Audio: Amari Cooper Interview on 105.3 The Fan

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I listened to it live on G-Bag Nation and I didn’t come away with “shots fired at Dak”. I came away thinking shots fired at Kellen Moore and the plays being called.
Yeah I heard it live he slipped up and said how they felt about the play calling but took it back……

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
I listened to it live on G-Bag Nation and I didn’t come away with “shots fired at Dak”. I came away thinking shots fired at Kellen Moore and the plays being called.

Yep, Amari spitting facts. KM needs to get his mojo back. The guy is calling plays like the Cowboys are shorthanded.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
How can you blame KM for not calling plays that right now our QB cannot complete? He has zero confidence in Dak's mental/physical abilities and I frankly don't blame him. And until our running game opens back up, teams will force Dak to make throws he isn't comfortable in making

dlobell

Reaction score
I guess some fans don’t realize how play calling works
Dak doesn’t call plays
Each play has reads and Dak goes thru the reads
Only thing he does is decide whether we run the pass or run that Moore called
But does he actually go through his reads? Doesn’t seem that way

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
How can you blame KM for not calling plays that right now our QB cannot complete? He has zero confidence in Dak's mental/physical abilities and I frankly don't blame him. And until our running game opens back up, teams will force Dak to make throws he isn't comfortable in making
The weak spot at QB will be the reason this team doesn't reach it's goals.

Kellen Moore isn't the problem.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Just re-listened to the interview. Amari was definitely tipping his hand that Kellen seems to be micro-managing to the point it’s suffocating the offense; Al la Jason Garrett.

This is part of Moore's education as an OC. He definitely has a creative mind for calling plays, but thats only 50% of the job. He has a ways to go.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Yes, it's a radio show, but we clearly see you picking your snuff.

Holy Crap that dude on the left is a a video in himself on how Covid is spread . Pickin his nose rolling it in his fingers then biting on his thumb nail for 10 minutes all while touching everything . What a smacked glass

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
6:50

Exactly what we have been seeing from this offense for 5 years. He even suggests trying harder to score from outside the redzone because they have so much trouble scoring from inside the redzone.

Blackrain

Reaction score
When things would bog down Dak used to be able to use his legs and get us a fresh set of downs in the RED ZONE . Now that he is playing scared we settle for FGs just like Amari said and that wont cut it against better teams .

Im just hoping not to see Dak curl up in the fetal position like Romo then I will know all hope is lost . Really thought Dak would be the last player to lose his edge but it has happened . Rocky got his eye of the tiger back hope Dak can do the same or the off season will be here fast

Blackrain

Reaction score
6:50

Exactly what we have been seeing from this offense for 5 years. He even suggests trying harder to score from outside the redzone because they have so much trouble scoring from inside the redzone.

Very bad when your #1 WR has no confidence in the play calling and execution in the Red Zone .

JayFord

Reaction score
for a 10-4 team the media is acting like theyre 4-10 all i hear is the offense is slumping the qb is slumping

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Amari is not wrong.

The short yardage & goal line offense has been lacking recently.

Whether it's play calling or Dak...they just aren't very efficient

Blackrain

Reaction score
That’s because the offense has been awful for over a month.

Exactly we are winning in spite of ourselves . If it wasnt for other teams being ravaged by injury and covid we would be getting our butts handed to us .

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Exactly we are winning in spite of ourselves . If it wasnt for other teams being ravaged by injury and covid we would be getting our butts handed to us .

We aren’t playing very good QBs.

But to be fair we held Mahomes to 19 points on the road with no Lawrence or Gregory.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Wow, shots fired at Dak.
Did you listen? Wasn't a shot at anyone but if you want to twist it that way, it would be more of a shot at Moore unless you think Dak is changing plays at the LOS every time they get into the red zone. He didn't talk about being open and not being looked at in the patterns that are actually being run he specifically talked about how the OC has to look at the play calling from a holistic approach and not just a WR perspective and how they only run plays in the games that they practice during the week. I suspect he'll get his wish this week. Let's see how it goes.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Along with the quote Risen provided, here are other quotes that stood out to me.

Amari said that the offense knows what plays they're going to run in the upcoming game. "So you would know during the course of the week how much you're going to get targeted." (Could this explain why the Cowboys receivers seem lackadaisical on some plays?)

"I do think in red zone situations I think can do more to make us more explosive." (A criticism of play calling)

"We're moving the ball well (but) three against great teams is not a guarantee victory." (Amari appears frustrated the Cowboys are settling for three instead of six, and that's going to hurt them against great teams.)

"We have to execute better in the red area because it's harder to score down there." (Amari basically said that the Cowboys are running against two high safeties but should be passing because the safeties are susceptible to double moves. It appears he doesn't think Moore is comfortable throwing against the single high safety look.)

"(We need to) tune in on the details in red area or (call) more explosive plays outside the red area - it's either one of the two."

Sounds like Amari is unhappy with the play calling, yet he acknowledges Moore sees the bigger picture. Maybe the edict from McCarthy is to play it conservatively with this team because of our defense. But it's not sitting well with the offense, at least not to Cooper, or so it seems.