Amari Cooper new Dez Bryant

kevm3

Reaction score
Dak can’t make it work with Dez or cooper

meanwhile romo made it work with Laurent Robinson and Patrick crayton

What didn't Dak 'make work',. Didn't he break several records this year offensively? Didn't he break the TD record for the cowboys?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
To cover up for Dak and his 40mil contract, we keep scapegoating good players. First it was Dez Bryant who was the all-time leader in TDs for the Cowboys, now we are scapegoating Amari Cooper.

How many more WRs have to be sacrificed to cover up Dak Prescott's throwing inability.

No one is scapegoating Cooper he is still a very good WR, this move is all about the cap. As for dez, his game was heading downhill, let me ask you, where did he go after Dallas? and what impact did he make? None. He was washed up and no longer could do the job. Thankfully he did leave while his reputation was still in tact, because you people would be raking him over the coals, for his crap play

kevm3

Reaction score
Amari's getting cut or traded because apparently he did something that has angered the FO and he has that huge contract, so he's getting the blame shifted on him for 'being lazy' or some such thing. I'm thinking him missing a couple of games during a critical juncture in the season got the FO mad.

dfense

Reaction score
Just watch some game replays from the camera behind the QB showing his perspective. You can see receivers break open all the time. The QB's head is generally pointed in one direction. A predetermined direction.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
yep he got dez'ed. you can't complain about your baby dak not being able to get you the ball and expect to be on the team next year. beasley'ed too. "we're open baby dak, open your eyes and quit running around in circles into sacks"

ghst187

Reaction score
Wrong. I'd love for to to provide HALF of the "every play" in your claim.

literally said that because I just saw a film breakdown showing how bad it really was….I’ll refind it since you seem to be so offended that Dak was the real issue

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
literally said that because I just saw a film breakdown showing how bad it really was….I’ll refind it since you seem to be so offended that Dak was the real issue
Prescott didn't have an issue with other WRs including Schultz, but sure, blame Prescott. Still waiting for your "open almost every play."
Keep it simple, just do 2021 passing plays which was around 650 plays. So 325 plays should be easy, right?

morasp

Reaction score
And it looks like he's the newest wasted first round pick.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
If Dak has the inability to throw... why is he only on of five other quarterbacks in NFL history to put up a certain amount of numbers in their first 5 years???

There have been thousands of quarterbacks in a 100 year football history. There are only 5 quarterbacks who put up a certain amount of yards/tds in their first 5 years that the other thousands of quarterbacks in 100 years couldn't do.

But you call that "inability to throw"?? Hmmmm....
Because of the way the NFL has evolved.Pass,pass,pass.In the next several yrs those amt/yds/TD in 1st 5 yrs will be broken by several more QB’s because the way the game is played today.Some of the great QB’s only threw 20- 30 times a game,nowadays it’s not uncommon for 40- 50 attempts a game.So that record is a product of evolution, not necessarily great play.Also, the NFL is so geared towards offense.Defenders can’t even breath on a player anymore w/out a penalty being called.

Last edited:
Reactions: ICP

GINeric

Reaction score
Because of the way the NFL has evolved.Pass,pass,pass.In the next several yrs those amt/yds/TD in 1st 5 yrs will be broken by several more QB’s because the way the game is played today.Some of the great QB’s only threw 20- 30 times a game,nowadays it’s not uncommon for 40- 50 attempts a game.So that record is a product of evolution, not necessarily great play.Also, the NFL is so geared towards offense.Defenders can’t even breath on a player anymore w/out a penalty being called.

The league has been a passing league for what now, 15 or 20 years??? In that time frame there has only been 2 quarterbacks that has put up those milestone numbers in their first 5 years. That's Russell Wilson and DAK PRESCOTT.

So out of the last 15 to 20 years of more modern day passing, there have been hundreds of quarterbacks who got drafted into the NFL, so according to your "passing league" logic, shouldn't there be more than just 2 quarterbacks out of hundreds of quarterbacks to have been able to do what Wilson and Prescott have done???

Or will the next excuse be... the league somehow bent the rules for only Dak and Russell to have put up those numbers that hundreds of other quarterbacks drafted in this same "new passing league" couldn't do in their first 5 years??

I'll wait....

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
The front office has been looking for scapegoats ever since the playoff loss.

Sadly...the guys that should be jettisoned...Anthony Brown...Conner Williams....lack of defensive run stopping DTs....aren't big enough names to satisfy the bloodlust.

Jerry needs someone that will grab headlines...to take the heat off this front office.

ghst187

Reaction score
Prescott didn't have an issue with other WRs including Schultz, but sure, blame Prescott. Still waiting for your "open almost every play."
Keep it simple, just do 2021 passing plays which was around 650 plays. So 325 plays should be easy, right?

cant find the video focusing on how many hundred times Dak just doesn’t even see Amari open but here’s one showing with film how Dak was just not good second half of the season. Amari’s numbers are a reflection of that also…he can’t throw it to himself and literally every person who follows football admits Amari is one of the top route runners in the game.

same Amari as this:
https://thelandryhat.com/2019/11/16/dallas-cowboys-amari-cooper-pff-highest/amp/

2.9% drop rate:
[URL]https://www.rotowire.com/football/player.php?id=10055

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/20...per-top-10-outperforming-expected-catch-rate/

Game logs show a distinct correlation to Amari’s targets and yards and wins[/URL]
[URL]https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CoopAm00/gamelog/2021/advanced/[/URL]

You can blindly love Dak all you want but it’s beyond any reason, or stat, or eyeball test to say he wasn’t good second half of the season. You can pull my post history, I like Dak. But I have to admit he wasn’t good after the injury. And now we are scapegoating probably our first or second best talent at any position on the roster. Not saying Amari is Calvin Johnson or Randy Miss, but everyone seems to have forgotten how bad the passing game was before we acquired Amari. https://thelandryhat.com/2019/11/16/dallas-cowboys-amari-cooper-pff-highest/amp/

jay94

Reaction score
You can cut Amari Cooper or trade him, but to publicly calling him out, leaking info as sources about him missing in action etc kind of bs is pathetic. This is exactly what was done to Dez now we are seeing same to Amari Cooper. Same style marriage, names changed, same divorce, same attorney. Same groom (Mr Prescott).

Difference is Amari will still be very productive. I know no one will like hearing it, but Romo made Dez better, have really yet seen to much Dak elevating players, aka anticipation, making no name receivers named.