Amari Cooper and the Antonio Brown Trade

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
3 pro bowls in 4 years and an All Pro appearance.

Yeah really underachieving for a top 5 pick.....
A top five WR draft pick should be right behind AB or the best overall WR in the game. He hasn’t sniffed that status and pro bowls are worthless now just ask Dak. I like Coop and he is a very good WR he’s just not top five at his own position.

Brooksey

Reaction score
No we didn't.

We did well on our end, the Raiders just did much better after all is said and done.

It's OK to concede the truth.

We'll see how it plays out, but the Las Vegas Raiders youth movement just took a weird turn and it's my opinion they did it to save face. Gruden never thought Amari would explode at Dallas they were embarrassed

HungryLion

Reaction score
A top five WR draft pick should be right behind AB or the best overall WR in the game. He hasn’t sniffed that status and pro bowls are worthless now just ask Dak. I like Coop and he is a very good WR he’s just not top five at his own position.

You have an overly inflated thought on what happens with draft picks. Nearly half of top 5 picks just outright bust.

Cooper is really really good and still young. He was worth the pick. And EASILY worth the #27 pick.

Brooksey

Reaction score

He used to be a top 5 WR, so was Jerry Rice and Randy Moss, what's your point? You think those numbers are going to continue at 31 after he just got all that money? Lol

Last edited:

HungryLion

Reaction score
I will LOL if the Raiders select a bust with the first they got off us.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Brown is a top 3 wr. cooper is a top 10 wr. But cooper isnt a distraction like brown turned out the be last year and is younger.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score

Word is from the Raiders media guy that joined the Draft show is the Raiders would probably go after a WR in free agency and will probably address the defense early in the draft and look at offense in the later first round and on...AB was the big move maybe another WR at 27 or later.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Show me a thread where I ever cheerlead for this front office bro, we haven't won a damn thing in 25 years. Fact is we got the better of this deal, IMO.

Well at the time of the trade, old chucky was expecting another top 10 pick and at that rate we were going that was looking like a top 7 pick for sure to go along with there top 5 pick.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
You have an overly inflated thought on what happens with draft picks. Nearly half of top 5 picks just outright bust.

Cooper is really really good and still young. He was worth the pick. And EASILY worth the #27 pick.

I think it’s a classic Raiders move.

It makes no sense. They aren’t going to be competing anytime soon. The Raiders QB situation is unclear with Carr. I don’t see how AB is okay with this other than it just being a pure money grab.

Frankly, as a Cowboys fan I’m just glad he didn’t end up on the Eagles which would have made more football sense.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score

Really really good isn’t top five. You just retracted all your statements with that comment and cemented mine. He is really really good and I still don’t agree with the compensation the boys gave up to get him and when the number WR in the game only brings back a 3&5 not sure you don’t have much else to go on. I’m pretty sure most scouts, owners, and fans would argue a top five pick “should” be at the top of their respective position or a very close second. As you point out if they don’t meet those expectations they weren’t worthy of being picked so high.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
He used to be a top 5 WR, so was Jerry Rice and Randy Moss, what's your point? You think those numbers are going to continue at 31 after he just got all that money? Lol
He’s the best WR in the game until proven otherwise. Your bringing nothing but your opinion. Check out the stats.

Brooksey

Reaction score
Brown is a top 3 wr. cooper is a top 10 wr. But cooper isnt a distraction like brown turned out the be last year and is younger.

Antonio Brown was the #1 WR, best in the league last 5 years. He's turning 31 and has been "paid", interesting to see what he does. Most likely a drop off in production

HungryLion

Reaction score
Really really good isn’t top five. You just retracted all your statements with that comment and cemented mine. He is really really good and I still don’t agree with the compensation the boys gave up to get him and when the number WR in the game only brings back a 3&5 not sure you don’t have much else to go on. I’m pretty sure most scouts, owners, and fans would argue a top five pick “should” be at the top of their respective position or a very close second. As you point out if they don’t meet those expectations they weren’t worthy of being picked so high.

I didn’t retract anything or cement anything of yours. But ok......

Cooper is an all pro level receiver. He has been to an all pro. He has made the pro bowl 3 out of 4 seasons. The only season he hasn’t was one where he was injured. Any front office would be satisfied with that level of play from somebody who was drafted with any pick......

Top 5 picks bust all the time and never live up to expectations. You’re talking as if they are a sure thing which is far from the truth.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Word is from the Raiders media guy that joined the Draft show is the Raiders would probably go after a WR in free agency and will probably address the defense early in the draft and look at offense in the later first round and on...AB was the big move maybe another WR at 27 or later.
Not surprising as they should be aggressive with all those early picks. They do have a lot of work to do though.

Brooksey

Reaction score
He’s the best WR in the game until proven otherwise. Your bringing nothing but your opinion. Check out the stats.

We're talking about two different things. You're talking about past production, I'm projecting future performance for an aging 31 year old WR who just got paid and has an attitude problem. Let me know if you need some visual graphics/charts etc.

HungryLion

Reaction score

The other players taken top 5 in the same draft as Amari Cooper:

Jameis Winston
Marcus Mariota
Dante Fowler
Brandon Scherff

Amari Cooper was the best player taken in the top 5, the year he was drafted.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I think it’s a classic Raiders move.

It makes no sense. They aren’t going to be competing anytime soon. The Raiders QB situation is unclear with Carr. I don’t see how AB is okay with this other than it just being a pure money grab.

Frankly, as a Cowboys fan I’m just glad he didn’t end up on the Eagles which would have made more football sense.

They have the cap space and the picks - this move is really only a positive for them.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
I didn’t retract anything or cement anything of yours. But ok......

Cooper is an all pro level receiver. He has been to an all pro. He has made the pro bowl 3 out of 4 seasons. The only season he hasn’t was one where he was injured. Any front office would be satisfied with that level of play from somebody who was drafted with any pick......

Top 5 picks bust all the time and never live up to expectations. You’re talking as if they are a sure thing which is far from the truth.
Actually you did and there is a big difference between all pro and pro bowl. One is legit and the other one is a worthless accolade in today’s game. It is what it is the boys paid too much for a really really good WR while the raiders get a 1 and the best WR in the game today.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
2-3 years is all Gruden needs from Brown.
Most veteran contracts basically have a shelf-life of two years. Rarely does any player see the third, fourth and fifth years of their contract other than a QB.

To pretend that Amari Cooper will be playing and still a Cowboy six years from now is not being realistic.

Apples and oranges. But whatever we need to feel good about ourselves. Go for it.