pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
might even fade more with Jarwin and Pollard getting more looks

who cares though, winning > personal accolades

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
263 yards rushing guys, 7 YPC. You can't expect to get that kind of production and have the passing game produce a 100+ rec game. Can it happen? Yeah, it can but the focus was on the run yesterday and for good reason. The formula we saw yesterday is the one that the Cowboys win with usually. Throwing for 400 yards has not really worked out all that well for us.

Proof

Reaction score
He had one catch yesterday. Dropped another one. He only has 1 td in the last 5 games.

Road games and top corners seem to be this guys kryptonite.

Yes, I know he saw some bracket coverage vs the Rams, but that is not something unique to him. Deandre Hopkins gets it too but he has a minimum 5 catches in 17 straight games (NFL record).

If we're going to beat Philly, he's going to need to wake up from this slump. I don't want to be sitting here a week from now trying to figure out Greg Ward Jr. outplayed him.

you know when I'm trying to make a case to disparage someone, I always point to an NFL record as a reasonable frame of reference.

JBond

Reaction score
He had one catch yesterday. Dropped another one. He only has 1 td in the last 5 games.

Yes, I know he saw some bracket coverage vs the Rams, but that is not something unique to him. Deandre Hopkins gets it too but he has a minimum 5 catches in 17 straight games (NFL record).

If we're going to beat Philly, he's going to need to wake up from this slump. I don't want to be sitting here a week from now trying to figure out Greg Ward Jr. outplayed him.
I believe he is dinged up. Multiple injuries during the season are having a cumulative effect. He was slow to get up after his catch yesterday. When healthy, he is a top 10 WR.

silvernblu

Reaction score

Oh ffs!

The Cowboys dominated. Whether his presence enabled the run, or Tavon to get open. He had an impact. You can’t have big stat games every week!

Would you rather he have 100 yards and the Cowboys lose?

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Having a nagging injury takes it toll. I'm not too concerned about him. He got just 2 targets, but Prescott spread the ball around. At least they weren't trying to force it to him.

Carson

Reaction score
You know who couldn’t care less about stays? Cooper

Kid is a team first guy who wants to win

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
I think Cooper would be shut down if Dallas was eliminated. It is obvious that he is banged up pretty good but grinding through it.

The irony with fans is that if a player guts it out and plays through injury, fans will jump on them because they are "fading" or whatever. It is much better for the team for him to play because he still attracts the double coverage or the best CB, but it's better for his reputation and probably his career if he just sits.

J12B

Reaction score

This coming Sunday, he'll have 8 catches for 160 yards and 2 TDs

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

We are not designed to be a pass happy team. We are run dependant team that needs a good run game for everything else to fall into place.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Gallup and Cobb only had one catch as well. There is no one formula to winning. In this game the ground game, TE's and receieving opportunity out of the backfield presented the best options. You also have to remember that once we got the big lead we weren't going to throw downfield much and increase the odds of turnovers that could help the Rams get back into it. In short, the game situation was what limited WR opportunities. And, by the way, the Cooper "drop" was a bad throw.

dckid

Reaction score

Who here actually thinks Amari is Hopkins, Julio, Michael Thomas, or Antonio Brown?? He is not at that level and I am not bashing the guy.
Amari is great for us and should be resigned as he is still young, he is just a step down from those guys.
He is in the league of Keenan allen, Lockett, Diggs, Thielin, not as good as Evans probably similar to Godwin.

Love him on this team.

Chill35

Reaction score
Why not support the player instead of criticizing. He will come back big when we need him the most. Same thing would happen with Michael.

rags747

Reaction score
The dude has some busted wheels at this point, I think he will be fine.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

Not a good time to make this argument. If we weren't able to run the ball for more than 200 yards, then pointing out that Cooper had just one catch might be legitimate. If we didn't score 44 points, then pointing out that Cooper had just one catch might be legitimate. If some other receiver had gone off against the Rams to pick up the slack, then pointing out that Cooper had just one catch might be legitimate. If Prescott's accuracy had not been clearly off perhaps because of the broken fingertip, then pointing out that Cooper had just one catch might be legitimate.

As it is, you are just making yourself look like someone whose only focus was on Cooper having just one catch instead of seeing the whole picture.

quickccc

Reaction score

ok, what elite coverage CB do the Eagles have that we should fear Cooper will have issues with ?

if you pay close attention to their secondary, virtually every team they face tends to have a field day against their weak link secondary .

Cooper and Gallup actually should have one of their better games next Sunday - provided we don't have to play in a freaking snow blizzard or a windy downpour like the Pats game.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
I believe they are hiding an injury with Cooper.

Zero doubt in my mind about this, at this point.
We need to take care of Philly and clinch the division next week.

That would allow them to rest Cooper in week 17, which imo he clearly needs.