Signed by Cowboys Amari Cooper traded to Cowboys **merged**

NumOneQB

Reaction score
I agree. We paid more for the other two. But all 3 are in the same mold, and I'll be surprised if this ends up being any better. A 3rd should have gotten it done.

Cooper wasn't going anywhere for anything other than a 1st. Raiders turned down multiple offers including 2nd & 3rd rounders. Now, imagine those conversations with some respected GMs making offers for Cooper. It wasn't happening for anything less.

MrPeanutbutter

What is this, a crossover episode?
Reaction score
Just heard this in the radio.

Disaster is upon us.

Not only did we give a 1st Rd pick for a WR once again, we removed an opportunity to select a top 3 QB in next year's draft.

What this means is:

The Cowboys are ALL IN on Dak.

The Cowboys are PROBABLY ALL IN on our idiot HC.

(An argument could be made:**Cooper was acquired to remove all excuses for Garrett moving forward**, but I don't believe so).

We are a joke of a franchise. Jones has just sealed our fate as a fan base for no less than the next 3 years.

We bid against no-one but ourselves for a player that some think does not like football very much.

Just. Wow.
The bold is just silly, honestly. If there were a draft and it was dak and the entire QB class next year, Dak would be 2 at worst. Next year is a weak QB class.

cml750

Reaction score
I have been done with them since last season so I find crap like this comical now. Jerry and his clapping clown deserve what is coming to them as more fans come to the realization that they no longer want to follow this team.

Reactions: ICP

MrPeanutbutter

What is this, a crossover episode?
Reaction score
OK so when Dak still sucks, will you admit he is not a elite QB?
I'm not sure it's a matter of Dak being elite or not. Is he good enough to win? We're going to find out.

One thing is for sure, we got a lot more out of a compensatory 4th rounder than we bargained for.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
First off I'm not happy trading a 1st round draft pick... Pretty much guts my interest in the upcoming draft.

BUT I'm not going to assume Cooper is a bad addition to this team. The kid can play. Even last year with a high percentage of drops the kid still had 7 TD's on 48 receptions.

I will not be taking up my torch and marching off to find the monster (the Jones family). I want to see how the rest of the season plays out before I pan the trade.

ConceptCoop

Reaction score
he was on his way, change of scenery would help.. whats the difference Ridley last draft at 19 which we clamored for here go back and look or Amari that has some NFL success with a1?

On his way? The arrow was pointing down. And Ridley would play on a rookie contract for 5 years and has better hands.

blueblood70

Reaction score
We don’t have a QB and it’s obvious
yet the entire CZ fan based blamed Jerry and Stephen for not getting Ridley or Watkins.. noones ever happy here..lets let it play out we keep him for the next QB :)) Maybe by some miracle like Bease, AC and Dak get a good thing going.. can we wait before all the BS starts?

817Gill

Reaction score
I didn't want to trade a first either but Dak's not going anywhere next year. He has one more year of a cheap salary and does just enough to think that with a competent coaching staff and some proven targets, he can be a franchise guy. No matter how much we hate Dak, the majority of NFL people feel as though if he was given more help in personnel and coaching, he would be at least a middle of the pack starter.

It's so hard to find quarterbacks in the draft and I know we are bad this year but we will not have a top 5 pick, this team will end up around 7-9/8-8 and warrant a pick just outside the top 8. With a QB class that only has 1 maybe 2 legitimate future NFL starters, there's no way we would get a shot at any of them unless we traded the house to move up. And no matter how much people want a DT in the first round, the defense has performed far too well to spend another 1st round pick on it, especially since the DT class is so deep and quality will be available deep into the third.

Basically, all signs were pointing to the Cowboys drafting a receiver in the 2019 draft. That being said, unless you get N'Keal Harry, Cooper is by far better than any prospect in next years draft. he's 24 and been to two pro-bowls. He's proven that when he's focused and engaged he can be dominant. The Raiders are far from a functional organization and his issues come more from frustration than actual lack of skill. Amari Cooper is a baller when he wants to be

Again I think we overreacted by trading for a WR, but the team is not going to be successful with the weapons they have. This team was prepared to draft a receiver next year. Why not roll with the proven commodity over a guy coming out of college? With Cooper we have a legitimate 1, who with Gallup and Beasley actually gives us a very solid receiving corps. The only reason I don't hate this trade is because we aren't gambling on a receiver in the draft, rather getting one we know can play.

HellCrowe

Reaction score
lol the FO trying to outsmart the competition. Coaches? Dak? WR? They put their eggs all in on their future WR right here. So for the next few years, we can scratch WR from possible "needs" as well as the add Cooper to the "least likely to get cut" category. This subtracts Dak and the coaches WR problem from their apologists (which includes the FO).

Let's go!

ConceptCoop

Reaction score
Cooper wasn't going anywhere for anything other than a 1st. Raiders turned down multiple offers including 2nd & 3rd rounders. Now, imagine those conversations with some respected GMs making offers for Cooper. It wasn't happening for anything less.

Then it shouldn't have happened.