Signed by Cowboys Amari Cooper traded to Cowboys **merged**

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'd argue that the Joey and RW trades were worse than this because they are. We gave up more and Amari could pan out.

No problem with trading for Cooper, just not at the capital we gave them. A second was more than enough.
This is a bad trade. But those two were much worse

dwreck27

Reaction score
he was on his way, change of scenery would help.. whats the difference Ridley last draft at 19 which we clamored for here go back and look or Amari that has some NFL success with a1?

We don’t have a QB and it’s obvious

fishspill

Reaction score
Means Dak is the QB next year.

They will not be drafting a QB in the 1st round...
Or perhaps more importantly have the acquired capital to get a QB in the draft after. Trading this year’s 1st during the draft could have us in a great position.

Cannibal_Cowboy

Reaction score
I'd argue that the Joey and RW trades were worse than this because they are. We gave up more and Amari could pan out.

No problem with trading for Cooper, just not at the capital we gave them. A second was more than enough.
Cooper will never pan out with Daktard throwing him passes...

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Most good passing QBs can hit wide open guys in stride. Have you seen Mason Fine at North Texas? Dude is one of the best passing QBs in the nation, but he's not even close to sniffing the 1st 4 rounds of the NFL draft. Tua is a better QB than any of the previous Bama QBs, I'll give you that.
It's not just that he hits them in stride. He hits them CONSISTENTLY in stride. And he has the ability to scan the field to his third and fourth options. And he can look off safeties like a pro.
Also, the difference between Fine and Tua is that Fine is doing it against comparatively inferior talent. Tua is doing it against guys who are going to be in the NFL.
I'm sorry. I don't usually rave about quarterbacks, but Tua is the real deal. Unless he gets pick by a team that has a crappy offensive line, he is going to be an elite quarterback. He's better than Dak Prescott right now. Yeah, I said it.

morasp

Reaction score
Probably a first and a second, Gruden told him someone offered a first and a third.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Just heard this in the radio.

Disaster is upon us.

Not only did we give a 1st Rd pick for a WR once again, we removed an opportunity to select a top 3 QB in next year's draft.

What this means is:

The Cowboys are ALL IN on Dak.

The Cowboys are PROBABLY ALL IN on our idiot HC.

(An argument could be made:**Cooper was acquired to remove all excuses for Garrett moving forward**, but I don't believe so).

We are a joke of a franchise. Jones has just sealed our fate as a fan base for no less than the next 3 years.

We bid against no-one but ourselves for a player that some think does not like football very much.

The Owner is senile or hates us. He learns nothing, nor acknowledges mistakes of the past.

Just. Wow.

Sepia

Reaction score
Eh, whatever. First round seems like a big investment.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Just heard this in the radio.

Disaster is upon us.

Not only did we give a 1st Rd pick for a WR once again, we removed an opportunity to select a top 3 QB in next year's draft.

What this means is:

The Cowboys are ALL IN on Dak.

The Cowboys are PROBABLY ALL IN on our idiot HC.

(An argument could be made:**Cooper was acquired to remove all excuses for Garrett moving forward**, but I don't believe so).

We are a joke of a franchise. Jones has just sealed our fate as a fan base for no less than the next 3 years.

We bid against no-one but ourselves for a player that some think does not like football very much.

Just. Wow.
:hammer: