Amari Cooper + Salt Bae

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Exactly. Tag Cooper. Let Cooper walk. Sign Gallup. A slightly less player at half the cost with CeeDee stepping in to be the guy.

Of course they should do it your way so the team can have UFAs playing backup T, 6th rounders playing S, and scrubs at DT every year.
Again the tag wasnt available. Prescott was getting the tag.

If you think Gallup is going to get half of what Cooper did, you are crazy. I doubt Gallup would extend now for less that 18 million a year. He'd get more than that on the open market next year. He might even get as much as Cooper. Coopers guarenteed is up soon, so he will likely be willing to renegotiate his contract for more guarenteed. That will lower his per year. So its likely Gallup winds up being more expensive than Cooper.

Jipper

Reaction score
that was a tasty looking experience....dont think i would have eaten it off the blade either but sure must have been a very tasty meal

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Again the tag wasnt available. Prescott was getting the tag.

If you think Gallup is going to get half of what Cooper did, you are crazy. I doubt Gallup would extend now for less that 18 million a year. He'd get more than that on the open market next year. He might even get as much as Cooper. Coopers guarenteed is up soon, so he will likely be willing to renegotiate his contract for more guarenteed. That will lower his per year. So its likely Gallup winds up being more expensive than Cooper.
You must have misunderstood every post I have made on Dak and the contract. I think they should have locked him up a couple years ago hence the tag would have been available. Gallup is not getting a contract anywhere near Cooper’s.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You must have misunderstood every post I have made on Dak and the contract. I think they should have locked him up a couple years ago hence the tag would have been available. Gallup is not getting a contract anywhere near Cooper’s.
Prescott isn't the subject of the debate. We arent debating whether we should have signed Prescott. I think everyone knows we should have.

Borderline #1's and #2 WR's are getting tagged. Of Galloday, Robinson and Goodwin didn't, they were all projected to top Coopers deal. Very little to know chance Gallup signs his next contract for less than 18 per year. Id take Cooper at 20 over Gallup at 18 all day.

On top of that Cooper is likely to renegotiate his contract to get more guaranteed money. This will lower his cap hits

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Prescott isn't the subject of the debate. We arent debating whether we should have signed Prescott. I think everyone knows we should have.

Borderline #1's and #2 WR's are getting tagged. Of Galloday, Robinson and Goodwin didn't, they were all projected to top Coopers deal. Very little to know chance Gallup signs his next contract for less than 18 per year. Id take Cooper at 20 over Gallup at 18 all day.

On top of that Cooper is likely to renegotiate his contract to get more guaranteed money. This will lower his cap hits
Oh so you decide the parameters of debate?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Oh so you decide the parameters of debate?
If you want to call it that. I wouldn't. You have ignored almost every point I made. And the ones you did addressed, you dismissed without any substance. Not exactly Socratic.

You said we should have tagged Cooper. I made a factual point that we didnt have the tag available because we needed it for Prescott. Tagging Cooper wasnt an option.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
If you want to call it that. I wouldn't. You have ignored almost every point I made. And the ones you did addressed, you dismissed without any substance. Not exactly Socratic.

You said we should have tagged Cooper. I made a factual point that we didnt have the tag available because we needed it for Prescott. Tagging Cooper wasnt an option.
Counter factuals not a thing for you? I was providing an opinion. Some revisionist history. If you want to be literal go for it.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
You using a counter factual to reframe what could have been an actual debate is where I stopped taking you seriously

No. I made a sarcastic comment and you got your panties twisted. Then I tried to explain to you how this roster should have been handled. In my opinion of course. You disagreed and proceeded to be obtuse.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No. I made a sarcastic comment and you got your panties twisted. Then I tried to explain to you how this roster should have been handled. In my opinion of course. You disagreed and proceeded to be obtuse.
Lol. I pointed out a bad take and you failed to defend it adequately

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Lol. I pointed out a bad take and you failed to defend it adequately

A bad take? That’s your opinion. I defended it quite well. Using revisionist history of course. You may not believe that. I would surmise you seldom believe you are wrong. I would also surmise you lap up Jerry’s kool aid like a hungry kitty to milk.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
A bad take? That’s your opinion. I defended it quite well. Using revisionist history of course. You may not believe that. I would surmise you seldom believe you are wrong. I would also surmise you lap up Jerry’s kool aid like a hungry kitty to milk.
You had to use revisionist history to cover a mistake you made saying we should have tagged Cooper lol. That whole post sounds like something you typed up in 5 seconds lol. If you want to believe you made sound points, and a sound argument , thats up to you

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Not for nothing, but this whole thing started with you coming a thread about a guy enjoying a nice dinner and being Eyore. People like that make themselves so much fun to mess with

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Yeah I always blame Cooper when the defense sucks, 80% of the OL gets hurt, starting TE gets hurt, the entire QB crew gets hurt....

Cool. I do too.

The Cooper love is quite strong. I prefer the cap dollars spent elsewhere and Gallup. Sorry if that ruins your Sunday.