Am I the only one who noticed Romo is about done?

brymatt94

Reaction score
First off, I'm a huge fan of Romo and have defended him to no end. I'm not trying to start a long argumentative thread and this is just my opinion but I think he's about done. I don't think he makes it halfway through the season. He has no mobility and his arm is gone. I know I'm not the only one who noticed? Aikman had to see it. His back must really be bothering him and those injuries get worse, not better. I'm not a pessimistic person but I think this is his last year unless he makes some miraculous recovery. He looks almost like he's in pain out there............

I hate to say it because I love Romo as you do, but you might be right. The way I see it is if the team can run like they did today then some of the load is taken off of his shoulders. Its almost like after all the great seasons he's given the team, its time for them to pay him back by carrying him to the promised land.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
First off, I'm a huge fan of Romo and have defended him to no end. I'm not trying to start a long argumentative thread and this is just my opinion but I think he's about done. I don't think he makes it halfway through the season. He has no mobility and his arm is gone. I know I'm not the only one who noticed? Aikman had to see it. His back must really be bothering him and those injuries get worse, not better. I'm not a pessimistic person but I think this is his last year unless he makes some miraculous recovery. He looks almost like he's in pain out there............

He looked cautious to me. A lot of the under-throws were cautious throws. His mobility is not was it was at one time, but it's still better than some successful QBs in the league.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
I think his back his still bothering him. How is he going to heal while getting hit by 300lb lineman every week?

I'm sure it is. Again, it's going to time a few games, at least, until he's in full game shape. He was better than last week, and next week, I'm sure he'll be even better.

Brooksey

Reaction score

He's not the same Romo but his velocity was fine in the second half. His mobility is not the same but that may be a good thing. Our Running game looks terrific.

superonyx

Reaction score
I think Romo looked.........hold on let me check something......

He had a QB rating of 93 in a game where the other team was giving us the run and taking away the pass..........

I'm not sure we can really call his career dead after today.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
I think Romo looked.........hold on let me check something......

He had a QB rating of 93 in a game where the other team was giving us the run and taking away the pass..........

I'm not sure we can really call his career dead after today.

Exactly. On his second game back from back surgery he looked like I'd expect Romo to look. If our running game is going to continue to be this strong, it's exactly what's needed to ease him back in.

dfense

Reaction score

wow. Even when he plays an error free game and wins. No respect.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Makes me wonder how different his career might have been with better game management and O line.

d_dub88

Reaction score
I don't think Tony got enough work in TC and in the preseason. If he looks off after week 4 you maybe right.

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score

Dude, I respect Romo, but his receivers helped him a lot today. Many balls were caught at the ground. Don't put words in my mouth. Just my opinion so calm down...

SDCowboy

Reaction score
The bottom line is, the way our running game is going, it's exactly what is needed for Romo to ease back in without him having to force anything.

DejectedFan1996

Reaction score

Define error free. According to the stat sheet, yes it appears error free. But there were many plays in which his receivers had to go above and beyond just to make a play, no one is hit in stride, etc. There was a play to Dez, was a simply 5 yard pass and it took FOREVER for the ball to arrive. There was also a play that he checked out that was a run which could have been a pick six if not for Witten.

We all have respect for Romo, but people are expressing their opinions on what they see during the game.

rynochop

Reaction score
He looked cautious to me. A lot of the under-throws were cautious throws. His mobility is not was it was at one time, but it's still better than some successful QBs in the league.

That's what I thought too, was just nervous after last week and the picks. He was 9 of 13 for 80 yds or so and the td in the 2nd half. And that one drop on the last pass. He looked better.
As far as the mobility I only saw one sack that I thought Romo of a couple years ago could have escaped from. I'm not ready to write him off quite yet.

dfense

Reaction score
Define error free. According to the stat sheet, yes it appears error free. But there were many plays in which his receivers had to go above and beyond just to make a play, no one is hit in stride, etc. There was a play to Dez, was a simply 5 yard pass and it took FOREVER for the ball to arrive. There was also a play that he checked out that was a run which could have been a pick six if not for Witten.

We all have respect for Romo, but people are expressing their opinions on what they see during the game.

So some of his passes weren't right on target which equates to = He's done.

dfense

Reaction score
Dude, I respect Romo, but his receivers helped him a lot today. Many balls were caught at the ground. Don't put words in my mouth. Just my opinion so calm down...

Calm down? What? do I talk in caps?

I just laugh when Romo has a bad game there's 50,000 posts ripping the guy. He follows it up with a solid game and the first post I see is how he's all done anyway.

It's just typical Cowboy fans can't enjoy a well deserved team road win.

Hoov

Reaction score
I didn't get to watch the game. Can someone give an honest unbiased eval of his play involving specifics as to what he did well and what he did poorly ?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's what I thought too, was just nervous after last week and the picks. He was 9 of 13 for 80 yds or so and the td in the 2nd half. And that one drop on the last pass. He looked better.
As far as the mobility I only saw one sack that I thought Romo of a couple years ago could have escaped from. I'm not ready to write him off quite yet.

Yes, it's odd, but I was actually relieved on some of the sacks because that's better than an INT from a forced throw into coverage like last week.

dstovall5

Reaction score
Get back to us during week 17, if Romo still is playing like this then you'll have a legit point, at this moment in time there isn't one.

Wolfpack

Reaction score
Makes me wonder how different his career might have been with better game management and O line.

He'd be like Phil Sims with a ring if he had a good coach to keep him in check. The current brain trust doesn't know jack…..its so sad and messed up.