Amari Cooper trade vs Hill and Adams

GINeric

Reaction score
Tyreek Hill netted a 2022 1st, a 2022 2nd a 2022 4th-round pick, and additional picks in 2023

Davonte Adams netted a 2022 first and a 2022 2nd

Amari Cooper netted a 2022 5th and 2023 6th, plus Dallas traded back a 2022 6th.

Not saying Cooper is at Adam's and Hill's level, but......man.

Coop got traded for close to what he's worth. Adams and Hill show up in big games and road games. Cooper don't. So its not like we got fleeced for what we got for Coop. He's a damn good home game receiver, but thats pretty much it.

Proof

Reaction score
Coop got traded for close to what he's worth. Adams and Hill show up in big games and road games. Cooper don't. So its not like we got fleeced for what we got for Coop. He's a damn good home game receiver, but thats pretty much it.

we got fleeced for sure. a 5th is nothing

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It was a terrible trade, we as fans have to stop this. Seeing what Stephen Jones does and do flips and cartwheels to justify it. Those other 2 guys were traded for a haul and the team they went to reset the wr market.
Amari Cooper in 2020 with backups had 92 reception for over 1100 yards on 130 targets.
We got fleeced due to our Stephen Jones needing to justify moving on from Cooper in the court of public opinion. Understanding that it would hurt his trade value but his ego and reputation was more important.

I don’t see anyone doing cartwheels.
But it was still the right move.
Fans need to stop whining about everything. As well creating false narratives on every move just to feel they belong to the whine crowd.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Tyreek Hill netted a 2022 1st, a 2022 2nd a 2022 4th-round pick, and additional picks in 2023

Davonte Adams netted a 2022 first and a 2022 2nd

Amari Cooper netted a 2022 5th and 2023 6th, plus Dallas traded back a 2022 6th.

Not saying Cooper is at Adam's and Hill's level, but......man.
can the jones trolling STOP..

ts not a close debate apples to oranges

Tyreek hill and Adams is a level above Amari ITS CALLED ELITE its not even close.both these guys are in their prime producing at high level AC is in decline and already on big deal..

AC is far from that hes simply just a good #1

that why he got more picks and two he has yet to get paid so the other team decides what to pay,..,its far different then moving a player like AC who is underachieving numbers dropped and made 20mil..

you must be high if you even try to debate that with me,.. completely different situations and complete different level of player..

TH is worth what he was traded for and we got what we could and guaranteed no one was giving us more with that deal and who AC is right now.

dez Braynt was better player than AC and maybe some of you need to wake up and realize AC isnt elite never was and never even touched seasons like Dez who had 3 elite type seasons IN A ROW. AC underachieves and the league knows it..he good yes not great and doesn't touch elite and we will eb fine without him his 20 mil theres reason he going to his third team

blueblood70

Reaction score
Agree. That was what I was saying. Thinking back, they should have gotten more than a 5th. I know Cooper had a down season. But geez...
right because they purposely took less sat back and said we will take the first offer and run with it..LMao..they had none better got it... reality check AC isn't worth that much and they had to dump 16mil in cap space and got what they could ALL THEY COULD.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Everyone seems to forget that Coop has now regressed twice in his career. Say what you want about Carr and Dak, but doesn't look good for him.

Ken

Reaction score
Adams and Hill didnt have Kirk Cousins with a tan tanking their value.
I know people think this is a cute dig on Dak but Kirk (and Dak) have never had an issue getting the ball to their wr's.

But keep saying it....

Big_D

Reaction score
right because they purposely took less sat back and said we will take the first offer and run with it..LMao..they had none better got it... reality check AC isn't worth that much and they had to dump 16mil in cap space and got what they could ALL THEY COULD.

Some make it sound like every team in the league was lined up. How can they do better than a 5th when only 1 team was willing to part with that and take on that contract? A 5th beats the only other option of no pick at all and eating dead cap on top of it.

Proof

Reaction score
Nobody wanted to pay Cooper's contract. Everyone wanted to give Adams and Hill a bigger contract. That is the difference.

i didn’t ask you the difference, and i don’t agree with your thoughts

Proof

Reaction score
can the jones trolling STOP..

ts not a close debate apples to oranges

Tyreek hill and Adams is a level above Amari ITS CALLED ELITE its not even close.both these guys are in their prime producing at high level AC is in decline and already on big deal..

AC is far from that hes simply just a good #1

that why he got more picks and two he has yet to get paid so the other team decides what to pay,..,its far different then moving a player like AC who is underachieving numbers dropped and made 20mil..

you must be high if you even try to debate that with me,.. completely different situations and complete different level of player..

TH is worth what he was traded for and we got what we could and guaranteed no one was giving us more with that deal and who AC is right now.

dez Braynt was better player than AC and maybe some of you need to wake up and realize AC isnt elite never was and never even touched seasons like Dez who had 3 elite type seasons IN A ROW. AC underachieves and the league knows it..he good yes not great and doesn't touch elite and we will eb fine without him his 20 mil theres reason he going to his third team

you really have some bad takes man. consistently. you rarely even seem to know what you’re talking about as you try to take the board to task lol

DallasMike

Reaction score

Nothing better at that moment. What was the rush? They moved enough money around to make an offer to Gregory. I can accept they moved on and got a 5th. Whatever. But it is almost hard to believe they couldn't get more than a 5th. Not worth debating over.

It is what it is. But do you have faith in the front office enough to say they couldn't have gotten more? Would Bill B have gotten more? Would The Eagles have gotten more?

Last edited: