Am I the only one not having fun this season?

Section446

Reaction score
For the past nine years, I've recorded every single NFL game and watched every single play... I've been to all but 2 Cowboys games... I've even traveled to a couple away games every year. For some reason, I've grown bored with the NFL, and I don't know why. Anyone else getting bored of the product?

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
For the past nine years, I've recorded every single NFL game and watched every single play... I've been to all but 2 Cowboys games... I've even traveled to a couple away games every year. For some reason, I've grown bored with the NFL, and I don't know why. Anyone else getting bored of the product?

You've watched every play of every game? Dunno if that's impressive or depressing. :laugh:

Section446

Reaction score
The NFL is one of the last salvations I have left. The wife knows Sunday's are mine and I won't do anything to absolve that :laugh:

I will enjoy it for as long as I can :thumbup:
I was always that way, I planned everything around football.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
I think the league's lost some star power, personally. There's a bunch of new guys.

If you look at the leading rushers, it's Hunt, Cook, Hyde, Gurley and C.J. Anderson. 2 of those guys are rookies.

It's like that around the league right now, the best guys aren't necessarily the guys that were taken early that everyone's heard all about.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Feels the same to me. Some of the games I watched today were entertaining as hell.

If you're waiting for 90s football to return, sorry, not happening. The NFL is becoming more and more like a chess match, as it should. It's a professional sport, not a backyard football. Coaching schemes, mismatches - all of this is a bigger part of football than who can tug on jerseys more and tackle harder.

The problem people have is wanting to see 30-34 type scoring games weekly. We have college for that.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I wish I lived through the 70's and 80's NFL, for sure, Boxer

I still like the product, but I could see what y'all mean coming from an era perspective
It really was a magical time. And the Cowboys were so great in the 1970's and early 80's. We never worried about making the playoffs. It was just how far we could go. And the game was completely different. I like offense but I like defense too and there were some great defenses.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
It really was a magical time. And the Cowboys were so great in the 1970's and early 80's. We never worried about making the playoffs. It was just how far we could go. And the game was completely different. I like offense but I like defense too and there were some great defenses.
I love hard-hitting defenses. Haley could tell you this.

I hate the rules made to neuter a hard-nosed game.

PA, I adore the past times of our beloved sport. And it's horrible I only get to experience it through documentaries and such.

@Section444, apologies, brother, I thought this was a different kind of thread. I agree, the sport is too finesse these days. And it's only going to get more patty-cake.