Amari Cooper to the Patriots?

J12B

Reaction score
I like Cooper. Think he deserved to be paid after what he did for this team in that 2018 season.

But right now, I think all options are on the table.

Where could we send Cooper off too in exchange for a 1st rounder? Or a 2nd and 4th?

I'm sure the Patriots are panicking and Beliceck wants to make the playoffs this season to keep his image high with how well Brady is doing in TB.

They need help and could be desperate.

I like Cooper and want him to stay, but a 1st round pick would be tempting.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
There is no way in hell the Patriots make that trade. They don’t pay receivers big money and they are certainly not giving up a 1st round which will be in the teens at least. They don’t make panic moves that cripples there draft picks or salary cap.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
I like Cooper. Think he deserved to be paid after what he did for this team in that 2018 season.

Where could we send Cooper off too in exchange for a 1st rounder? Or a 2nd and 4th?

I'm sure the Patriots are panicking and Beliceck wants to make the playoffs this season to keep his image high with how well Brady is doing in TB.

Come on

You had me excited for a second :facepalm:

J12B

Reaction score
There is no way in hell the Patriots make that trade. They don’t pay receivers big money and they are certainly not giving up a 1st round which will be in the teens at least. They don’t make panic moves that cripples there draft picks or salary cap.

Didn't they trade for Brandon Cooks? Gave up a 1st rounder and didn't even extend him.

John813

Reaction score
Have the Pats ever paid a receiver top dollar?
Honest question, but leaning towards no. They got Randy for cheap(trade and pay), right?
I doubt they'll start now.

There's little benefit in shipping him off now and I doubt teams are looking to add a 20 mil receiver with next years cap in the air.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

Exactly. Plus, it's a 20 mil cap hit if you trade for him this year. It's 20 mil hit for the next 3 seasons, as well. Nobody is trading for this contract with the cap being reduced. BTW, where are all the guys who claimed that the salary cap would never go down, only continue to go up, anyway? Where did all of you guys disappear to?

I agree with you. The Pats would never do that deal and nobody else would either. I don't see it.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Posts like this are what drags this board into the sewer. Yes, lets take a 28 million dollar cap hit, all but wiping out space we are rolling over into next year.

If you just take a second to think before posting, it would help to keep this board from being utter crap.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Teams are not giving up high draft picks at the moment. The Ravens got a double digit sack artist for a 3rd and a 5th round pick. I believe teams are worried about the salary cap and the best way to beat it is draft choices.

ksg811

Reaction score
OP you may wanna take a look at Coop contract.......he's not going anywhere until after 2021 min.

Trading Cooper only creates $10 million in dead money (his signing bonus), $2 million this year and $8 million next year. Would save $4.25 million in cap space this year, which can be rolled into next year's space and $14 million next year for a grand total of $18.25 million in cap savings. His contract and the cap isn't a reason not to trade him.

cowboygo

Reaction score
They made a panic move by trading a 2nd rounder for Mohamed Sanu last year...

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
They made a panic move by trading a 2nd rounder for Mohamed Sanu last year...

I don't think they made a panic move. I think they made a mistake on evaluating his talent and his fit but I don't really think it was a "Panic" move. They just don't work that way. But I do agree, they missed on that one but if you think about it, it kinda speaks to why they wouldn't make a move such as the one suggested in this thread, this year. Kind of a twice bitten thing.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
OP you may wanna take a look at Coop contract.......he's not going anywhere until after 2021 min.

I so wish anyone that thinks of these 'cut and trade' threads would do that. And then they would be informed and wise to the fact that the Cowboys are stuck with the players and contracts they have.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

All someone has to do is think for about one second to realize that belicheat doesn't pay big contracts and lets those that want them to walk so the chances that he would give up a #1 foe a very highly paid WR is just a dream let alone multiple picks. He's the one that's know for letting players go a year or two early than later. Cooper is a good receiver but his contract will keep belicheat from wanting to trade for him.