Amari Cooper should be released next year

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Cooper is making amazing clutch catches like that which help keep us in the game...and you are calling him expendable?
tenor.gif
Cocaine, indeed, is a hell of a drug! But yes, Cooper is expendable after this year. It’ll either be him or Gallup that moves elsewhere in the next two years

Reactions: CWR

cowfan

Reaction score
Ridiculous!!! Do you know they just signed him to a new contract worth more than $100 million? He wasn't in the game, but they still won, so why complain.

Reactions: CWR

ItzKelz

Reaction score
If you think Amari is better than Julio then you're crazy.[/QUOTE]

Amari was better than Julio in this game......FACTS

skinsscalper

Reaction score
This team has a collection of some of the absolute dumbest fans on the planet. I see the usual suspects are still as stupid as ever.

It's nice to visit this place once in a while to remind yourself that, no matter how bad life is, you'll never be as stupid as some of the mouth breathers on this site.

DanA

Reaction score
Vehemently disagree with the OP but at some stage we’re not going to be able to afford these three WR’s and when it’s time to make a decision I’m keeping Gallup and Lamb.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Hes a mental midget and always takes himself out in critical situations.

Nope. Salary guaranteed next year. The decision comes in 2022 on whether to sign Gallup and drop Cooper or just stick with Cooper. I bet the latter as long as the foot clears up before then.
  • $40M guaranteed at signing (signing bonus + 2020 salary + 2021 salary)
  • 2022 salary fully guarantees on the 5th league day of 2022 (injury guaranteed now)

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
Hes a mental midget and always takes himself out in critical situations.

Lamb and Gallup should be the 1 and 2 by next season
F o h. He’s clearly our best receiver even with the drops. He’s our fastest receiver and best route runner. He’d be way better if he went back to his roomie weight. He was great as a rookie. Then added 10 pounds. That’s when the inconsistency started. Now he’s even heavier.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
Vehemently disagree with the OP but at some stage we’re not going to be able to afford these three WR’s and when it’s time to make a decision I’m keeping Gallup and Lamb.
Gallup isn’t a number 1. He proved that last year.
He’s in the running for best no. 2 receiver, but cooper can twist any corner when healthy.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Cooper had the biggest catch of the game today lol....what a odd time to crap on Cooper. We usually save that for his road games when he sucks lol. Not today though. He was great.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
Cooper had the biggest catch of the game today lol....what a odd time to crap on Cooper. We usually save that for his road games when he sucks lol. Not today though. He was great.
He’s a top 10 receiver with room to grow. He needs to drop weight , focus and stay healthy:

Hardline

Reaction score
Just because you have the ability to post doesn't mean you should.

Cooper will play out his contract.

I keep him just for the cool Elvis side burns alone.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He’s a top 10 receiver with room to grow. He needs to drop weight , focus and stay healthy:

He needs to drop weight? There's nothing wrong with Cooper IMO. He struggled on the road last season but this whole team did so I don't hold that against him. If he does it again this year I'll start to understand that criticism.

stiletto

Reaction score
I actually like Cooper, but I would be open to trading one of their three WRs if they can get a high draft pick.

For me it would have to be for all defensive players or high picks to be used on Defensive guys or NO THANKS.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Let me think about that for a minute. We have a great receiver who DOESN'T complain, puts up numbers, isn't perfect though, and we want to get rid of him? I'm glad fans aren't GMs.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Not sure about this mental midget accusation or what it is based on. My one problem with Cooper is that he disappears on the road. Not really sure what to do with a #1 WR who disappears for 8 games out of a 16 game season.