News: Amari’s Shockingly High Contract Demands Debunked

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-co...contract-demand-never-happened-131890361/Amp/

Was a bit surprised when the original story came out, this sounds more true.

I'm going with 5 years and $85 million on this one.
:thumbup:

I think that ultimately, all three of Dak, Cooper, and Zeke will get their paydays, and be paid very well, but none of them will demand to be the highest paid at their positions and will take slightly less in an effort to make sure they all do get paid and stay in Dallas.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-co...contract-demand-never-happened-131890361/Amp/

Was a bit surprised when the original story came out, this sounds more true.

bb712a75-650d-4e59-a56e-d17d27c110f4_text.gif

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is no accountability in sports journalism because fans do not demand it and will continue to support that network, publication or internet source. When the reporter had to admit and apologize for the fabricated story about Michael Sam, when he was a Ram, on ESPN and they did nothing about an out and out lie, that told us all we need to know. Lying seems to be an acceptable path in sports journalism. I did my part and have not watched that channel since that happened except for MNF and college games.

Honesty and integrity have become just words in the quest for gold.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I think that ultimately, all three of Dak, Cooper, and Zeke will get their paydays, and be paid very well, but none of them will demand to be the highest paid at their positions and will take slightly less in an effort to make sure they all do get paid and stay in Dallas.
I think they will get every dime they think they can get and staying in Dallas is not the priority. And that's fine, it is professional football and more about the money than anything else.

Mr_437

Reaction score

I agree with those numbers, puts #19 in a good spot.

Can any Cowboys negotiations with a high profile player be done without public reports at every turn or non turn (in this case)?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think they will get every dime they think they can get and staying in Dallas is not the priority. And that's fine, it is professional football and more about the money than anything else.

I disagree.

Lawrence was well paid, but not at the tops.

Prescott will be well paid, but not at the tops.

And I expect the same will happen for Cooper, well paid, but not at the top.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is no accountability in sports journalism because fans do not demand it and will continue to support that network, publication or internet source. When the reporter had to admit and apologize for the fabricated story about Michael Sam, when he was a Ram, on ESPN and they did nothing about an out and out lie, that told us all we need to know. Lying seems to be an acceptable path in sports journalism. I did my part and have not watched that channel since that happened except for MNF and college games.

Honesty and integrity have become just words in the quest for gold.

:espn:

The only thing I watch on that entire network all year is Monday Night Football, because there is no alternative. In fact< I have even removed their radio station from my Sirius/XM channel presets and never even listen to them.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
I wish we would learn. A few weeks ago we were reading all these articles about DLaw and 3/4 of this forum hated him and wanted him gone!!

Then, the contract was signed and it was a fair deal. Good for both sides.

Seriously guys, realize that in 2019 most media is crap.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I wish we would learn. A few weeks ago we were reading all these articles about DLaw and 3/4 of this forum hated him and wanted him gone!!

Then, the contract was signed and it was a fair deal. Good for both sides.

Seriously guys, realize that in 2019 most media is crap.

True however when these contract negations stretch out for a while and both sides use the media ,things get said that will piss off fans. Of course, fans react to some of these comments. I have seen some bitter contract negations like Emmitt Smith and Tony Dorsett 2 that come to mind where fans lashed out because of the comments being made. In the end these deals more times than not get completed and the team and player bury the hatchet and move on.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I disagree.

Lawrence was well paid, but not at the tops.

Prescott will be well paid, but not at the tops.

And I expect the same will happen for Cooper, well paid, but not at the top.
But too many in the top 5 paid at that position and this team better be very healthy and a drafting demon because they will need the balance of first contracts to offset these others. They had that with Prescott, Elliott and Lawrence last season. I don't care what any of them make, my concern is seeing players that leave because they can't keep them but I am in the minority in my opinion about the importance of Lord Byron to this defense. I see the best DB on the team as more of a critical factor than a 13-15M RB, but that's just me.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just another reminder that "truth in news reporting", nor "truth in advertising" no longer exists as it once did.
And there are no consequences for either. Just like it is a FCC violation for networks to jack the volume on commercials, they do it and the FCC looks the other way.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But too many in the top 5 paid at that position and this team better be very healthy and a drafting demon because they will need the balance of first contracts to offset these others. They had that with Prescott, Elliott and Lawrence last season. I don't care what any of them make, my concern is seeing players that leave because they can't keep them but I am in the minority in my opinion about the importance of Lord Byron to this defense. I see the best DB on the team as more of a critical factor than a 13-15M RB, but that's just me.

And your opinion carries as much weight as any of us. I'd let Jones walk and hope to have a replacement ready.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Relevant of nothing, I stopped on Wilshire and Beverly Glen yesterday and a guy next to me in a Maserati was looking me. It was that "is this guy going to bother me" look that celebrities give people (people who don't even recognize them BTW). I held back to let him pull ahead and his license plate was "AB 33". He was way to young to be Antonio Bryant so I googled a picture of Antonio Brown and it was him.

John813

Reaction score
This reminds me of that article about Hill signing a behavior contract. Journalism has become so reckless.

It's all about getting clicks, and shock journalism(clickbate) gets more clicks sadly.
From the big dogs to the small blog websites.

Add in with social media, you can have these nobodies that proclaim BS to get followers.

conner01

Reaction score

I think that’s gonna be about the price