Am I wrong about Hurts?

cnuball21

Reaction score
Hurtz is getting more confident with each game. And that college style offense that Philly runs is simply hard to stop, because you always have to account for Hurtz running the ball too, and of course all the play action routes that come from those pistol and shotgun plays. The Cowboys aren't disciplined enough to stop the Eagles either, as they're still often out of place at the LOS.

I believe the Eagles will be a tough out in the playoffs, because they're O-line is good, their playcalling is not predictable, and their defensive line is damn good at rushing the passer with just 4. The Cowboys can't catch them, so the Cowboys will have to win a bunch of road games to get to the Superbowl...and with all these slow Cowboy starts, I just don't see it. A slow start, on the road, in the playoffs...it spells doom for the Cowboys. Not enough urgency from the first snap to win multiple playoff games in a row on the road.

Good post. After a good 1/2+ season of football I think the Eagles are a better team.

Just simply better built to make a Super Bowl run.

I think we could make a run if we get super hot down the stretch but Eagles will be tough to match.

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
Hurts plays for the Eagles and will never be judged by many here fairly.

He has worked really hard on his game and improved from last season.

It is really funny to see some discount him because of the team around him. Wonder what the think about Starr, Bradshaw, Montana, Aikman and Brady?
Especially Aikman. We were loaded.

aikemirv

Reaction score
You are nuts … Hurts is closer to Lamar Jackson than he is Tim Tebow.

Tayson Hill is “ Tebow like …. why is our fan base so insecure ?
Hurts looks to be a better passer than Lamar but not quite the same wheels. Hurts wheels however are pretty good. I am afraid we are going to have to worry about him for a lot of years.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
He’s a shiny too. Tebow. He couldnt pass against us and used his legs and the runnings to score. He’s literally at the same level as a passer.
Hurts is getting the job done on an Eagle's team that doesn't have a lot of holes. If Prescot can't shake the slow starts it won't matter what the Eagles do because the Boys will be one and done in the playoffs.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
He’s a shiny too. Tebow. He couldnt pass against us and used his legs and the runnings to score. He’s literally at the same level as a passer.
yeah you are dead wrong. Sound like a blind fool. Just look at the stats and records. Hurts can play and he has a great receiver to make plays for him.

DZSierra

Reaction score
Wonder what the think about Starr, Bradshaw, Montana, Aikman and Brady?

When you mention Starr, for myself, it's nothing but greatness. Same as Bradshaw, Montana, Aikman and Brady.

Funny thing, back in the 70's I HATED the cowboys (long story believe me but I'm a fan of the cowboys now), but I always respected and admired Roger Staubach, and IMO you should mention his name with those same players (although I didn't like Staubach and Landry back "then", you couldn't help but admire those men).

My uncle played on a NFL team in 1925 that was stripped of their national title by the NFL. Look it up. Other than playing football, my uncle was pretty much a poor coal miner...

Jimbo123

Reaction score
Again, football is a team sport.

A good QB I honestly believe is helped by his team mates.

You honestly think Brady's offensive line sucked, he had no running game or no receivers who could catch and make plays over the years? This is where it it up to the front office to build a team TOGETHER.

Dak is a good quarterback. He's 58-34 as a starter, and that's a bad record. The issue with Dak isn't Dak, but his front office because he's 1-3 in the playoffs in the last 5 years.

Hurts is 23-18-1 as a starter and lost one playoff game last year.

For whatever reason, the front office at the Eagles saw something in him (when at the time a lot of other people didn't) and went out and tried to get Hurts help. It's paying off this year for them. Thing is, who is getting Hurts help and who exactly is getting Dak help?

Could be worse though. Look at the Bronco's and the Browns. The only way the Browns don't go down in the history of the NFL as being the worst fleeced team in the league is if D. Watson doesn't win them a Super Bowl. End of the day, for better or worse, "greatness" isn't determined by your win loss record, but if you can win the big game. Brady is a great football player, but his front office always made certain he had the help around him IMO.
Hurts is not 23-18-1 as a starter. He only started 4 games in 2020. He is 21-11 as a starter. 17-3 last 20 games.

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
Good post. After a good 1/2+ season of football I think the Eagles are a better team.

Just simply better built to make a Super Bowl run.

I think we could make a run if we get super hot down the stretch but Eagles will be tough to match.

Yes, right now, the Eagles are just better. Better gameplans, more disciplined, better at exploiting mismatches...and are more creative offensively. And their defensive line can rush the passer too, and they rarely blitz.

With that running game and that sturdy defense, and AJ Brown carrying a huge chip on his shoulder, they're going to be a tough out in January.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
Lol. Dude you are so biased it’s amusing.

Yards per attempt. 2nd
Interception %. 2nd
QB rating. 3rd
QBR. 4th
Completion %. Tied for 4th
Completion % passes thrown >25 yes downfield. 1st

yea he sucks
Plus 9 rushing TDs

cnuball21

Reaction score
Yes, right now, the Eagles are just better. Better gameplans, more disciplined, better at exploiting mismatches...and are more creative offensively. And their defensive line can rush the passer too, and they rarely blitz.

With that running game and that sturdy defense, and AJ Brown carrying a huge chip on his shoulder, they're going to be a tough out in January.

Coaching and scheme aside, it's just a more talented roster. The Eagles are active and aggressive in FA and it has paid off.

DZSierra

Reaction score
Hurts is not 23-18-1 as a starter. He only started 4 games in 2020. He is 21-11 as a starter. 17-3 last 20 games.

Apologies...the key being "starter". I still came up with 20-11, but we're splitting hairs I realize.

Fact is, and I think we can both agree, he is tearing it up this year in his young career.

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
Coaching and scheme aside, it's just a more talented roster. The Eagles are active and aggressive in FA and it has paid off.

I agree, CNU, I agree. Thus, the Cowboys coaching staff would have to "out scheme" the Eagles to negate their talent advantage, or they would have to play above their heads. I just don't see it, especially not on the road. I don't see Kellen Moore calling an amazing 1st quarter from the first snap to put the Eagles on their heels early. And I don't see the defensive being able to be disciplined enough for 4 quarters to not get exposed by Philly's college-style offense with all those run/pass option plays.

Let's see the approach the Cowboys take against the Eagles in Dallas on Christmas Eve...which may be all we need to know with how well this coaching staff can prepare against their division-leading rival that they've already lost to.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Hurts is about on par with Jackson as a passer. The difference is he has weapons that can hit every level of a defense.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I agree, CNU, I agree. Thus, the Cowboys coaching staff would have to "out scheme" the Eagles to negate their talent advantage, or they would have to play above their heads. I just don't see it, especially not on the road. I don't see Kellen Moore calling an amazing 1st quarter from the first snap to put the Eagles on their heels early. And I don't see the defensive being able to be disciplined enough for 4 quarters to not get exposed by Philly's college-style offense with all those run/pass option plays.

Let's see the approach the Cowboys take against the Eagles in Dallas on Christmas Eve...which may be all we need to know with how well this coaching staff can prepare against their division-leading rival that they've already lost to.

On a positive we get them at home.

Any given Sunday.