Amari Cooper to the Patriots?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Cooper is from Miami and has a documented history of not playing well in the kind of weather that New England sees about 7-8 times a year. The Cheat-meister isn't that stupid.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
There is no way in hell the Patriots make that trade. They don’t pay receivers big money and they are certainly not giving up a 1st round which will be in the teens at least. They don’t make panic moves that cripples there draft picks or salary cap.
Where do you guys come up with this stuff?

You know you only get so many brain cells in a lifetime.

Why would any of us want to waste them on threads like this?

I can't do it.

Pass.

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
After Bellicheck is done with the Jones we would probably send cooper and two first rounders for thier first

Adreme

Reaction score
I like Cooper. Think he deserved to be paid after what he did for this team in that 2018 season.

But right now, I think all options are on the table.

Where could we send Cooper off too in exchange for a 1st rounder? Or a 2nd and 4th?

I'm sure the Patriots are panicking and Beliceck wants to make the playoffs this season to keep his image high with how well Brady is doing in TB.

They need help and could be desperate.

I like Cooper and want him to stay, but a 1st round pick would be tempting.

The Pats are not giving up a first for an overpaid WR who is not living up to his contract. If Amari is getting traded it would be for a 4th or 5th round pick at best.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Trade deadline cant get here fast enough. So it will clear up half the front page of all these trade or dump players threads.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
We are stuck.

If you want money to improve the team you either let Dak walk or just rely on rookies.

doomsday808

Reaction score
Right now, the state that the Cowboys are in, we have zero leverage on trading guys that we just gave big contracts to. Coop, Zeke, Dlaw, and Jaylon. Our offense and defense will be built around these guys like it or not. Dak soon to be added to that mix.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Didn't they trade for Brandon Cooks? Gave up a 1st rounder and didn't even extend him.

They did, it was pick 32 which is a big difference from where they will be picking next year. They also traded Cooks instead of paying him.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like Cooper. Think he deserved to be paid after what he did for this team in that 2018 season.

But right now, I think all options are on the table.

Where could we send Cooper off too in exchange for a 1st rounder? Or a 2nd and 4th?

I'm sure the Patriots are panicking and Beliceck wants to make the playoffs this season to keep his image high with how well Brady is doing in TB.

They need help and could be desperate.

I like Cooper and want him to stay, but a 1st round pick would be tempting.

The Patriots need a QB first. Cooper does them no good and is the kind of high paid WR the Patriots have avoided for most of the Belechek era. NE is the least likely trade partner.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
You're not getting a first for Cooper - maybe a 2nd. But there are several teams where he'd fit, for various reasons, who should have cap room next year.

NE
Jax
NYJ
Cinci
MIA
LAC (assuming they walk from Williams)

Any team going with a young QB should covet Amari, because he's extremely QB friendly. To me, it's a no-brainer for MIA and LAC, in particular. Dallas would have some dead cap if they trade him, but would still see fairly significant savings.

John813

Reaction score
Miami is actually a good team for Cooper, that would be potentially be willing to give up a good pick for him.

They have 2 1st and 2 2nds next year. If Tua proves to be legit, they have Parker at a steal of a deal and then jags at receiver.
And tons of cap space

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I understand what you're trying to do, and I full well understand that we may need to consider trading Coop. However, the reason we'd be trading him is his contract as well as trying to build draft capital. I do think we'll be able to get the draft capital for him that we want. But, his contract makes trading him very difficult at this time. Especially to the Patriots. They simply won't spend on him. And they need a QB in the worst way this year. BUT just cuz it's not this year DOESN'T mean revisit it. Depending on how they use their pick, we MIGHT be able to move him to them next season. If they get a new QB like the chap from BYU, then they may be inclined to go WR next year. That's when you strike if you're going to.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
You're not getting a first for Cooper - maybe a 2nd. But there are several teams where he'd fit, for various reasons, who should have cap room next year.

NE
Jax
NYJ
Cinci
MIA
LAC (assuming they walk from Williams)

Any team going with a young QB should covet Amari, because he's extremely QB friendly. To me, it's a no-brainer for MIA and LAC, in particular. Dallas would have some dead cap if they trade him, but would still see fairly significant savings.

I hear that, but I think the Pats will be more in need next year of a WR. I think they'll go QB this draft.