Am I the only one who thinks Dalton gets at least one start this year?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dak will get a few games to see if hes a long term option. If MM isnt convinced enough by midseason to ask Jerry to extend him, then it makes sense to look at other options. I dont see Dak returning in 2021 as a backup or even with genuine competition for the start. So it makes no sense to stay with him unless he looks like a probowl player.
:lmao2::lmao::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao::lmao::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak will start imploding from the Rams game and by week 6 don't be surprised if there is a change at QB.
Hey, Dak no Giants, Skins, Fins, to kick-off the season this time around....:(

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks he gets at least one start this year? You know the media is waiting to jump on this one as soon as dak begins to underperform... and I hate to say it but I think this current team could play better with a healthy Andy dalton... maybe I’m just crazy but I think dak is what is holding this offense back at times. Do I think dalton is the answer no... but I think his play style might fit this offense better.

Good to be back boys! It’s been a while!
If you know so much, why aren't you the head coach? What a dumb idea. Dak is the starter, he's earned it. Andy Dalton knows this.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Absolutely true. But do you think the team has a better shot with...

Dak vs Dalton playoff stats:
Games = 3 vs 4
TDs = 5 vs 1
Ints = 2 vs 6​

Dak lead offense in the Playoffs have scored: 31, 24 and 22 points
Dalton lead offense in the Playoffs have scored: 10, 13, 10 and 10 points​

So again, playoff wins are not just about the QB. But .... there can be a case made that Dalton may be one of (if not the) worst playoff QB in NFL history.

I'm all pro Dak. The guy who steps up big in 4th quarters. Haters are so concerned with Dak's accuracy, but ignore that for other QB's. Like Aikman (who I mention in Dak threads). Yes, Dalton isn't better than Dak. But for playoff wins, the entire team must play well to advance. Or no glaring holes.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dak will start imploding from the Rams game and by week 6 don't be surprised if there is a change at QB.
wishful thinking on your part, so I am going to highlight this post, in week 6....if you are wrong will you eat crow? or will you back track and spin like a troll? show us you got balls boy.....be a man or run like a little girl. which is it?

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
So if Dak looks terrible and clearly isnt the answer, you,'d stick with him for the rest of the year and then offer him an extension to return as a backup? :facepalm::banghead:

Really? With all the weapons on offense. Terrible as in what, 4 int's a game?

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

Define imploding? 10 int's?

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
No excuses this year. Great WRs, good coaching. No excuses.

We need Zeke to show up vs good defenses (unlike last year) too. Dak needs a consistent running game to move the chains. The offense isn't just about him alone.

pansophy

Reaction score
Unless they are certain they won’t be able to sign Dak and need to see Dalton in action to determine if they should sign him long term, I don’t see him playing.

playing Dalton can only raise his price though, so why would you do that.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Dak will get a few games to see if hes a long term option. If MM isnt convinced enough by midseason to ask Jerry to extend him, then it makes sense to look at other options. I dont see Dak returning in 2021 as a backup or even with genuine competition for the start. So it makes no sense to stay with him unless he looks like a probowl player.

Doesn't make sense to replace a QB who just threw for almost 5,000 yards on 65% completions. So, what resources do we have to find a better option (draft or free agent). As in BETTER. Any QB that replaces him has to be at least 68%-70% accuracy, and regularly can put up 5,000+ yards passing. Since Dak is so bad he needs to be replaced.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks he gets at least one start this year? You know the media is waiting to jump on this one as soon as dak begins to underperform... and I hate to say it but I think this current team could play better with a healthy Andy dalton... maybe I’m just crazy but I think dak is what is holding this offense back at times. Do I think dalton is the answer no... but I think his play style might fit this offense better.

Good to be back boys! It’s been a while!
:lmao2::lmao::lmao2::lmao:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The only way Dalton gets a start is if Dak is injured...fact!

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Absolutely true. But do you think the team has a better shot with...

Dak vs Dalton playoff stats:
Games = 3 vs 4
TDs = 5 vs 1
Ints = 2 vs 6​

Dak lead offense in the Playoffs have scored: 31, 24 and 22 points
Dalton lead offense in the Playoffs have scored: 10, 13, 10 and 10 points​

So again, playoff wins are not just about the QB. But .... there can be a case made that Dalton may be one of (if not the) worst playoff QB in NFL history.
Take dak back in time and put him on those cin teams, and he probably doesnt do any better than dalton.
He played for marvin who was actually worse than JG.
Dalton has never played for MM or the Cowboys, so no telling what he could or would do.
We will find out only if Dak cant play for some reason.
Judging players for what they did on another team is quite silly.

Swagger

Reaction score
I wonder if Prescott is looking forward to the Browns game...I hear someone has a warm welcome for him via the Falcons! :lmao::lmao2::laugh::muttley:

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
wishful thinking on your part, so I am going to highlight this post, in week 6....if you are wrong will you eat crow? or will you back track and spin like a troll? show us you got balls boy.....be a man or run like a little girl. which is it?
When the day dawns that I feel the need to prove to you anything is the day I will have lowered my existence on this Earth lower than a cockroach...now kiss that Dak poster over your bed and go see someone about that Field goal and 3 and out fetish you have!

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So if Dak looks terrible and clearly isnt the answer, you,'d stick with him for the rest of the year and then offer him an extension to return as a backup? :facepalm::banghead:
He will stick with Dak even if we go 0-16 bragging how he got us the # 1 pick overall in the Draft.:facepalm: