Am I wrong about Hurts?

Jimbo123

Reaction score
Hurts is a very good playmaker, but up to now has lacked the consistency to be a high level starter. Will that change? I don't think so, but I guess it could.
Please explain his lack of consistency.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Hurts is a very good playmaker, but up to now has lacked the consistency to be a high level starter. Will that change? I don't think so, but I guess it could.

Yea, I’m not sure the light has just clicked for a similar player in the past.

Great runners that were mediocre throwers in the past have usually had very short shelf lives.

Jimbo123

Reaction score

cnuball21

Reaction score
What are you talking about? Check out THIS year's ratings. He has a higher passing rating than, Brady, Jackson, Murray, Herbert, Rogers, Burrows, Prescott, Mahomes, Allen, Garoppolo, and Cousins. He'll be All-Pro for sure.
https://www.nfl.com/stats/player-stats/category/passing/2022/REG/all/passingpasserrating/DESC

Are we ignoring how bad he’s been in the past? The last few years he’s been bottom of the barrel in EPA / play and CPOE. Like lower than some backups.

Sure, he’s having a great year but we’re going to have to see wayyyyyyyyyy more before he’s considered a top tier QB.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
Are we ignoring how bad he’s been in the past? The last few years he’s been bottom of the barrel in EPA / play and CPOE. Like lower than some backups.

Sure, he’s having a great year but we’re going to have to see wayyyyyyyyyy more before he’s considered a top tier QB.
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

ryanbabs

Reaction score
I’ll never understand how an Eagles fan can spend so much of their precious time hanging out on a Cowboys forum.

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
Must improve as a passer. Might be on the way.
Lol. You are hysterical.

Hurts passer rating thru 12 games is over 108. Dak’s best passer rating for a season is 104.9.

you act like he is an 8 year vet … He had a mediocre year 1 as a starter in a new system. He might be, after today, the MVP favourite.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
I'd love to criticize his weaknesses this year but I don't see any. Brown has fixed his weaknesses to this point. He reminds me of a taller stronger Russell Wilson. Teams of tried blitzing him and paid. There's a reason they don't.

DZSierra

Reaction score
Again, football is a team sport.

A good QB I honestly believe is helped by his team mates.

You honestly think Brady's offensive line sucked, he had no running game or no receivers who could catch and make plays over the years? This is where it it up to the front office to build a team TOGETHER.

Dak is a good quarterback. He's 58-34 as a starter, and that's a bad record. The issue with Dak isn't Dak, but his front office because he's 1-3 in the playoffs in the last 5 years.

Hurts is 23-18-1 as a starter and lost one playoff game last year.

For whatever reason, the front office at the Eagles saw something in him (when at the time a lot of other people didn't) and went out and tried to get Hurts help. It's paying off this year for them. Thing is, who is getting Hurts help and who exactly is getting Dak help?

Could be worse though. Look at the Bronco's and the Browns. The only way the Browns don't go down in the history of the NFL as being the worst fleeced team in the league is if D. Watson doesn't win them a Super Bowl. End of the day, for better or worse, "greatness" isn't determined by your win loss record, but if you can win the big game. Brady is a great football player, but his front office always made certain he had the help around him IMO.

IslandCowboy

Reaction score
Bottom line I would take Hurts over Dak in a heartbeat. Maybe Hurts will flake out but right now he is the clear MVP candidate. I hate the Eagles more than any other team, but it's the truth.

sandbridge77

Reaction score
Again, football is a team sport.

A good QB I honestly believe is helped by his team mates.

You honestly think Brady's offensive line sucked, he had no running game or no receivers who could catch and make plays over the years? This is where it it up to the front office to build a team TOGETHER.

Dak is a good quarterback. He's 58-34 as a starter, and that's a bad record. The issue with Dak isn't Dak, but his front office because he's 1-3 in the playoffs in the last 5 years.

Hurts is 23-18-1 as a starter and lost one playoff game last year.

For whatever reason, the front office at the Eagles saw something in him (when at the time a lot of other people didn't) and went out and tried to get Hurts help. It's paying off this year for them. Thing is, who is getting Hurts help and who exactly is getting Dak help?

Could be worse though. Look at the Bronco's and the Browns. The only way the Browns don't go down in the history of the NFL as being the worst fleeced team in the league is if D. Watson doesn't win them a Super Bowl. End of the day, for better or worse, "greatness" isn't determined by your win loss record, but if you can win the big game. Brady is a great football player, but his front office always made certain he had the help around him IMO.

so you’re saying Dak has no help?

Legendz82

Reaction score
Huh come again? You realize he is a front runner for MVP right? I would think you would have to be consistent all year long for that.

Legendz82

Reaction score
Todays great performance changes nothing of what my entire point was.

Because it was a terrible point. Look at Josh Allen’s year 2 to year 3 numbers. This is Hurts second year as a full time starter. People act like he played 10 years and didn’t change his mechanics under Tom house this off season, just like Allen did after year 2 with Jordan Palmer. Allen had 52% completion percentage his first year. I am almost sure it was bellow 60% year 2. Year 3 he made his move. People that work at their craft can improve. Hurts been very consistent all year long.