Amari Cooper Trade Rumor

Creeper

Reaction score
Doesn't make sense IMO. I see that the Chiefs have 21 million in cap space for 2022. Part of that is due to the projected cap hike, part of it due to players that currently haven't been resigned. Mahomes cap hit is going from 7 mil to 35 mil. WR hill is also going up 5 mil. Cooper alone would eat up 20 million. Are they resigning anyone? I just don't see it.

The one positive about Cooper's contract is it is mostly salary. That means another team can take him and restructure that salary into bonus lowering the annual CAP hit. But I do agree, even so, he is more money than he is worth on the field. The Cowboys will not get anyone to give up a first round pick in a trade unless the Cowboys agree to take on part of his salary. They can do that by restructuring him first, then trading him.

Brooksey

Reaction score
Do y'all remember why we had to pay overs to get Cooper in the first place? You know.. because our 40M QB couldn't complete a pass because we didn't have any talent at WR?

Hmmm.. and now we going to get rid of Cooper because we can't afford him..

SO then our 40M QB that just crapped the bed can claim its not his fault because he has no receivers.. I see.

I remember that

Flamma

Reaction score
The one positive about Cooper's contract is it is mostly salary. That means another team can take him and restructure that salary into bonus lowering the annual CAP hit. But I do agree, even so, he is more money than he is worth on the field. The Cowboys will not get anyone to give up a first round pick in a trade unless the Cowboys agree to take on part of his salary. They can do that by restructuring him first, then trading him.

You're right. I didn't think of that. Any team trading for him could turn his 20 mil salary into four years 5 million cap hit each year. But regardless of what Dallas chooses to do, I don't think we get a 1st for Cooper. Maybe a 2nd if they do like you said, take on some of the money.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No one is trading for him as they all know we cant afford to keep him.
Why pay that massive contract when they can get him on the cheap once released.

Xavier187

Reaction score
Well according to the new info.

Amari wants to stay a Cowboy. And might be willing to redo his contract to do so

Cmac

Reaction score
Why don't the Cowboys simply do as this board.......have a Fantasy Draft before the season.

kevm3

Reaction score
Trading Amari to a competitor would be one of the dumbest moves the franchise could make. What has the FO done in free agency for anyone to believe this would be a good move? All of the 'cap-savings' would be wasted on weak pickups. I can't think of anyone aside from Kearse that stood out these year, and last year was a complete disaster.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Bro. You’ve seen that Seahawk Oline and running game last two years?

I mean Dak looked great when our O-line and run game was working...Again if you guys are looking for a QB to "Carry" a team just remeber Russ couldnt cook with better recievers...but just like whats said about Dak "I'm cool if Russ will play for 20 mill a year"..Russ probably not looking for less money