in how we go about doing business. Our last few drafts have not been bad.

BP's drafts were okay at best. Superpunk seem to imply with his response to Philo that ole Jerry has done a mighty fine job on draft day. To this I say poppycock.

philo beddoe

Benched
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1397598 said:
"Not been bad". How wonderful. I notice how you didn't say "great successes". LOL

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
I find it simply amazing that you 2 seem to be the only ones who agree on everything, noone else agrees w/ you 2

it's freakin' wierd

Doomsday101

Reaction score
philo beddoe;1397609 said:
"Not been bad". How wonderful. I notice how you didn't say "great successes". LOL

Over the last 4 to 5 years are draft has been as good as any team out there. Some players have turned out great, some have been good and some have not panned out and others it is still to early to know how their careers will turn out. If you want to cry about the draft that is your choice but you will cry alone.

TheProphet

Benched
Reaction score
zrinkill;1397604 said:
Right kid ..... Thats why the only person on this site who agrees with ya is your buddy Prophet ..... :lmao2:

We all know that you 2 clowns go from cowboys site to cowboys site getting banned ...... bowman ..... you are not fooling anyone ...

Opps look another one of your threads just got closed

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82679

:lmao:

Do you contribute anything to the topics posted or do you just go on posts to hurl unfounded insults? Just curious.
What boards have I supposedly been kicked off of big guy? Quit stirring up troubles and slandering those to whom you disagree. Let's hope the moderators are following your pattern and seeing what is really going on around here. :laugh2:

superpunk

Reaction score
TheProphet;1397591 said:

TheProphet;1397608 said:
BP's drafts were okay at best. Superpunk seem to imply with his response to Philo that ole Jerry has done a mighty fine job on draft day. To this I say poppycock.

This is what you would call a strawman argument, and it is something that can generally be expected from those who are uneducated, those unfamiliar with simple logical progression, or infants.

What you have done, is set up an auxillary argument, attribute it to me, scoff at it, and pretend that it is a logical retort to my argument. This happens to be, not only pointless, but stupid as well.

Your buddy philo was unable to back his position, so it is admirable that you would attempt to play the knight in shining armor role - but you might have opted to do it on something a bit more than a 2nd grade level of logic. You see, I responded to your buddy philo's initial post, which said

It seems to happen every single year, we make a mess out of the draft. With JJ running the show again, I'm really scared of what we'll do. We always seem to try & get "cute" in some way, which usually backfires. We also seem to lose focus in the later rounds. Will this year be different? Can we actually have a great draft from start to finish? Please, no Quincy Carter type reaches! We often seem to do better with UFAs than we do with our draft picks.

Now - while he did express some angst over Jerry having a larger part in the draft, he did not distinguish clearly which years he was talking about, that influenced that angst. Rather, he opted for that route of the weak-mind, wherein you can only speak in absolutes, which is also what really screws him on this one. "Every single year" and "We always try to get cute" suggest exactly what they say, and that is that these things always occur.

So I asked your buddy a simple question - interestingly I knew what his answer would be, and had the Patriots example all dialed up. My argument addressed (and destroyed) EVERY single one of his suggestions, by a comparative analysis of the team he admires, with the team he is arguing against. In every aspect (getting cute, headscratchers, losing focus in later rounds) we (the Cowboys) come out ahead of the Patriots. This, effectively exposes philo's adorable little rant for what it is - a baseless, useless, poorly-thought-out notion that, judging by his response to my well-thought out response, he had no intention (or means) of legitimately defending. You, as well, have no means of defending his indefensible postition, which is why you took the route of the weak-minded, opting for logical fallacy over legitimate argument.

And that, in a nutshell, is what makes me - me, and you - well......you. You and Q-T-Pie have my sympathy.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
TheProphet;1397630 said:
Do you contribute anything to the topics posted or do you just go on posts to hurl unfounded insults? Just curious.
What boards have I supposedly been kicked off of big guy? Quit stirring up troubles and slandering those to whom you disagree. Let's hope the moderators are following your pattern and seeing what is really going on around here. :laugh2:

Look at my thread history kid and you will see that most of them have been moved to the Daily zone .... how bout yours?

You 2 clowns were kicked off of DCFU for trolling ..... I witnessed that firsthand.