Amari is fading

EJK24

Reaction score
If we can continue to be a run first team and have Zeke and Pollard carry the offense, I'm okay with our receivers not putting up huge numbers. At some point the receivers will have to step up and we have to hope they come through but I agree with some of the above posters, Amari is not playing like himself with injuries getting the best of him.

KingRah

Reaction score
He had one catch yesterday. Dropped another one. He only has 1 td in the last 5 games.

Road games and top corners seem to be this guys kryptonite.

Yes, I know he saw some bracket coverage vs the Rams, but that is not something unique to him. Deandre Hopkins gets it too but he has a minimum 5 catches in 17 straight games (NFL record).

If we're going to beat Philly, he's going to need to wake up from this slump. I don't want to be sitting here a week from now trying to figure out Greg Ward Jr. outplayed him.
Knee injuries dont get better when you keep playing.

kskboys

Reaction score
As with any drug, knowing how to take them and which ones to take are key.
Yes and no.

However, taking steroids to increase the muscle mass you can build is not healthy. If you believe it is, you are fooling yourself.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
The Eagles’ secondary will be Amari’s cure. In his three games here against the Eagles, he is averaging 7 receptions per game and more than 130 receiving yards.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
He had one catch yesterday. Dropped another one. He only has 1 td in the last 5 games.

Yes, I know he saw some bracket coverage vs the Rams, but that is not something unique to him. Deandre Hopkins gets it too but he has a minimum 5 catches in 17 straight games (NFL record).

If we're going to beat Philly, he's going to need to wake up from this slump. I don't want to be sitting here a week from now trying to figure out Greg Ward Jr. outplayed him.

Ramsey was on him one on one with safety help. That would have opened up plays for others like Cobb or Gallup. Ramsey is one of the best corners in football.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Have you ever thought that he's playing injured? Each player goes through droughts. How many threads were in here not so long about Zeke? "He's not playing hard after he was paid" "Zeke slowed down" "Zeke is fat".... some of our fanbase nit picks on players like there's no tomorrow.

Even after a great win. Move on already & enjoy the ride. If not for Coop, I highly doubt we'd have 6 wins. He's helped this team tremendously by moving the chains and is playing at a higher level than he ever played with the Raiders.

To top it off, he's the best route runner in the league since Ocho Cinco.

Twin928

Reaction score

Well gud thing he destroys the eagles not worried

Johnny23

Reaction score
Some of us keep pointing out that this is Amari Cooper. It seems other fans are catching on. He's not worth the money he wants. Still we're locked into paying this guy who literally hasn't changed since college like he's top 3.

phildadon86

Reaction score
6 catches for 75 yds and 0 TDs

i guess in your boring world, that equates to “destroying”

btw, does your friend share as many bad football takes as you?
Ummm. I was actually asking because I remember a game where Amari did destroy the eagles. It was at home though. So thats my bad. You need to relax.

dallas72

Reaction score

Well Gallop only had 1 catch? Do we cut him aswell?...Amari been playing hurt all year and still a top 10 WR in NFL

dallas72

Reaction score
I can’t blame it all on Amari. Dak struggles for a few games too. And let’s face it. Yesterday they didn’t need to throw him the ball, and attacking Ramsey would have been a poor gameplan regardless of having Amari or not.

I know he struggles on the road. But I do hope he brings it against the eagles next week. Their secondary is awful.
Gilmore,White,Ramsey not many WRs will catches passes Especially when they are probably 80% healthy

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Yep he faded

hope he fades his way off this team...he got outplayed by Greg Ward Jr.

Digusting

Desmond Demond Bryant would never

#freemyguyZ

Zordon

Reaction score
Cooper is 70 yds behind Hopkins in receiving yards for the year.
Over 14 games that’s 5 yds a game.

I’d say he’s had a few slow games but fading? Nah not for me.
Gallup has 1 catch for 6 yards...
Cobb had 1 catch for -3 yards...

Should I start new threads for both of these guys?
lmao, Amari Cooper is playing through an injury to just about every part of his body and is still drawing double coverage.

Lots of reasons for hand wringing but this ain’t it
We just scored 44 points and people still whine about it lol.
He is not fading... The team ran for 260 plus yards.
Meh, the running game was ballin' yesterday. They didn't need to throw it much.
He is not fading... The team ran for 260 plus yards.

263 yards rushing guys, 7 YPC. You can't expect to get that kind of production and have the passing game produce a 100+ rec game. Can it happen? Yeah, it can but the focus was on the run yesterday and for good reason. The formula we saw yesterday is the one that the Cowboys win with usually. Throwing for 400 yards has not really worked out all that well for us.
Why not support the player instead of criticizing. He will come back big when we need him the most. Same thing would happen with Michael.
The fact that he's playing with injuries and has been pretty much all season voids this silly thread.

So what's the excuse now?

I know a fraud when I see one.