Amari Cooper and the Antonio Brown Trade

Brooksey

Reaction score
Lets not forget the steelers system pump out wr's that dont seem to fair as well out of that system. I like AB. But big ben and carr are two different qb's. Lets see how he do in the raiders system. How long before he call Carr out?

We're projecting a drop in production from downtown AB. He's not going to catch 100-120 balls and score 15 TD's in Oakland. Maybe 80 balls and 8 td's, which is not bad but not the #1 WR in the NFL any longer. It's Amari Coopers turn, he's turning 25

Rayman70

Reaction score
Derek Carr is not as good as Dak and I predict the Raiders will learn quickly, that without a good QB to get the rock to Brown, the trade means nothing. Brown will rue the day he went to Oakland and Gruden will too. Losing Cooper was stupid. All the Raiders had to do was admit Carr isn't their guy, and move on...but Gruden screwed the pooch by sticking with him.Did I mention the oline sucks? lol...

CWR

Reaction score
AB is either consistently getting catches, yards, or TDs. AB last season had a TD in every game outside of 4 (he didn't play in week 17). In 2017 he had 7 100+ yard games and a 200+ yard game. In 2015 he had 9 100+ yard games and a near 300 yard game. In 2014 he had 7 100+ yard games.

This isn't inflating - the guy is consistently a reliable target that gets you yards and points. And Brown doesn't get on speed, he gets by on route running which can greatly prolong a career (see Larry Fitzgerald)

Thats great, but your minimizing his point on their age difference.

Most can agree AB is and has been a better player than Coop.

The question is how long can he remain at such a high level? I also think the drop off at QB and not having one a stud like Lev Bell needs to he factored in.

At the end of the day I bet Coop out produces AB the next few years.

Gameover

Reaction score
False equivalence in many people’s analysis of the two trades

The Brandin Cooks trade is more comparable

And when you talk about who won or loss remember, the Cowboys don’t make the playoffs without that trade.

And you’re crazy if you think the Cowboys would’ve given up a first, new contract, for a 31 year old troublemaker.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Thats great, but your minimizing his point on their age difference.

Most can agree AB is and has been a better player than Coop.

The question is how long can he remain at such a high level? I also think the drop off at QB and not having one a stud like Lev Bell needs to he factored in.

At the end of the day I bet Coop out produces AB the next few years.

Except people are not, and some are saying he's a top flight WR. He's not - he's a middling WR who is inconsistent until proven otherwise.

And how long were Rice, Owens, and Moss good for? He could have 3-4 more elite seasons in him and still be decently productive after that before retiring.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
apples to lamps comparison. One was a miserable pain in the butt that was distraction and is 31 years old, the other is a 24 year old star who does nothing but make plays and keeps his mouth shut.

conner01

Reaction score
The Brown move is all about short term results. They will be out of that contract in two years. But the move helps them to remain relevant while they stock pile assets and young talent. They will probably be very active in FA too with players they only intend to pay the guaranteed amount too
Agree, but they really had an opportunity to totally rebuild instead of trying to stay relevant
If Carr is the future I see the logic but Gruden doesn’t appear to think he is, and if he’s not this hurts the chances of getting that guy next year