Amari is fading

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
He had one catch yesterday. Dropped another one. He only has 1 td in the last 5 games.

Road games and top corners seem to be this guys kryptonite.

Yes, I know he saw some bracket coverage vs the Rams, but that is not something unique to him. Deandre Hopkins gets it too but he has a minimum 5 catches in 17 straight games (NFL record).

If we're going to beat Philly, he's going to need to wake up from this slump. I don't want to be sitting here a week from now trying to figure out Greg Ward Jr. outplayed him.
44-21

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
He had one catch yesterday. Dropped another one. He only has 1 td in the last 5 games.

Yes, I know he saw some bracket coverage vs the Rams, but that is not something unique to him. Deandre Hopkins gets it too but he has a minimum 5 catches in 17 straight games (NFL record).

If we're going to beat Philly, he's going to need to wake up from this slump. I don't want to be sitting here a week from now trying to figure out Greg Ward Jr. outplayed him.
I like how you compared his production to an NFL record. I agree though he has disappeared a little but as long as others are getting theirs I can live with it. Also not fully healthy and 2 targets.

Swanny

Reaction score
Who cares if the offense looks like it did yesterday I'll take that production from Amari every week.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Amari has been injured, and be glad the running game can carry this team.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Amati is the #1 and the guy is vying for a huge contract. Plus the thread isn't about one game, it's about the last 5 games. Cobb and Gallup have outplayed him during that stretch of games.
The free agent wr list looks terrible outside of Amari. Its either sign Amari or draft a guy round 1. Unless AJ Green would come here for less.

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
Screw talking about the Cowboys. Why in the dang world would that 'very attractive' young lady, in your sig, do that to herself by going full Arnold mode? And no matter how long I stare at 'Image A', I can't figure out the equation that gets me to 'Image B'. :huh::)

Everyone is different, man. She obviously started lifting, liked the way it made her look/feel, reaped the benefits of being healthier, and probably just straight up enjoys being strong (It way better than being weak).

Bodybuilders have a different mindset. They are fiercely independent and do not care what 'normies' think.

As far as the equation...lift a lot, eat a lot, take some steroids, repeat.

kskboys

Reaction score
Everyone is different, man. She obviously started lifting, liked the way it made her look/feel, reaped the benefits of being healthier, and probably just straight up enjoys being strong (It way better than being weak).

Bodybuilders have a different mindset. They are fiercely independent and do not care what 'normies' think.

As far as the equation...lift a lot, eat a lot, take some steroids, repeat.
"Being healthier" and "taking steroids" are contradictory terms.

birdwells1

Reaction score
Team scored 44 points.
The difference is that in New England they won but are trying to figure out the things that went wrong. In Dallas we win and think that it's all good. We kick 2 kick offs out of bounds, Bennett was offside at least 4 times and was called for 2, we still struggled against screen plays, our starting wrs had 3 catches for 22 yards. Bill B would find reason to keep this team from not feeling itself not cheerlead from the podium.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I will add that Amari did not have a great game but that big reception was awesome. He went up for the ball even though he was going to be hit. A big time play.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
And? This thread is about Amari not the team.

If the team is scoring regardless, that makes it more likely that Amari's low production is a result of the defense using more resource to cover him and less to cover the rest of the team.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

He is playing through an injury. Some players wouldn't even be on the field from what I've heard with regards to his injury. They "shoot it up" to allow him to play but it's a significant issue according to some local media.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Didnt he destroy the Eagles last year in Philly? Asking for a friend.
6 catches for 75 yds and 0 TDs

i guess in your boring world, that equates to “destroying”

btw, does your friend share as many bad football takes as you?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Amati is the #1 and the guy is vying for a huge contract. Plus the thread isn't about one game, it's about the last 5 games. Cobb and Gallup have outplayed him during that stretch of games.

So....any idea WHY they might have "outplayed" him? Because of stats on paper alone? What you saw on the televised play?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If the team is scoring regardless, that makes it more likely that Amari's low production is a result of the defense using more resource to cover him and less to cover the rest of the team.

I would tend to agree. We do not have a system or QB that is gonna BURN good over coverage. EVen Amari himself might not be like that. But in the end...if we see Amari ttaking up defensive resources.....then other players are given better opportunity. It's not something you see in stats or televised game play.