Twitter: Amari Cooper expected to play in N.O

Doomsday77

Reaction score
So who exactly is "expecting" Coop to travel to NO? Ed Werder or the source? I'm confused. Would love to hear this from the F.O.

BermyStar

Reaction score
Wow that’s huge news for us.
Yesterday I saw an insider saying it was a toss up.
With both Cooper and Lamb on the field I feel much better about the offense. If the O-line can play well we can win this.

I would feel much better overall if we had D-Law and Randy both coming back this week as well but I guess Randy won’t be in till the following game.
We can beat the Saints with our offense healthy, no problem. Having RG back next week, hence a near fully healthy team, we can compete with anyone. The end of season run should be fun.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
We can beat the Saints with our offense healthy, no problem. Having RG back next week, hence a near fully healthy team, we can compete with anyone. The end of season run should be fun.
Both Gregory and Gallimore are expected to return against WFT.. Pretty much all of the starters on both sides of the ball should be a go in that game.

BermyStar

Reaction score
Both Gregory and Gallimore are expected to return against WFT.. Pretty much all of the starters on both sides of the ball should be a go in that game.
Thanks for that. I was unsure about Gallimore so didn't want to post. That's as good a time as any to get rolling and build up steam heading into the playoffs.

This last few weeks sucks, but this league is very momentum based, in game and throughout a season. A lot of teams catch fire late in the season and make noise. Hope that's us this year.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No sh.. I don't think he will be anywhere near 100% though.. at least not in terms of aerobic conditioning. The disease which shall not be named attacks the respiratory system first and foremost. Coop will not be able to play 50 snaps in this game.. The Cowboys need to pick their spots and spell him often.. A fresh Cooper is a mismatch for any of the Saints corners.. So if we can get 20 fresh snaps out of him that might make all the difference. I would try to get as much as I can out of him in the first quarter.. because we don't know how the disease which shall not be named will affect his recovery time.
It's a lot more palatable to have him play limited snaps when we have both Lamb and Gallup in there.

Aulac

Reaction score
Finally some good news for once! Would have been an L otherwise.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
No sh.. I don't think he will be anywhere near 100% though.. at least not in terms of aerobic conditioning. The disease which shall not be named attacks the respiratory system first and foremost. Coop will not be able to play 50 snaps in this game.. The Cowboys need to pick their spots and spell him often.. A fresh Cooper is a mismatch for any of the Saints corners.. So if we can get 20 fresh snaps out of him that might make all the difference. I would try to get as much as I can out of him in the first quarter.. because we don't know how the disease which shall not be named will affect his recovery time.

It depends. I had it and after a couple of days I would not have been limited. I was vaxxed, though, so severity maybe different.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
It depends. I had it and after a couple of days I would not have been limited. I was vaxxed, though, so severity maybe different.

Could you have run 30-40 sprints up and down a football field? BTW my son who was 36 had it and he said basically that it knocked him on his butt for a couple of days but being a world class athlete (he is a nationally ranked ju jitsu competitor) he powered through it and was fine.. But I think he was also vaccinated. It hits everybody differently.. but we have a lot of evidence that the vax significantly reduces the symptoms and after effects.. All the more reason to get the shot IMHO. But to each his own.